Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   Caswell County Political BS (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1278108-caswell-county-political-bs.html)

lilmatt119 11-07-2013 08:24 PM

Caswell County Political BS

This may not be appropriate, but if the board of commissioners of Caswell tries to infringe on one freedom, no telling where they'll go or which county will be next.

County to seek injunction against shooting range - The Caswell Messenger: News

The range in question is called Freedom Range. You can find it's page on facebook. I'm a friend of the owner and have been there a few times myself. It is a safe place, the owner knows well what she's doing. This whole situation is a bunch of BS from some liberal who doesn't understand the word Freedom. If anyone is in the area, I'll be at the meeting on the 18th in Yanceyville at the Historic Courthouse supporting Mrs. Crystal Mann and the Freedom Range. Just thought some of y'all would at least appreciate the heads up and may even be interested in attending the meeting. Sorry if it is not appropriate.

ncheavymetal 11-08-2013 09:29 AM

I think the subject is fine as long as members don't start spouting off ugly rhetoric and it's kept civil.

I read the article.

It seems there is a misunderstanding of the word range. If it's private property, and within the given limits of your county's dwelling law, then the property owners and their guests should be able to shoot and hunt at their discretion.

If he has opened his land for the general public to come shoot at his "range" then there are certain laws and limitations he needs to meet in order to deem it a "range."

Sounds like if he just complied with the local laws he should be able to continue to operate his "range."

Either that or stop calling it a range, make sure it's not within dwelling limits and fire away.

In our county you can't legally shoot within a certain distance of another dwelling that's not on your property unless you meet certain safety requirements. And will sometimes require the other property owner to consent as well.

Hope they don't shut your friend down. Keep us posted.

lilmatt119 11-09-2013 11:04 PM

It's not exactly open to public. It's the range she uses for classes, and she has set days where she opens it for practice and all. Signs are posted, safety is heavily enforced, barriers have been made and are used, so on and so forth. There is a backstory to this issue as well, which I will add later, just got a tow call haha

lilmatt119 11-10-2013 04:49 AM

Ok, so, the complaintants actually hunt, themselves. Apparently they had tried to convince the owner of the property the "range" is on to rent the land to them out from under my friend, as the neighbors wanted to do guided hunts on it. It's slowly shaping out to be a Salem Witch Trial. However, I believe the neighbor has truly stumbled into a yellow jacket's nest. I have counted at least 10 others, not counting myself or the "range" operator, planning to be at the next meeting haha

fuzzy1626 11-23-2013 07:38 AM

Any update on this, Matt?

lilmatt119 11-25-2013 07:30 PM

Yes, actually. Went to the meeting last Monday, along with about 10 or 12 others, not counting the accused and her husband. Crystal spoke and so did one of the supporters. Interesting part is that the board made no decisions on it and it wasn't even on the agenda. They talked big and then realized they got themselves in trouble, in my opinion. I believe Crystal is supposed to have a couple meetings with the county attorney, but I doubt anything else will come of it. There's nothing they can really do, and the sheriff's dept has three reports from different deputies all stating no unsafe situations.

fuzzy1626 11-26-2013 05:55 AM

Ok then,:-X22:-X22:-X22

ncheavymetal 11-26-2013 09:26 AM

From the way it sounds turned out to be a non-issue. Hope they can keep shooting without further hassle.