Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   07 6.0 f250 runs but no boost and won't drive. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1329884-07-6-0-f250-runs-but-no-boost-and-wont-drive.html)

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 02:55 PM

07 6.0 f250 runs but no boost and won't drive.

Was travelling to a job site today. Driving up a steep hill and when the truck downshifted it started pouring black smoke. By the time I got pulled over at the top of the hill the truck had overheated and was dumping coolant. Anyhow got it cooled down and topped up coolant and will start but has no boost and dies as soon as I try and rev it up. Had it towed to diesel shop. Any idea what it my be? I've dumped over 8k into this truck in the last 10 months. Injectors, FICM, bent pushrods and a new hpop. Not sure if I can afford to keep this piece of crap. Maintenance is done as required and use synthetic oil and oem filters. Truck has 140k miles on it and I've owned since new and is still bone stock, no deletes, chips or tuners.

Edogsf350 08-10-2014 03:04 PM

how did you bend push rods? I have never read on here about someone bending push rods:-huh

BLADE35 08-10-2014 03:07 PM

whats the smoke smell like Diesel fuel??

I can tell by the parts list your mechanic is probably taking advantage of you

you may have a Bad Injector a Bubble test is Needed and if the truck eats injectors then you might have low fuel press

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 03:08 PM

No idea really, shop said the first was due to so exhaust issue and the second one was due to an intake issue... I'm no mechanic so it's all Greek to me.

BLADE35 08-10-2014 03:12 PM

is all that work recent???

more info would help

Your HPOP PER your Model Year has been a GREAT ONE Few Failures so this is why I suspect the mechanic is either ripping you off or a *******

BLADE35 08-10-2014 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Whitetailhntr (Post 14572571)
No idea really, shop said the first was due to so exhaust issue and the second one was due to an intake issue... I'm no mechanic so it's all Greek to me.

you need a New Shop

this Pisses me Off there Liars

you could have rebuilt the engine for 8K

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by BLADE35 (Post 14572566)
whats the smoke smell like Diesel fuel??

I can tell by the parts list your mechanic is probably taking advantage of you

you may have a Bad Injector a Bubble test is Needed and if the truck eats injectors then you might have low fuel press

Not sure about the smell of the smoke. I was driving and just trying to get pulled over of a busy highway. It was black and lots of it.
The injectors and FICM were done by a different mechanic. We have since moved to a different town since then and the shop I used here came highly recommended and seem to be straight up. The owner of the shop is a stand up guy and has a good reputation.

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by BLADE35 (Post 14572586)
you need a New Shop

this Pisses me Off there Liars

you could have rebuilt the engine for 8K

I live in northern Alberta in Canada. A new engine here will run 12-13k.

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BLADE35 (Post 14572582)
is all that work recent???

more info would help

Your HPOP PER your Model Year has been a GREAT ONE Few Failures so this is why I suspect the mechanic is either ripping you off or a *******

He said it was only the 3rd hpop he's ever done on an 07. The first pushrod was in April, hpop was in May and the second pushrod was about 3 weeks ago. The other stuff was last august done by different mechanic

BLADE35 08-10-2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Whitetailhntr (Post 14572593)
Not sure about the smell of the smoke. I was driving and just trying to get pulled over of a busy highway. It was black and lots of it.
The injectors and FICM were done by a different mechanic. We have since moved to a different town since then and the shop I used here came highly recommended and seem to be straight up. The owner of the shop is a stand up guy and has a good reputation.

I hope the new shop is better

IDK how many times ive seen shops replace all 8 inject plus the FICM all in the same shot (This problem is common and normally a 400$$ FICM Repair)

They cant diagnose a Faulty injector with a Bad FICM (Fuel Injector Control Module ) you must fix the FICM First and Retest cylinder balance
But they do it all the time

BLADE35 08-10-2014 03:42 PM

Push rods don't normaly just bend on there own

They bend when they Runaway or if the heads had been off and not installed correct or a Injector that Blows its tip off into the cylinder

have all the bent push rods been on the same cylinder??

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 03:46 PM

The FICM was replaced first and then tested. Injectors 4 And 6 were showing as bad and then replaced. Truck ran very well till April then just sarted having problem after problem... It's very frustrating and costly. I use my truck for work everyday and when I'm without it I pay for repairs plus have to rent vehicles and then use my wife's Tundra for work. It all adds up in a hurry. As good as the tundra is it's not a 3/4 diesel that I need day in and day out.

Whitetailhntr 08-10-2014 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BLADE35 (Post 14572641)
Push rods don't normaly just bend on there own

They bend when they Runaway or if the heads had been off and not installed correct or a Injector that Blows its tip off into the cylinder

have all the bent push rods been on the same cylinder??

Yes they were both on cylinder 2. If have to look at the invoice but seems I remember something about a broken rocker the first time around.

BLADE35 08-10-2014 04:04 PM

Canada well I hear everythings expensive there

Do you guys know if Mike is by this guys location?????????
Edit looks like mike is in Ontario

BLADE35 08-10-2014 04:14 PM

does your truck have a stock boost gauge then

maybe it blew a CAC Boot off
you could check them easy enough theres 4 of them start at turbo and follow the tubes