Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   AE or spare IDM in Seattle? I'll buy dinner and beer. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1319846-ae-or-spare-idm-in-seattle-ill-buy-dinner-and-beer.html)

lemonshindig 06-12-2014 09:05 PM

AE or spare IDM in Seattle? I'll buy dinner and beer.

Does someone near Seattle have AE or a spare IDM I can try out?
I'm about to give up.

Symptoms:
Misfires, won't rev above 2k ish, doesn't build much boost, blows white smoke when you get on it hard. There is no performance chip on this truck.

I've replaced:
All 8 injectors with Rosewood Stage-1
CPS with a new Ford dark gray

I've unplugged the following one at a time, with little to no difference:
EBPV (still unplugged)
ICP
EBP Sensor
MAP Sensor

I've checked the fuel pressure, 50-60 at idle and WOT

I bought Torque Pro for my Android, and this is what I'm seeing while driving. The low value is at idle, the high value is a never-exceeds value at WOT

IPR Duty Cycle 14-35%
HPOP Pressure (Confirmed with gauge) 650-2300psi
Injector Pulsewidth 1.1-1.7 ns
EBP 14.5-21
MAP 14.5-20
Boost (Confirmed with gauge) 0-5 psi

Torque Pro says there's no codes.

All of the common-to-injector pin (2 to 3 and 3 to 4) resistance measurements are dead-on 3.5 ohm.

Logic says that it's not building boost because it's not building EBP because it's not getting enough fuel. However, I am definitely getting white smoke and a misfire when I romp on it, which leads me to believe that the injectors are firing at the wrong time. I replaced the CPS with a new Ford unit and there was no difference.

All I have left is to do a compression test, IDM, and maybe the barometric pressure sensor.

I really want to slap another IDM on there and see what happens. AE would be awesome too, so that I can check Barometric Pressure, TPS (Although not likely the issue), buzz test, CCT, etc.

So if you're within a couple hours of Seattle and you have AE or an IDM, please let me know. I'll buy you dinner.

Thanks
-Matt

Pikachu 06-14-2014 10:11 PM

This *might* work in Torque for you to read barometric pressure:

Long Name: Barometric Pressure Sensor
Short Name: Baro
Min Value: 0.0
Max Value: 30.0
PID: 221442
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: PSI
Equation: (((A*256) + B) / 4.01463133) * 0.145038
OBD Header: C410F1

Add it as a custom PID, then scroll down and hit the test button. If you see a response that starts with something other than 7F, it should be working. It works for me on my early '99, and I found it while trawling through an OBS thread on another forum.

For a buzz and CCT test, you might look into Car Gauge Pro. I don't know how compatibility with OBS is, but if you research it and find it to be compatible, it's only 6 bucks on Google Play Store. It is NOT user friendly at all, but I use it solely for buzz/CCT/KEOE/KOER, etc. tests.