Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Questions about new truck.. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1265853-questions-about-new-truck.html)

sammy77 09-05-2013 09:23 AM

Questions about new truck..

A couple questions I have about my truck. I'm still new to the F150, so please bear with me.

First, my truck has an Ecoboost and I have a slight stumble/hesitation when you start the truck cold. It clears up within 10 seconds and doesn't seem to affect drivability whatsoever. Anyone here experiencing this with their Ecoboost?

Second, it seems that only my driver side mirror has the "dimming feature" to it. Is this normal?

Thank you for the help.

Buck 1 09-05-2013 03:04 PM

As far as I know, there is no dimming feature in any outside mirrors..................

Ecoboost97 09-05-2013 03:56 PM

My f150 Ecoboost only has the dimming mirror on the driver side. So your good on that :-X22And I'm almost positive that is just how they start but don't quote me on that.

bigdaddyII 09-05-2013 05:12 PM

My 5.0 does the same thing on cold starts. Also only have the dimming on the drivers mirror.

sammy77 09-05-2013 07:41 PM

Thank you. I don't know why but that passenger mirror drives me nuts... Lol

Tom 09-05-2013 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by sammy77 (Post 13503965)
First, my truck has an Ecoboost and I have a slight stumble/hesitation when you start the truck cold. It clears up within 10 seconds and doesn't seem to affect drivability whatsoever. Anyone here experiencing this with their Ecoboost?

Yup! Mine just spent three days at the dealer for them to track this issue down. In the end they told me that it was normal. Otherwise the truck drives fantastic, so I have no reason to doubt them.

Second, it seems that only my driver side mirror has the "dimming feature" to it. Is this normal?
Yup, that's perfectly normal. Only the driver's side mirror does that. Of course those of us with the towing mirrors don't get that.

sammy77 09-05-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy001 (Post 13505467)
Yup! Mine just spent three days at the dealer for them to track this issue down. In the end they told me that it was normal. Otherwise the truck drives fantastic, so I have no reason to doubt them.

Yup, that's perfectly normal. Only the driver's side mirror does that. Of course those of us with the towing mirrors don't get that.

I'll trade you mirrors anytime... Just let me know where to send your new ones..

Ecoboost97 09-06-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by sammy77 (Post 13505432)
Thank you. I don't know why but that passenger mirror drives me nuts... Lol

Yeah Mine makes me crazy too. But because it does not have the fish eye mirror on the passenger side. I just want the towing mirrors but they are 535 dollars.

sammy77 09-06-2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ecoboost97 (Post 13507408)
Yeah Mine makes me crazy too. But because it does not have the fish eye mirror on the passenger side. I just want the towing mirrors but they are 535 dollars.

Someone here mentioned them being $400 from Ford. They are way cheaper on eBay.

Ecoboost97 09-06-2013 01:03 PM

Are they OEM on eBay? Plus I want one with painted caps to match my paint. But I don't think they come painted so that's more money too. Ill have to look it up on eBay. But I would be willing to trade someone who does not need towing mirrors.

sammy77 09-06-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ecoboost97 (Post 13507794)
Are they OEM on eBay? Plus I want one with painted caps to match my paint. But I don't think they come painted so that's more money too. Ill have to look it up on eBay. But I would be willing to trade someone who does not need towing mirrors.

The ones on eBay looked oem but who knows. I'll be buying mine from the dealer when the time comes. The only question is, do you have to cut and splice the harness to get everything to work? Lights, defrost, power fold..

Ecoboost97 09-06-2013 03:01 PM

That's a good question. I was hopping they would use the same electrical and switch as before. But my dad has a F450 king ranch and I know on his power fold mirrors he has an additional switch to extend the mirrors out and in. As for folding them I know it uses a similar looking switch to the one that is in my truck. I don't know if its the same one or if its slightly different

johnday 09-07-2013 05:30 AM

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you guys know the auto dim on the left mirror even works? I've never seen my dim, and have never seen any difference when the butt breathe behind me doesn't have the intelligence to turn his highbeams down.:-drink:-drink

sammy77 09-07-2013 08:00 AM

If you notice when looking behind you thru the side mirrors at night when someone is behind you , the left side will have a blue tint to it, versus the right side being normal.

bigdaddyII 09-07-2013 08:03 AM

I can tell around the edges of the mirror. They will be "shinier" the the rest of the mirror. The rear view just gets dark.