Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Gallery & Picture Display (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum77/)
-   -   New Photo Uploader : A Picture Guide. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1317203-new-photo-uploader-a-picture-guide.html)

petemcl 07-25-2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by maytag906 (Post 14533539)
It's not there.

Hmmm. . . try getting in touch with IB_Jose through a PM using the link on his name at https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1317203-new-photo-uploader-a-picture-guide.html#post14426187

bigdan1979f-250 12-19-2014 09:42 PM

Jose, I'm having trouble uploading photos to my profile or posts from my I phone. It gives me the option to upload to my profile and does not bring in the photos. Also, when attempting to upload to a post, the image link is asking for a URL. Not sure what to do here...

amankarim48 01-30-2015 10:55 PM

good job team.
this activity make this forum attractive and fun place.
so everybody share their stuff and make their his or her profile attractive.

03-F150 05-01-2015 04:32 PM

Tried to insert some pictures today. I tried drag and drop and selecting photo from device. It looks like it is uploading pictures (percentage goes from 0% to 100%), but there are no pictures to choose from.

Please help.

ctubutis 05-02-2015 07:36 AM

Did you push the green Insert button after uploading to actually insert the picture into your post?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...8b5bf6ed65.jpg

harleymsn 09-29-2015 09:05 PM

Is there a problem with the uploader, the resizer does not seem to be working. Even photos that I uploaded to post a month ago, that resized fine then are now displaying to full original size. Some are 3-4X the size of the page.

FordTruckChuck 10-03-2015 12:46 AM

Any Answer??

Originally Posted by harleymsn (Post 15680859)
Is there a problem with the uploader, the resizer does not seem to be working. Even photos that I uploaded to post a month ago, that resized fine then are now displaying to full original size. Some are 3-4X the size of the page.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

harleymsn 10-03-2015 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by FordTruckChuck (Post 15689337)
Does anyone know the answer to this?

I contacted IB Jose, he said that they in the middle of a long fix.

Scndsin 10-13-2015 08:18 AM

Well I guess I'll join the party... :rolleyes:

I've pretty much just rolled with the changes over the years (Disappearing galleries, auto re-sizing, etc). I know just enough to be dangerous.

After 4 pages, I've seen no answer to this... (my reason for posting):

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT (Post 14394482)
...also,we used to be able to select our img cover.i don't see that option any longer either...

(Edit) Just to be clear, The first pic uploaded to an Album is the cover pic. I can not find a way to change that.

And just for a FYI to those who need a manual re-sizer a'la:

Originally Posted by arctic y block (Post 14420060)
.... the boys use it and change all the damn settings. So as for now I have to resize any pic off of it to post here. And I lost the online resizing tool I had bookmarked...

After one of my microshaft updates, I lost the re-size tool in the most common viewer I used. I discovered that "Paint" has a re-size tool. (I don't think it started out with it)

I just use the "open with option" on a highlighted thumb nail, then change "percentage" to "pixel" & start with changing the horizontal value to 1024 & the resulting save will be accepted in FTE's upload value.

Hope that helps with that. Now can someone hep me with my question? :D

P.S. Thanks for all the hard work "Doctor"

Scndsin 10-17-2015 07:37 AM

Bump for cover pic question.

FordTruckChuck 12-06-2015 05:39 AM

Bump............

Behemoth 01-30-2016 08:50 PM

Howdy..........as I've been instructed to post my photographic issues here (due in no small part to a dressing down in a public thread), I'm here to ask what my potential malfunction might be with my ability to post images on the site (and for that matter, use the smileys too).

Contrary to the suggestion of the person that directed me here, I've used the 'new' photo posting method for some time (ie: Page 32, "Let's See the Supercabs), but it has become seemingly dysfunctional in my case. I have used the "insert image" button. I have dragged and dropped images. I have selected on image at a time. I have resized images. I have selected from existing albums (as I have more than one.....because I've used the method before). I have selected from other devices...........all to no avail. And before it is asked, I have clicked on the little green "insert" button, and when I do, the screen vanishes back to my thread with no images inserted. When I select the images, they act like they're loading, but when they complete, and I click on the green "insert" button, absolutely nothing happens. Actually, it's similar to how the smiles don't work. I can see them next to the text window, but when I click upon them, absolutely nothing happens.

So, I have now complied with the request set to me, and have explained myself more thoroughly than the mere "it doesn't work". I haven't a clue why I've had this trouble for so long, but there you have it.....if someone has a clue what has been happening, I welcome the input.

petemcl 01-30-2016 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 15998272)
Howdy..........as I've been instructed to post my photographic issues here (due in no small part to a dressing down in a public thread), I'm here to ask what my potential malfunction might be with my ability to post images on the site (and for that matter, use the smileys too).

Contrary to the suggestion of the person that directed me here, I've used the 'new' photo posting method for some time (ie: Page 32, "Let's See the Supercabs), but it has become seemingly dysfunctional in my case. I have used the "insert image" button. I have dragged and dropped images. I have selected on image at a time. I have resized images. I have selected from existing albums (as I have more than one.....because I've used the method before). I have selected from other devices...........all to no avail. And before it is asked, I have clicked on the little green "insert" button, and when I do, the screen vanishes back to my thread with no images inserted. When I select the images, they act like they're loading, but when they complete, and I click on the green "insert" button, absolutely nothing happens. Actually, it's similar to how the smiles don't work. I can see them next to the text window, but when I click upon them, absolutely nothing happens.

So, I have now complied with the request set to me, and have explained myself more thoroughly than the mere "it doesn't work". I haven't a clue why I've had this trouble for so long, but there you have it.....if someone has a clue what has been happening, I welcome the input.

Sounds like a browser problem. You must be using a Windows computer? What browser are you using? Do you have an ad blocker running?

Behemoth 01-30-2016 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by petemcl (Post 15998353)
Sounds like a browser problem. You must be using a Windows computer? What browser are you using? Do you have an ad blocker running?

You are correct........it's a Windows computer, and while I know it generally invites trouble, am running IE Version 11. I checked, and the browser does have the pop-up blocker active. Would this be the culprit? I don't believe I have any specific ad blocker software running, but do have Kasperski anti-virus that could potentially have that capability. *Update: I checked the Kasperski settings, and the ad and banner pop-up protection isn't active. So, I'm not thinking that is the issue.

petemcl 01-31-2016 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 15998676)
You are correct........it's a Windows computer, and while I know it generally invites trouble, am running IE Version 11. I checked, and the browser does have the pop-up blocker active. Would this be the culprit? I don't believe I have any specific ad blocker software running, but do have Kasperski anti-virus that could potentially have that capability. *Update: I checked the Kasperski settings, and the ad and banner pop-up protection isn't active. So, I'm not thinking that is the issue.

You might want to try downloading Google Chrome just to see if a better browser would help. Beyond that I'm not up on the latest versions of Windows. In 2004 I had the "blue screen of death" one time too many. I switched to Mac and have never regretted it.

If this doesn't work check back. Although this is a Ford Truck forum there are some very talented people on here. Maybe someone else has some better ideas.

Good luck :-X22