Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   EcoBoost (all engine sizes) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum262/)
-   -   Black smoke rough idle cant be fixed yet (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1263299-black-smoke-rough-idle-cant-be-fixed-yet.html)

Diverse 08-23-2013 08:27 AM

Black smoke rough idle cant be fixed yet

I have been lurking here for some time now, sorry. Before I bought my 2012 EB I researched it quite a bit and like all products, some love it some hate it. It seemed to me that EB problems were very small numbers and for the most part EB gets applause.

Now the reason for my post...On the way home (30 miles) from my purchase, my EB got 15 mpg and its all highway. The dealer said give it some time to break in. Then it started idling real rough, really rough like almost dying when warmed up. It was blowing lots of black smoke from the exhaust at cold start. Long story short...its has spent almost 6 weeks in the shop and Ford says it cant fix it YET. Ford says there is a new calibration program coming out mid-August that MIGHT fix it. 11k miles on the OD and nothing yet.

I'm on my third set of plugs, second set of injectors and they tell me to keep driving it. I asked for a buy-back and they refused. Ford engineers have seen the truck twice now and still have no fix in sight.

Is anyone else having these issues or am I the Lone Ranger? :-huh

Diverse 08-25-2013 10:23 PM

Well Friday Ford called and said the new calibration program was ready to be loaded Monday the 26th. I made an appointment to take the truck in Monday and told them they can have it for 1 week only. Both Ford and I are hoping this will fix it.

Nobody else with this problem?

FordService 08-26-2013 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Diverse (Post 13463498)
...On the way home (30 miles) from my purchase, my EB got 15 mpg and its all highway. The dealer said give it some time to break in. Then it started idling real rough, really rough like almost dying when warmed up. It was blowing lots of black smoke from the exhaust at cold start. Long story short...its has spent almost 6 weeks in the shop and Ford says it cant fix it YET...

Hi Diverse,

I want to look into this and research some options to assist. To make that happen, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get to work on this for you.

Thanks!

Crystal

Diverse 08-26-2013 07:44 AM

Hi Crystal,
I'm new to this forum and dont know my way around very well. I cant find how to PM or email you. I dont do FB or Twitter. So here it goes.

VIN 1FTFW1ETXCKD94083
Dealer Jennings Anderson
Mileage +- 11400
Ph two one 0-557-87 one one
Call Larry at Diverse Enterprises (owner)

kermmydog 08-26-2013 10:41 PM

Diverse just click on Crystal's avatar FordService & it will bring up a menu & then go down to PM FordService. Then send her the info.
That was really nice that she is willing to help out. Sometimes getting around dealerships & reps can be very hard. This should help a bunch.

Diverse 08-26-2013 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by kermmydog (Post 13474703)
Diverse just click on Crystal's avatar FordService & it will bring up a menu & then go down to PM FordService. Then send her the info.
That was really nice that she is willing to help out. Sometimes getting around dealerships & reps can be very hard. This should help a bunch.

I think PM ing is not turned on for me or I'm blind. In the FAQ section I see that some privileges can take a while to be turned on. Maybe it will come soon.

I really appreciate Crystals interest in my truck, I hope she can help too. I took the truck in today for the new flash (calibration). We wont know if that flash fixed it until we can cold start it in the morning. I'm hoping for a happy phone call about 9 or 10 am.

Thanks for the help.;)

Diverse 08-27-2013 10:45 PM

Well the dealer didnt install the flash Monday even though I had an appointment. They did however install it today (Tuesday). Now I will wait to see what happens Wed morning at cold start.:-X16

Diverse 08-28-2013 08:49 PM

Well...I havent heard from Crystal yet, but I did hear from the dealer. Not fixed. Dealership says Ford told them its the best they can do right now. If I am not satisfied I need to pursue other avenues. I tried to trade it in at the dealership and I would lose $16,000.00. They dont want a broke truck, they cant sell it.

This is what is written on the work order.
"reprogrammed PCM to latest calibration per TSB 13-8-10 per Ford Motor Company Customer Service. Concern Still present."

Ford cant fix it and wont replace it. It still smokes badly at cold start and idles very rough until warm then idles with a small miss. Fuel MPG is 16.5 on a good day.

I guess I am the only one with this problem since nobody posted with similar issues.

excaliber551 08-30-2013 05:11 PM

Lemon law it.

Diverse 08-30-2013 11:19 PM

I guess I'll have to start that next week.:-huh I cant believe Ford wont make this right. They sell you a $50,000 truck that wont run right, they cant fix and they wont replace.:-X15

I have another Ford because I like Fords...or did. I have a '76 F150 Supercab with an FE 390 that puts out 419 hp. Its all custom in and out. Maybe I'll just stay with the old Fords.

Unbelievable!!!

4.9L 09-01-2013 05:55 AM

Sounds like the messing around with the wrong person, I'd make sure they do something for you, it's not your fault they sold you a junk truck.. Make them make it right for you