Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Modular V10 (6.8l) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum49/)
-   -   Please reply need help (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1332369-please-reply-need-help.html)

Codyscee 08-24-2014 07:25 PM

Please reply need help

I'm having huge issues with my truck. I've replaced the fuel pump, pcm (3times), all relays. I believe I have the fuel pump operating properly, it turns on for half a second at a time( only getting power from pcm for a half second) I'm getting decent pressure fuel

Codyscee 08-24-2014 07:33 PM

Fuel rail. Truck will still not start, will try when I spray starting fluid down intake. I don't think my injectors are firing, i put my meter on the plug going to the injector on the driver side and it is getting power and ground as soon as I turn they key. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the injectors? Anyone know what could cause it not to start if I have spark and fuel at rail? Please help, I have dumped thousands of dollars into this repair and have gone to 3 mechanics who could not fix it. It's a 1999 f250 with a v10, automatic. Could this be another bad pcm??

350v10 08-24-2014 11:50 PM

Have you checked the emergency shutoff switch behind the passenger side foot well? Check and see if the button is pushed down.

Codyscee 08-25-2014 05:42 AM

Yes, ohmed it out and it's sending power to pump. I manually tripped and reset it it just to make sure it was working properly.

JWA 08-25-2014 07:37 AM

Are you certain---CERTAIN I ask---that all the PCM grounds are intact and allowing current flow to ground when needed?

Frying three or more PCM's would have me looking very, very carefully at the chassis wiring harnesses.

toddb1 08-25-2014 10:32 AM

its normal for it to only prime for a second, then drop to 6.5v or there about. Have you tried a fuel pump relay. Does your fuel pressure drop after you try to start it? Any codes?

Codyscee 08-25-2014 01:55 PM

There was some cut up wires in the harness and I replaced all of them. I have now also pulled out all fuses that are not required to start the truck just to be safe. I'm getting voltage to the injectors now, I'm getting spark and the fuel pump is kicking on very briefly. I'm going to get a fuel pressure gauge tonight and test that. Is it possible that I might have a bad regulator/ fuel filter from sitting for 18 months during the electrical repair? What should the fuel pressure be?

speakerfritz 08-25-2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Codyscee (Post 14611801)
There was some cut up wires in the harness and I replaced all of them. I have now also pulled out all fuses that are not required to start the truck just to be safe. I'm getting voltage to the injectors now, I'm getting spark and the fuel pump is kicking on very briefly. I'm going to get a fuel pressure gauge tonight and test that. Is it possible that I might have a bad regulator/ fuel filter from sitting for 18 months during the electrical repair? What should the fuel pressure be?

this is very important information to bring to light...why were the wires all cut up...what type of electrical repair takes 18 months...was the vehicle involved in a fire?

Codyscee 08-25-2014 02:42 PM

Found some wires on the headlight switch rigged up, wires in door had been cut up by window rolling up and down. The first mechanic replaced the pcm 2x them said something about a short in the instrument cluster, them replaced the pcm again . It was with the first mechanic for 16 months, at that point I realized he would probly never get it running so I took it to 2 more mechanics who didn't rally seem to know what they were doing

Codyscee 08-26-2014 06:36 PM

It looks like only half my coils are not getting power

zoenemo1 08-27-2014 03:30 PM

did you replace the pcm power relay?

zoenemo1 08-27-2014 03:39 PM

also the pcm controls the ground side of your coils so you should have 12volts key on engine off fuel pressure key on engine off 35-45