Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Could Use Some Advice (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1266994-could-use-some-advice.html)

GamerGirlAlice 09-10-2013 09:32 PM

Could Use Some Advice

well found out from my lawyer im probably not getting 25k like he thought. turns out the dr barely touched me because of pre-existing back damage. so because of that ill be lucky to get less then 5k. not trying to sound greedy but now i can't pay off all the bills i wanted. if i could of paid off the bills would given me a extra $375 a month in spare money.

as for getting a excursion or keeping my 71 f250. it all depends on my mechanic if the little i get will be enough to make 100 payments till i pay it off. or if i should fix my f250's fuel system, replace column, add a/c, and a radio.

to top everything off found out i probably can never get a security or flag car career. just seams i can't win.

just like some advice which way id be better off doing. fixing my 1971 f250 that gets 2-8mpg or trading up to a excursion i can get 15-18mpg regularly with.

Gary Lewis 09-11-2013 07:26 AM

Why are the only options those two? They seem so extreme - an old truck that gets awful MPG, or a newer huge truck that gets poor MPG. No chance for a used late model F150?

GamerGirlAlice 09-11-2013 05:32 PM

well was really hoping to get a excursion diesel so i can secure my chair. this morning i was surfing cl and found a free truck cap, pounced on that lol. i was willing to finance a excursion because was enclosed. why invest in another 3/4 ton truck if i have one paid off and known what's good on it. i need heavy duty suspension to carry my heavy wheelchair hence shy i need a 3/4 or `1 ton. hard enough to even find a hd hoist to get it in the back.

Gary Lewis 09-11-2013 09:41 PM

Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck.

GamerGirlAlice 09-13-2013 02:49 AM

well i had a big day with a few surprises, some good, others not so good.

at 6:30a i went to lowes am bought 6x 3" clamps and 2x 1x2x8 so i can clamp on my cap to 71 f250 gauge showed had 1/4 tank so went to car wash. car wash crushed some of the cap and then on way home truck died. i was out gas, apparently the gauge broke. so was stranded in turn lane. hobbled across the road n fell in a field. called aaa from a whataburger then got back to truck to find cop. cop nicely pushed car off the street to parking lot. then sat there for 3 hours waiting sitting on my tailgate. heat got to me and i passed out and fell off and face planted the payment. then i hobbled across the road again with my bad back and feel down in center lane. got up got back to whataburger n called aaa again. they got aaa driver to pick me up n take me back to truck. turns out delay wasn't drivers fault. was told i was 3 miles away where i was. he put gas in tank and pored some in carb then fired right up. i went home and took a nap after thanking aaa driver.

later that day i called my mechanic. and he said we can figure something out to get me a psd excursion. i was really surprised to be honest. i think my mechanic cares about my health. he said my earlier day was bad. he doesn't like the idea of me being stranded with no ac and being allergic to the sun. so guss day started bad but ended on a high note. and ill be able to get my diesel excursion with tinted windows and ac for my bad health

but thought i'd let everyone know my dilemma seems to be working out.

Gary Lewis 09-13-2013 09:26 AM

Alice - Sorry to hear about your bad day. But, I'm happy that you may be getting an Excursion. Good deal!

GamerGirlAlice 09-14-2013 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Lewis (Post 13529699)
Alice - Sorry to hear about your bad day. But, I'm happy that you may be getting an Excursion. Good deal!

thanks for showing concern. sometimes i think either i am or "Brynhildr" my 71 F250 is cursed. love the classic but since i am only allowed to own 1 vehicle i need something more reliable. i think my mechanic agrees. he said id be better off owning something like a suburban to get my chair out weather. i told him id like to get the excursion for extra hd suspension. plus a psd will give me lots of power. i want to build a tiny house trailer one day. its a small house built on a 20' trailer out of wood. i'm looking at doing a Tumbleweed Cypress 20. something like this be way easier to pull with an diesel. but main thing is i need a modern solar tint, regular tint, and air conditioning for me to stay healthy. or i have bad days like when i passed out.

my dr says if migraine don't go away i need to go to er after 24hrs. and if its not gone by 10am today i may go to er, that will be 48hrs.