Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   OK the only state without a March/spring is here/end of snow BS thread? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1303236-ok-the-only-state-without-a-march-spring-is-here-end-of-snow-bs-thread.html)

Clay H 03-13-2014 03:18 PM

OK the only state without a March/spring is here/end of snow BS thread?

Just wondering...:-X03

cigarxtc 03-14-2014 06:58 AM

I for one, am done with winter. I've been riding my moto everyday it doesn't snow. It'd be nice to ride it without several layers of clothes to keep me warm.

One of the current projects my boys and I are building are some drift trikes for them. It's basically a big kid/adult version of the plastic bigwheels we had back in the '80s. It uses 20in bmx bike frames and dolly wheels with pvc sleeves to get the back end to drift. It's fun to be working on them when the weekend weather is warm and nice.

Gary Lewis 03-14-2014 08:20 AM

I'm in full agreement - GO AWAY SNOW!!!!

Ron, how 'bout posting some pics of those trikes? I'm curious, but they sound like fun.

Clay H 03-14-2014 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by cigarxtc (Post 14162780)
I for one, am done with winter. I've been riding my moto everyday it doesn't snow. It'd be nice to ride it without several layers of clothes to keep me warm.

One of the current projects my boys and I are building are some drift trikes for them. It's basically a big kid/adult version of the plastic bigwheels we had back in the '80s. It uses 20in bmx bike frames and dolly wheels with pvc sleeves to get the back end to drift. It's fun to be working on them when the weekend weather is warm and nice.

That sound very interesting.

Oh and screw the cold and snow! :D

kermmydog 03-14-2014 04:17 PM

In the 80s here today.

Gary Lewis 03-14-2014 05:27 PM

We are going to get rain tomorrow. Eat your heart out! :p

cigarxtc 03-14-2014 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 14162995)
I'm in full agreement - GO AWAY SNOW!!!!

Ron, how 'bout posting some pics of those trikes? I'm curious, but they sound like fun.

Gary, I hope to. If they work then definitely. I may even be testing them out on some of the access roads on Skiatook Lake. I'll call ya to see if you wanna come watch or participate. :D I'll be driving pretty close by your house on the way to those roads.

Gary Lewis 03-14-2014 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by cigarxtc (Post 14164891)
Gary, I hope to. If they work then definitely. I may even be testing them out on some of the access roads on Skiatook Lake. I'll call ya to see if you wanna come watch or participate. :D I'll be driving pretty close by your house on the way to those roads.

Sounds like a plan.

cigarxtc 03-21-2014 06:54 PM

Wow. Somethings goin on in Owasso.

On the nextdoor.com community website someone in my neighborhood posted this:
"Does anyone know what was going on last night about 7:30 at 99th & 107th with 3 Tulsa County Sheriff's that appeared to be searching a truck? Just wondering if we should be concerned. Thanks! "

Now on that note, i noticed that for the last 8 days in a row Tulsa County Sherriff suvs have been camping at the front drive to the Smith Farm home. It's a different vehicle each day, and someone sits in the drivers seat the whole time their suv is there.

Something is brewing. I'd sure like to know what the stakeout is for, if my family or neighborhood might be in danger, etc......

Anyone have a clue?

Gary Lewis 03-21-2014 09:15 PM

Ok, let's make it official - I have no clue. (I know it's been said before.). But I'd sure like to know as well.

Gary Lewis 03-22-2014 07:54 AM

Just read today's forecast - rain and snow tonight & 55% chance. :-hair

cigarxtc 03-22-2014 10:09 AM

eh. it's sunny and mostly clear skies right now. i see a 20% chance. For me that means it wont rain here in Owasso. :D

I get to play plumber and replace our worn master bathroom sink today. A hole wore thru the porcelain and steel. I hate playing plumber, but at least this should be a painless remove and replace job.

kermmydog 03-22-2014 11:44 PM

Evening Oklahoma.

Gary Lewis 03-23-2014 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by kermmydog (Post 14189976)
Evening Oklahoma.

Well, the sun IS on the horizon, but that looks east to me. Must be morning here in Okiehoma. ;)

Clay H 03-24-2014 11:41 AM

Good afternoon all. A beautiful spring day today! :-jammin