Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Billet Wheel and maintenance (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1302149-billet-wheel-and-maintenance.html)

StickNString2 03-08-2014 02:02 AM

Billet Wheel and maintenance

So I finally got around to fixing my exhaust and boost leaks. After placing an order with Clay I started my tear down. Removed intake,turbo,intercooler pipes and hoses,pedestal, and old up pipes. Installed bellowed up pipes I got from work ( perks of working at a international dealership). I painted them and my new turbo outlet with high temp paint. Installed my new non ebpv pedistal and outlet. Painted both intercooler pipes and intake to match my two tone. Installed Clay's new billet wheel and mounted everything back with new boots. After an oil change and some slow drives checking for leaks. I can say I'm happy with the repair and all is ok. Before at wot I could only get 16-17psi of boost. Now I'm seeing 21-22psi of boost. Still running stock without tunes just 4" exhaust and 6637 filter. Personally I have to say this wheel is much louder than stock. Builds boost quicker and doesn't seem a sluggish. Will have to see what it's like with a load behind next. Almost forgot also installed plenum inserts as well. Thanks to RiffRaff Diesel for fast shipping and great products. Will post pics soon.

stinson 108-1 03-08-2014 06:13 AM

Nice job. Now I have to ask. Is the IH dealership you work for, a new source for discounted parts for our group here? :-jammin

StickNString2 03-08-2014 09:08 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but my boss on the other hand. :-X19

River19 03-08-2014 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by StickNString2 (Post 14144167)
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but my boss on the other hand. :-X19

Well, most bosses just need to see numbers.....so if retail is retail and your discount is say 30%.....then an FTE deal for like 15-20% off might be pretty solid.....

He can either get 80-85% of retail and make some margin on the ones FTE folks buy or get 0% on the ones we buy elsewhere.....just sayin' :D

StickNString2 03-08-2014 05:30 PM

Sales yes. But at my cost for the masses, would raise flags and get me in trouble. Honestly our pricing for anyone isn't any better than what the supporters of this sight are. And for 14 years of service one good deal is the least they could do for me.

River19 03-08-2014 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by StickNString2 (Post 14145259)
Sales yes. But at my cost for the masses, would raise flags and get me in trouble. Honestly our pricing for anyone isn't any better than what the supporters of this sight are. And for 14 years of service one good deal is the least they could do for me.

:-X22 Got it......glad it worked out for you on a good deal.

Bonanza35 03-08-2014 06:40 PM

Just to ask, what intake are you running? Is it stock also? Like to compare apples to apples for the noise difference.

StickNString2 03-13-2014 08:09 AM

Intake wise I'm running stock plumbing with a 6637 air filter. Everything else is stock (spider,etc.) the whistle really doesn't bother me, but towing a load you know it's there.