Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   N. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum90/)
-   -   February 2014 all topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1294871-february-2014-all-topic-thread.html)

hanklin 02-06-2014 06:42 PM

Geez if you look outside it kinda resembles winter

FI460 02-07-2014 12:55 AM

It snowed sideways in Weed today. Then the snow quit and the wind stayed and blew all the snow away...

hanklin 02-07-2014 05:46 AM

sounds like the beginning of a poem or a rhyme or something. Too early to get my wits

FI460 02-07-2014 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by hanklin (Post 14041351)
sounds like the beginning of a poem or a rhyme or something. Too early to get my wits

My Weed, Ca poem:

It is a dark dismal place,
Here it snow sideways.

If bakersfield is the butt of California,
Weed must be something simila?

Idk, poetry isnt my thing. Point being, Weed is awful.

Nighteyez 02-07-2014 10:49 AM

TGIF Nor Cal FTE and friends. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jim

Diesel4Tom 02-07-2014 11:28 AM

More Regulations?

Okay, Guys ... I have a question about what might be a ... rumor ... :-blah

Is the State of California gonna require additional smog-fighting (what-ever) equipment on diesel vehicles, starting next year (2015)? Or, when, - if at all?

I'm "jonesin'" for a diesel P/U in the next year (or so) and, depending on what Big Sister-California-Gummint makes me deal with, may or may-not buy one here.
I couldn't find an actual "discussion" about this on here, so maybe I'm either looking in the wrong place, or there isn't one - OR (hopefully! :-huh) it's nothing more than a big rumor.
Whaddya-all have to say?

Thanks --- D4Tom :-jammin Hook 'em!

FI460 02-07-2014 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel4Tom (Post 14042270)
Okay, Guys ... I have a question about what might be a ... rumor ... :-blah

Is the State of California gonna require additional smog-fighting (what-ever) equipment on diesel vehicles, starting next year (2015)? Or, when, - if at all?

I'm "jonesin'" for a diesel P/U in the next year (or so) and, depending on what Big Sister-California-Gummint makes me deal with, may or may-not buy one here.
I couldn't find an actual "discussion" about this on here, so maybe I'm either looking in the wrong place, or there isn't one - OR (hopefully! :-huh) it's nothing more than a big rumor.
Whaddya-all have to say?

Thanks --- D4Tom :-jammin Hook 'em!

I'm not aware of any new legislation for light duty truck emissions. I highly doubt if they did required stricter standards they would force people to retrofit their rigs anyway. Maybe in the medium duty market, but not the light duty.

Diesel4Tom 02-07-2014 11:53 AM

Th' Rumor Mill ...

Originally Posted by FI460 (Post 14042313)
I'm not aware of any new legislation for light duty truck emissions. I highly doubt if they did required stricter standards they would force people to retrofit their rigs anyway. Maybe in the medium duty market, but not the light duty.

Many Thanks, FI ... I'm gonna have to go back to hunting for a good P/U then! Kinda slacked-off my search, because I couldn't find the "official" word ...
I appreciate the information!

That is/was one of my concerns - retrofitting - I think it would be a real hassle, and a bureaucratic nightmare ... But, that's just me.

Tom

FI460 02-07-2014 01:22 PM

I'm no expert but I spend a lot of time online, so dont take my word as fact. But retrofitting isnt something I would expect to see happen. It would be huge issue just implementing it, let alone enforcing it.

Up here we dont have emissions testing, but I dont think they put sniffers on any diesels, even in the Bay. It's just a visual inspection to make sure stuff that is there is supposed to be there, and to make sure the truck doesnt smoke excessively.

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-07-2014 02:41 PM

AFternoon Hank, Rick and Jim

-THe Great

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-07-2014 02:42 PM

Last day of the week.... everyone enjoy their weekend!!!!

-The Great

CLINT-THE-GREAT 02-07-2014 02:42 PM

Fortunately only Chicagoland and STL-land only have emmisions testing in IL. everywhere else is free to do as you please

-The Great

FI460 02-07-2014 03:38 PM

California has universal testing, but it's dependent on your county rating. Up here we only have to smog test once, when you initially register the vehicle. Some counties have to do it every other year, and the strict ones are yearly.

Diesel rigs 98+ and gassers 75+ (I think).

Nighteyez 02-07-2014 05:48 PM

Our county is every other year. Thankfully the Bronco and F350 were done last year. :)

Jim

IB Tim 02-09-2014 10:19 AM

Good morning, California folks...enjoy your Sunday.