Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   February thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1295119-february-thread.html)

jr32560 02-02-2014 08:22 AM

February thread

welll it's that time again

IB Tim 02-02-2014 11:42 AM

Good morning Maryland folks...have a Super Sunday!

OneTon350 02-03-2014 06:04 AM

6 more weeks of winter according to Phil.
Todays weather is holding to it.

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-03-2014 04:38 PM

Afternoon Bud, JR, George, Charlie, Shaun, Christian and Alisa

-The Great

BPofMD 02-03-2014 04:49 PM

Penny's hip replacement today went great! She was already up sitting in the chair beside her bed when I left this afternoon!

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-03-2014 04:50 PM

Its monday.... the day after the last football game of the year....so

205 days until college football season starts!!!!

-The Great

Greywolf 02-03-2014 06:53 PM

Did J.F.Kennedy High School ever open back up? (for those of you around the Glenmont/Silver Spring area)

That's where I went to school back in the seventies, and last time I was up there it was surrounded by a chain-link fence while they apparently rebuilt the place...

Also - if any of you go to the botanical gardens on Glenallen road, I could see on google maps satellite view that they have made some massive changes to it. I would love to see any pics you might want to post up of that place, and Wheaton Regional Park as well.

I used to go fishing at that lake every chance I got, and hiked past it every morning on my way to E. Brook Lee JHS

IN FACT...

If I can instigate a G2G by long distance, BOTH of those would be great places to gather!

jr32560 02-04-2014 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by BPofMD (Post 14028110)
Penny's hip replacement today went great! She was already up sitting in the chair beside her bed when I left this afternoon!

glad to hear that that was number 2 right?
tell her I send hugs :)

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-05-2014 03:36 AM

Evening JR, Bud, CHarlie, Shaun, George, Christian and Alisa

-The Great

BPofMD 02-05-2014 04:28 PM

Yes Jr... she is truly bionic now. 2 titanium legs .... by June she should be running 40MPH!!

I'll tell her....thanks!

tiny1 02-06-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BPofMD (Post 14028110)

That is great news and wishes for a speedy recovery.

and morning everyone, hope that your Thursday is going well. Sun is out and everyone is in the process of digging out from the 16" of snow that fell over the last day.

BPofMD 02-06-2014 02:40 PM

Brought her home today!! First thing she did was look around the house to see if I changed anything..... then proceeded to give orders! I'm bushed already! Wonder if the hospital would take her back??????

Greywolf 02-06-2014 02:59 PM

You're lucky - I've been getting project priorities overrun lately by the exigencies of the winter ice storm we are going through.

I have about a metric tonne or so of maple tree to cut up (once the ice melts off it) in my front yard - that narrowly missed cleaning off my front porch, and about another ton of Pecan tree out in the back that crashed to the ground without my noticing. The forecast is for more "ARCTIC" conditions :-roll *The news services choice of phrase, not mine... over the next few days, and yet more precipitation in unpredictable forms.

Possibly snow, maybe freezing rain that will add to the tons of overburden already weighing down the trees hereabouts, or any of a many I can think of but choose not to - what happens will.

I'm glad I cut back as many trees and such around my place as I did earlier last year. The maple falling I didn't expect, since it is a hardwood tree more habituated to much more northern climates.

But think of all of the excellent firewood it will yield! Besides burning long, with little smoke, and harvested at a time of rear when the sap is DOWN - it imparts such a wonderful flavor when used for smoking :-X22

Not that it doesn't STILL SUCK!

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-06-2014 03:17 PM

Afternoon Bud, JR, George, SHaun, Charlie, Christian and ALisa

-The Great

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-06-2014 03:18 PM

Well...we got 7" of SNOW yesterday, and today we have a high of 7*.... hope you guys are staying warmer than us!!!

-The Great