Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Creeking in rear of cab..... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1264667-creeking-in-rear-of-cab.html)

Amelio 08-30-2013 08:07 AM

Creeking in rear of cab.....

I have a pretty good ear and I am very in tune with all my vehicles and the sounds they make......My truck has just recently started to make a creaking noise in the rear.

I have a 2012 CCSB 4x4 just under 10k on the clock....Driving down the road she is quiet as can be but I have noticed when turning on a slight hill or going over bumps while the frame is twisting I am getting a creaking some where in the rear of the cab.

I was going to take my tonneu cover off this weekend and see if it goes away but I really doubt that's it because I hear it clearly in the cab. Again it only does this when the frame is twisting. I am wondering if maybe something needs to be tightened or just lubed?

I may bring it to the dealer and have them look I was curious to see if anyone else noticed this.

Has anyone experienced this?

2000silverbullet 08-30-2013 09:30 PM

I got a few hits in the superduty forum when searching for "cab creak". Could be body bushings/bolts need retorqued/tightened. I'd let the dealer deal with it.

dwh039 08-31-2013 08:52 AM

Lube door latch mechanism in back doors. My 2011 crew cab does this all the time.

Amelio 08-31-2013 10:51 AM

Thanks for the replys I kinda thought it was something like that I will drop it off at the dealer on Tuesday

krewat 08-31-2013 12:42 PM

Probably cab bushings, or could even be sway bar end links or sway bar bushings, you'd be amazed where some sounds "sound" like they are coming from ;)

Amelio 08-31-2013 01:07 PM

Oh I know I fight sounds like that with both my cars..... I checked both rear doors and door panels and crawled under the rear of the cab to see if there was anything obvious. Just gonna take it to the dealer that's what a warranty is for :) this is only the second brand new vehicle I have ever owned I sometimes forget I don't have to work on it!

Amelio 09-03-2013 10:21 AM

my wife is dropping my truck off at the dealer today.....I will let you know what they do to remedy the noise in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

rkmfordman 09-04-2013 10:12 PM

my 11 was making noise in rear cab but it was more like a rattle dealer found that rear door latch needed adjusted

Amelio 09-05-2013 04:11 PM

I just got a call from the dealer.....they had to replace one of the rear cab body bushings.

If any of you guys encounter this noise that's probably what it is....I figured it was something simple...they had to order the part so they had it a few days but no biggie to me I have a company vehicle and I didn't have to work on it :-X06

22rimfire 09-05-2013 07:45 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Wonder if the bushing was defective, or if the bolt didn't get torqued all the way? Anyway, glad you/they found it, stupid noises can be aggravating, especially on a fairly new truck. That's one thing I love about my truck; how quiet and smooth it is.

Amelio 09-05-2013 08:15 PM

Well I know they re torqued it but it did not fix it I am suppose to get the warranty report next week they said the warrant lady was behind on her paper work. I am curious because the bushing is pretty simple just metal and rubber.
I will post the fix.

These trucks are sooooo quite it is easy to hear any little noise.