Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   aftermarket hitch for the X (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1326145-aftermarket-hitch-for-the-x.html)

1 Excursion camper 08-16-2014 07:31 AM

MOMMY, DADDY STOP FIGHTING!

wpnaes 08-16-2014 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I find myself visiting less and less here on the Excursion forum.

william_04_x 08-16-2014 08:54 AM

I had stopped coming here for the longest time. The ignorant 6.0l bashing was ridiculous. This is first, and foremost, a technical forum. To allow inaccurate information to be passed to other members will do more harm than anything else. If members disagree, so be it, as long as the truth comes out at the end. None of us are right all the time. Personal opinions on subjective issues don't always have to lead to arguments, and some are better at crafting their words to politely defend their positions.

I wish I was one of those kind of guys. :-missingt

william_04_x 08-16-2014 10:35 AM

For the times when it gets tough around here. Don't think about leaving. From everyone, to everyone. :-X14

Debby Boone You light up my life:

It ain't that bad. At least we have the collective maturity of 8th graders. Most places are still in kindergarten. :D

Misky6.0 08-16-2014 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 14587320)
I find myself visiting less and less here on the Excursion forum.

I found a way to improve the experience again.
Go to: User CP => Edit Ignore List

Add the screen name and hit save, has helped me a lot. :-X03

The2003Excursion 08-16-2014 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Misky6.0 (Post 14587825)

I found a way to improve the experience again.
Go to: User CP => Edit Ignore List

Add the screen name and hit save, has helped me a lot. :-X03

The problem is when someone else quotes drivel, you still have to see it.

EXv10 08-16-2014 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 14586985)
I say you're wrong when I KNOW you're wrong. I don't think it's very often (like you stated) , but rather, just on subjects you continue to argue about even when faced with facts.

Case in point:

You said, and I quote, that "Warns are useless." You didn't say they were needless, you said they were useless, and that's just plain wrong.

Warn hubs are far from useless. They work quite well. You posted bad information and I corrected it.

Nobody?? Jeez, you need to pay better attention. I not only agree with you when you say that, but I have often pointed people to your drill-a-small-hole fix that you came up with.

But that wasn't the assertion you made when I corrected you. You stated Warn hubs were useless and they aren't. They work and they work quite well.

No you aren't. Rear sway bars can help with Excursion Wander which means it helps with the ride. You don't have to tow or drive hard and fast to obtain a better ride by adding a rear sway bar.

Again, wrong. It is true. It's happened so many times, people have posted about the problem for years and Mark Kovalsky has explained why it happens.

Just because you refuse to acknowledge facts doesn't mean you're right. It just means (like I posted earlier) it's ridiculous.

Stewart

Nope, you are waaay out in left field but I'm not going to try to prove everything. I have experience as a mechanic for many years and you don't, plus many years of drag racing, plus years of mechanical schooling, plus I am much older than you so I am not even going to attempt to prove everything (again).

william_04_x 08-16-2014 01:06 PM

I guess it's time again,...

for another episode,...

of....

WOW... just WOW! :-missingt:-missingt:-missingt

1 Excursion camper 08-16-2014 01:58 PM

And all I wanted was to let people know about an aftermarket hitch available for the X and to get some opinions on it vs. the factory hitch! sheesh!

I think I`ll head over to the Suburban forum, at least they know their hitches are junk and anything is better than factory!

Misky6.0 08-16-2014 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper (Post 14588021)
And all I wanted was to let people know about an aftermarket hitch available for the X and to get some opinions on it vs. the factory hitch! sheesh!

I think I`ll head over to the Suburban forum, at least they know their hitches are junk and anything is better than factory!

Thanks for bringing to our attention a product which fits our Excursions. :-X03

And, thanks for getting the thread back on track. :-drink

mecdac 08-16-2014 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by EXv10 (Post 14587935)
Nope, you are waaay out in left field but I'm not going to try to prove everything. I have experience as a mechanic for many years and you don't, plus many years of drag racing, plus years of mechanical schooling, plus I am much older than you so I am not even going to attempt to prove everything (again).

Biography

According to your bio you were a mechanic up until Circa 1969~1971. Nixon was the president when you were a mechanic.

As we all know there have not been any advances in mechanical practices or techniques in the last 40+ years.

Why lash out at a moderator? :-X16

EXv10 08-16-2014 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by mecdac (Post 14588058)
Biography

According to your bio you were a mechanic up until Circa 1969~1971. Nixon was the president when you were a mechanic.

As we all know there have not been any advances in mechanical practices or techniques in the last 40+ years.

Why lash out at a moderator? :-X16

I have my reasons. I have helped hundreds of people in here over the years but all I hear about is what I don't know, what I said, etc.

Stewart_H 08-16-2014 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper (Post 14588021)

Its all good. Like one big family, we're able to laugh together, cry together, disagree with each other, help each other out and even argue a little bit. :-X04

How dull would we be if we all thought the same way, liked the same stuff, and always agreed with each other? :-drink

Stewart

Skip1970 08-16-2014 03:21 PM

well im glad theres a after market just incase i need one someday. thanks for the post.