Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   Anyone else order their new 2015? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1331527-anyone-else-order-their-new-2015-a.html)

TheStuffz 08-19-2014 07:50 PM

Anyone else order their new 2015?

went to a local dealer the other day and sat down with the sales rep and put the order in for a new 2015.

Picked out that it will be a Lariat Sport Package. Had to do that to get some features wanted. It will have:
-3.5 EcoBoost
-4x4 w/locking rear diff
-3.55's (have 3.73's now and i do more highway then towing)
-Crew cab
-5.5' box
-18" tires
-Max Tow
-Max Payload
-Tow mirrors
-Nav system (with sync, voice navigation, etc)
-Side spot lights
-8" dash screen
-panoramic sunroof
-Technology Package (all around cameras and some more goodies)
-leather (blah)
-Magnetic paint Colour (to match the lariat sport rims)
-Tailgate Step
-LED headlights
-Spray in liner
-tried for wheel well inserts but not available yet
-Sony 10 speaker stereo
-FX4 package (comes with hill decent and active parking control and lane keeping etc)
-No rubber floor mats (going to buy good ones anyhow)
-Dual Climate control

I'm sure there is other things I forgot.
Dealer told me sticker is $64k area.

Anyone else order theirs yet??

oh yeah. and no obligation to buy if I don't like or just can't do what I want it to do for towing etc.

RigTrash601 08-19-2014 09:57 PM

Doesn't look like you left much in the options bag! LOL Sounds like it is going to be a bad azz ride! Congrats... As far as the 3.73 / 3.55 - there isn't a lot of difference in the two, I don't think you'll notice.

paredneck33 08-19-2014 10:09 PM

Sounds like a nice rig. But then again for 64k, it better be. Just remember we need pics. when the truck arrives or it didn't happen. :-drink

paredneck33 08-19-2014 10:10 PM

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Did they say what the tow rating is for the truck? I wonder too if you can now get the 5.0 with max tow?

RigTrash601 08-19-2014 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by paredneck33 (Post 14597410)
Oh yeah I forgot to ask. Did they say what the tow rating is for the truck? I wonder too if you can now get the 5.0 with max tow?

I'm sure you can, especially with the weight reduction, I would think the only one that wouldn't have that option would be the 3.7L and possibly the 2.7L (I haven't read enough information about it yet).

j.grif 08-19-2014 11:03 PM

I wonder what that price would be in an American dealership, seems a little high to me, looks like you have ordered a real nice truck!

2015er 08-20-2014 02:10 PM

I have a tip for saving $$$ when going in to the dealer to purchase your truck. Ford has a program called "X Plan Partner Recognition Program". Normally this is a program that offers vehicle sale below dealer invoice for Ford employees and affiliated businesses with Ford (i.e. suppliers, etc.). However, this benefit also applies to members of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA). The website is EAA | Experimental Aircraft Association | Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The membership is $40 per year and to qualify one has to be a member for 60 consecutive days. To verify what I am saying look under membership tab at the top of the webpage and scroll down to member benfits and you'll see the benefit description there and they describe how one then qualifies for the discount. I read of one person's accounting of this program where they saved $10k off the MSRP.

TheStuffz 08-20-2014 07:37 PM

Official Towing - Not in yet... That's where the no commitment to purchase is. I have a 11k lbs camper. my current f150 with ecoboost and max tow and payload is rated for it (with the biggest darn weight distribution hitch out there lol). If this one comes in max at 9k or something I would have to say sorry to the dealership.

I'm going to try to get lower on a few things, Going for Ford's 0% financing, try for their loyalty program (trading ford in on ford etc) and business rate, CAA rate, Whatever I can do to get that down! Current F150 had a 47k sticker and I drove it away for under 35!

Aquapools 08-20-2014 07:41 PM

Made my order today and I am excited like a little kid.

King Ranch,
Chrome and Monochromatic Package.
Luxury Group 601
3.5 Ecoboost
adaptive cruise
trailer tow package
active park assist
Technology Package
33 gallon tank
spray in bed liner

$53,500.00 brother in law deal.

TheStuffz 08-20-2014 07:59 PM

I never even thought to see what size the tank was! bah!

wonder what else i missed now..

beerguy214 08-23-2014 10:57 PM

good thing I finally seen that was Canadian money I started to choke when I saw 64,000 for a 1/2 ton.lol

TheStuffz 08-24-2014 12:44 AM

yeah I dunno why we get the shaft so bad up here...

I know for sure I aint driving it home with that big of a price tag!

CGiron 08-24-2014 09:47 AM

It will be a long wait for some http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...ntil-next-year

RigTrash601 08-24-2014 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by CGiron (Post 14608345)

Good info, thanks. If I were buying one, it would suck to have it getting pushed back so much, but I'd rather Ford work out potential issues than rush it to the market. I think having to wait a little longer is a lot better than getting the truck in their stated time frame and then the truck stay in the service bay more than my driveway!

TheStuffz 08-24-2014 12:14 PM

yeah i heard that if you custom custom order it by your name etc, you're on the last of the line list. This truck is just being ordered as is by the dealership. they expect it to be in by november at the latest. its been submitted to the plant for build.