Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (
-   Y-Block V8 (239, 272, 292, 312, 317, 341, 368) (
-   -   Y-Block Push Rods (

captradiator 08-22-2013 10:59 AM

Y-Block Push Rods
FTE Family,

So, I bent the front push rod on the passenger side of the '57 Mercury 292 that is replacing the 272 from my F-350 wrecker. I figured, I will just get one from the old engine. However, the 292 one is a good bit thicker than the 272's. After searching several parts sites, I have come up with Melling part number MPR-73.

By the way, I bent the push rod by using a bolt that was too long when we put the 292 on the cherry picker to install it.

Thanks in advance,

charliemccraney 08-22-2013 04:22 PM

There are two different lengths of pushrods as well.

To install the passenger car engine, you will also have to use the truck bellhousing, swap the timing cover and mounting brackets, thermostat housing, oil pan, and exhaust manifolds. If the 272 is older, use the distributor and intake / carb for the '57 car unless you need it to look correct for some reason.

captradiator 08-23-2013 10:39 AM


Thanks for your response. The replacement should be here today.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.