Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   What have happend to Dennis Carpenter? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1293387-what-have-happend-to-dennis-carpenter.html)

jimcar-9 01-24-2014 02:02 PM

What have happend to Dennis Carpenter?

Hi guys

Whats up with Dennis carpenter, science they released the new webpage I can barley find anything that I am looking for....... and the number of parts up for sale for the mid fifties truck are few to say the least, I am looking for the brake pedal to braked bushing but can only find the clutch axle to braket bushings.....

Have they been making cutbacks when it comes to number of part available to our trucks or am I just poor in searching (as my wife always remineds me off)

looks like IŽll go for midfifties despite its closer to dennis carpenter from the place (AtlasCopco factory, Fort Loudon) I will ship the parts to.....??

Strange I liked Dennis C erlier.......to bad

NumberDummy 01-24-2014 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Call DC @ 800-476-9653 and order a 1948/56 truck repro parts catalog...it's free.

Outside the US: 704-786-8139 ~ dennis-carpenter.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1948/56 Ford Truck Parts Catalog available on a C/D from hipoparts.com

TAAA-2461-A .. Brake Pedal Bushing-1.7" long ~ 1953/56 trucks.

EDIT: Assuming this is the bushing you want, I have DC's catalog, do not see it listed.

Dunno if Mid-Fifty has it, but there's one available NOS (New Old Stock) at TISON MOTOR CO. in Estill South Carolina: 803-625-2551.

Lower pic: Here's the 1953/56 brake & clutch pedal exploded view. Bushing shown as 2461.

jimcar-9 01-24-2014 02:18 PM

I have it in pdf. 2012. But a lot of parts from that catalog has dissapeard on the new webpage, it more flashy but close to useless (time consuming) to shop on?

ALBUQ F-1 01-24-2014 04:47 PM

I hope that's not the case, because Mid-fifties gets most of their stuff from DC. I don't think they make a thing themselves.

I went to get a brake pedal return spring and there are none to be found. Everyone is quoting 3 months til a new batch comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if they are dropping low volume/low profit items. BTW I got the exact spring at the hardware store for $3.50, everyone wants $5+ online....

bobj49f2 01-24-2014 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 (Post 13993126)
I hope that's not the case, because Mid-fifties gets most of their stuff from DC. I don't think they make a thing themselves.

I went to get a brake pedal return spring and there are none to be found. Everyone is quoting 3 months til a new batch comes in. I wouldn't be surprised if they are dropping low volume/low profit items. BTW I got the exact spring at the hardware store for $3.50, everyone wants $5+ online....

Ross, I was going to mention a lot of the generic parts, like springs, can be found at the hardware store or any of the McParts stores, just don't ask the guy behind the counter, you have to look on the peg board in the aisles. If it's not on their computer they won't help. I just went in for an accelerator spring for the F-2 and I made the mistake of telling the counter guy what I was looking when he asked, just before I got to the aisle where the generic parts were hung. He looked it up on his computer and told me they didn't have any. I thanked him and continued to the aisle and picked a package off of the hook.

19fifty4 01-25-2014 09:20 AM

I don't shop the website since DC is local for me. Next time I'm out there I'll mention the website concerns.

Doc 01-25-2014 09:29 AM

About a year or two ago, I called DC to order something. In the process of asking a simple question about the item (I think I was asking if they came in pairs, separate, etc.), I said something like "Yeah, it's on page 23 of your catalog." Immediately, and without hesitation, the lady got really hateful and smart and said "Sir, I don't have a catalog. You need to give me the item number." I said "So, let me get this right. You're working the catalog order line, but you guys literally don't have a catalog there?" She snapped back and said "No, sir. Do you have your item numbers?". I said thanks and hung up the phone.

AXracer 01-25-2014 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 13995251)
About a year or two ago, I called DC to order something. In the process of asking a simple question about the item (I think I was asking if they came in pairs, separate, etc.), I said something like "Yeah, it's on page 23 of your catalog." Immediately, and without hesitation, the lady got really hateful and smart and said "Sir, I don't have a catalog. You need to give me the item number." I said "So, let me get this right. You're working the catalog order line, but you guys literally don't have a catalog there?" She snapped back and said "No, sir. Do you have your item numbers?". I said thanks and hung up the phone.

Some companies use a sales order fulfillment service, The person on the phone does not actually work for the company but may be serving several companies at the same time. Some prisons actually contract out this service using prisoner labor. When you call in the switchboard pulls up the proper order form based on the number called, the operator simply fills out the information, they may know absolutely nothing about what you are ordering except where to put the stock number of the item.

49f3dls 01-25-2014 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 13995251)

Doc- you don't really expect good old customer service from a company anymore do you? You're not dealing with a country Doc that may actually care about what he does. You are calling someone that probably doesn't give a rats A$$ about the company they work for they just want to put in their time get a check and go home. I finally gave up trying to keep a forty person clerical/data entry staff that had to deal with magazine subscriptions and be decent to the publisher's staff not even the subscribers!! It just was impossible to find people that cared even when I was paying higher than average wages.

Branded 01-25-2014 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by AXracer (Post 13995607)
Some companies use a sales order fulfillment service, The person on the phone does not actually work for the company but may be serving several companies at the same time. Some prisons actually contract out this service using prisoner labor. When you call in the switchboard pulls up the proper order form based on the number called, the operator simply fills out the information, they may know absolutely nothing about what you are ordering except where to put the stock number of the item.

Now thats scary, a prison inmate takes my order and then asks me for my credit card number ??? :( All I can say is just WOW!!! Another reason to pay with Pay Pal.

Doc 01-25-2014 12:41 PM

These companies are only as good as the person answering the phone.

jimcar-9 01-25-2014 12:47 PM

My problem is that I cant find there new online catalog (pdf) so that I can get some schematic pictures on where the parts I want based on location. In the webshop I need a name to search for and if the part excist I might be able to find it but some parts from 2012 catalog dont seems to be available any longer.

As I said erlier flashy web page but the old one was easier to locate and shop on. Maybe it just me getting old.... 34 years...

the midfifty webstore is like heaven when it comes to locate the wanted parts, and the catalog page with schematic pictures is just a mouseclick away.

By the way I sent a question asking what manufaturer they have for the front inner and outer weelbearing inc races. The answere I got wa: our computer system says all are from US exept one bearing thats from India.
I kind of wants the bearing and races from the same manufacturer and preferably from a known reputable one.

Any suggestion on places that sell timken bearings "complete"?

tinman52 01-25-2014 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by jimcar-9 (Post 13995771)
I kind of wants the bearing and races from the same manufacturer and preferably from a known reputable one.

Any suggestion on places that sell timken bearings "complete"?

Might try these guys, This is where I get USA throw out bearings and stuff for the farm. Dunno if they will ship to you though...

Bearings Distributor | Bearings: Ball, Linear & Roller Bearings | Applied Industrial Technologies | Applied.com

jimcar-9 01-26-2014 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by tinman52 (Post 13995929)
Might try these guys, This is where I get USA throw out bearings and stuff for the farm. Dunno if they will ship to you though...

Bearings Distributor | Bearings: Ball, Linear & Roller Bearings | Applied Industrial Technologies | Applied.com

Thanks !!

I actually found all the bearings on an Ebay store for about a Third of the price I was quoted by SKF here in Sweden. And yes that was for the exact same bearings. So I will probably order them there and have them shipped to a collegue of mine in the states that can take care of the shippment to Sweden.

However it feels awkward to order Swedish bearing on ebay for a fraction of the cost and then have them shipped around the world and still earn about $265 on the deal comparing to buy the over the counter here in sweden.......??

ALBUQ F-1 01-26-2014 01:28 PM

Other than the large industrial bearings, I doubt SKF makes anything in Sweden any more. I'd bet what you get out of the US is made in Mexico, Taiwan, or China. If it's Timken it will still be OK.