Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum39/)
-   -   Pulling the aftermarket a/c (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1305949-pulling-the-aftermarket-a-c.html)

hillcountryflt 03-27-2014 09:25 AM

Pulling the aftermarket a/c

I am going to pull the aftermarket under-dash a/c on my 71 F100. Don't like the looks of it and I can live without it, even here in Texas (hey won't be any hotter than riding my Harley). Plus it gets in the way of somethings under the hood (like properly installing the air breather. Simpler the better in my book.
Are these likely to be components anyone would want, or once the freon has been extracted, should it all go to the trash heap.
And, am I posting too much trivial bs at the early stages of getting my '71 up and going.

NumberDummy 03-27-2014 09:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt (Post 14204167)
I am going to pull the aftermarket :-huh under-dash a/c on my 71 F100. Don't like the looks of it and I can live without it, even here in Texas (hey won't be any hotter than riding my Harley).

Plus it gets in the way of somethings under the hood (like properly installing the air breather. Simpler the better in my book.

Are these likely to be components anyone would want, or once the freon has been extracted, should it all go to the trash heap.

Are you sure it's aftermarket A/C? There were three types of Ford A/C offered for 1968/72 F100/350's, all are "hang-on" units, bezels bolt to the bottom of the dash.

Left upper: Factory installed integral A/C is combined with the heater. The A/C controls are located in the same panel as the heater controls.

The A/C's expansion valve is mounted behind the glove box, so it has a shorter liner. There's another glove box located within the bezel.

Right: Deluxe dealer installed A/C. Two A/C switches located in the bezel that sweeps across the entire underside of the dash.

Left lower: Economy dealer installed A/C. Two A/C switches located in the bezel that mounts at the center under the dash.

hillcountryflt 03-27-2014 10:12 AM

I like those schematics. Makes me miss my parts manuals like I have with my Harley's.
If any of those, it would be the economy after-market, dealer installed one. It does not have Ford on it. Has some other brand name.

NumberDummy 03-27-2014 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt (Post 14204310)
I like those schematics. Makes me miss my parts manuals like I have with my Harley's.

1928 thru 1989 Ford car/truck parts catalogs available on C/D's from hipoparts.com

Pic in post 2 is from the 1964/72 Ford Truck Parts Catalog.

hillcountryflt 03-27-2014 11:37 AM

thanks for the lead. Just ordered the parts catalog.

MIKES 68 F100 03-27-2014 12:58 PM

if it is a ford one you can get some decent $$ for the interior piece and good hoses .

peckman 03-28-2014 06:31 AM

I have a deluxe model I took out of my 68 camper special if anyone is interested just make offer and pay shipping (I don't have anything from under the hood.

MIKES 68 F100 03-28-2014 08:46 AM

Put it on Ebay , I got $175.00 plus shipping for just my interior unit and hoses .