Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum243/)
-   -   2013 Ford Raptor - Sync is erratic (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1292915-2013-ford-raptor-sync-is-erratic.html)

RobNeville 01-22-2014 07:01 AM

2013 Ford Raptor - Sync is erratic

The Sync system in my Raptor has never consistently worked. I have taken it in to the dealership, done the Master Reset etc. It still totally turns off sometimes while I'm driving, doesn't connect to my Iphone 5 consistently. When it does connect and I make a call, I have to wait 2-3 minutes after the call before Sync "disconnects" from the call. It still shows it as connected and you can see the time of the call continuing to tick away as if I'm still on the call. I'm having to manually turn my bluetooth off sometimes to make it disconnect.
I don't know if the software is up to date. Don't know where I would look to find that out.
Anyone know what to do?

cparks 01-22-2014 06:28 PM

owner.ford.com is a site you can check if you have latest version.

FordIVTteam 01-23-2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by RobNeville (Post 13982832)
The Sync system in my Raptor has never consistently worked. I have taken it in to the dealership, done the Master Reset etc. It still totally turns off sometimes while I'm driving, doesn't connect to my Iphone 5 consistently. When it does connect and I make a call, I have to wait 2-3 minutes after the call before Sync "disconnects" from the call. It still shows it as connected and you can see the time of the call continuing to tick away as if I'm still on the call. I'm having to manually turn my bluetooth off sometimes to make it disconnect. ...

Hi RobNeville,

Please PM your VIN and I can check for any applicable software updates.

Antonio

powerstrokejunkie444 01-23-2014 07:24 PM

I work for a ford dealership and know they came out with a addition reprogram that takes like 20 mins to do and I believe there is a tsb for the new iphone's not working with the sync system.

Komarh 05-14-2014 07:20 AM

inside ford man :D

jdadamsjr 05-14-2014 12:34 PM

all sync's, imho, have issues - both my 2013's do - i won't buy another - and I've had fords for 30 years

PancakeF150 07-15-2014 08:52 PM

I've had my Raptor/Sync for 3 years and I don't have that many problems but the only problems I've had had to do with the iPhone and no other phones I've owned. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates products don't work well together.

David1986 07-22-2014 08:53 PM

My 13 Raptor Sync is terrible! Been to the dealer numerous times with no solution. Start the truck it will connect and play my iTunes for awhile, then the sound will go dead. Sync states it's connected and playing. It's even counting down the playing time, just no sound. Turn truck off, it will start playing again.

My C-Max works Great! Just not in my Raptor…...