Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Built a small obstacle course (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1275938-built-a-small-obstacle-course.html)

blackkawi400 10-28-2013 08:29 AM

Built a small obstacle course

Here at work, we have several small Military groups out over the course of a year for training and they asked for some logs and things to do PT. Well my co-worker and I decided we should build a small obstacle course for them.

everything was donated except the metal, which was from a recycling plant and cost us $300.

The tractor tires came from okie pete, a member on here (big thanks!!) with the county shed providing the road grader tires. All the small tires are from the last three years off my car. haha.

Overall, took us about 3-4 days, lots of welding on my part and a little thought and it turned out decent for a start. We'll expand as we can.

You'll notice nothing is in the ground and it's all on the surface. This was because we are on native rented land and we can't put in permanent structures. (which is also why we don't have high walls and ropes and all the other stuff you would normally see at an obstacle course)

anyway, here's a vid of my co-worker (who is 51years old and a retired navy seal) "running" the course. HAHA.

Scoundrel 10-28-2013 12:05 PM

Wow, pretty good setup with comprised of almost entirely donated materials.

slimbo13 10-28-2013 12:31 PM

looks like it could even be useful for some high schools sports training

Stewart_H 10-28-2013 12:47 PM

Very cool!

Stewart

rollerstud98 10-28-2013 03:46 PM

Pretty cool alright, I bet your friend used to be able to do something like that a lot quicker with no second efforts.

blackkawi400 10-28-2013 06:45 PM

If you run it a few times in a row, or run it, then go jog/run for 10-15 and come back and run it again, it'll definitely make you feel it. I'm about 20lbs overweight and I've started doing it before work, at lunch and after work every day, so we'll see if I get any results in a few months.

slimbo13 10-30-2013 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by blackkawi400 (Post 13677498)
I've started doing it before work, at lunch and after work every day, so we'll see if I get any results in a few months.

i was wondering if you're using a stop watch and tracking your times

Scoundrel 10-30-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by blackkawi400 (Post 13677498)
If you run it a few times in a row, or run it, then go jog/run for 10-15 and come back and run it again, it'll definitely make you feel it. I'm about 20lbs overweight and I've started doing it before work, at lunch and after work every day, so we'll see if I get any results in a few months.

I could see that course burning off the extra weight pretty quickly, doing it 3 times a day. Kudos

blackkawi400 10-30-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by slimbo13 (Post 13683586)
i was wondering if you're using a stop watch and tracking your times

Me and the other guy do track our times now and then. We usually complete it around 2:20. 2 mins flat is a pretty quick time and we've both come close.

We each ran it 3 times in a row without stopping and we were both pretty wore out by the time we were done.

56fordfella 10-30-2013 05:09 PM

Congratulations to both of you. My son works with a guy that "claims" to be a "former" Seal. Son said, very over weight poor work ethic ECT. Showed him a true can do Seal attitude with your video.