Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   black smoke?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1263068-black-smoke.html)

sitInHigh 08-21-2013 11:54 PM

black smoke??

I drive a 1999 f250 SD 7.3 I want to know how to make more black smoke come out of my exhaust. My truck is stock. Funny question no ahahah:-X21

sitInHigh 08-21-2013 11:55 PM

What can I do to my truck to make it smoke??

4wheeling79 08-22-2013 01:02 AM

What for?? If your truck is tuned correctly it should not pour smoke out of it besides it's not really good for our environment just, running around pouring smoke out everywhere especially on people driving slow or walking down the road.

JOHN2001 08-22-2013 05:24 AM

Sitinhigh..... You just opened up a can of worms for yourself asking about that....

Christof13T 08-22-2013 07:15 AM

Uhmmm...yeah...
This probably is not the forum for that kind of activity.

This is where you go to find out how to fix your truck when there is a problem...
We dont typically think too highly of the "look at me" mentality of "rolling coal".

Tugly 08-22-2013 07:36 AM

While "rollin' coal" may sound cool while saying it, and Dodge drivers dig dissing the ricers... this forum is dedicated to healthy trucks putting out power - not plumes.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ctureid=133336

fordpride 08-22-2013 07:41 AM

Why do you think you want your truck to smoke ?
If you can answer that with our making the entire diesel community look bad ill answer your question.

I know everyone here is guilty of rolling coal but they didn't build there trucks just to go running around town blowin smoke

This is one of the reasons why all the new diesel have this DPF/DEF crap on them

sitInHigh 08-22-2013 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by fordpride (Post 13460018)
Why do you think you want your truck to smoke ?
If you can answer that with our making the entire diesel community look bad ill answer your question.

I know everyone here is guilty of rolling coal but they didn't build there trucks just to go running around town blowin smoke

This is one of the reasons why all the new diesel have this DPF/DEF crap on them

Ok sry guys. Well what does it mean when blacj smoke is coming out off my exhaust

celltech 08-22-2013 09:24 AM

Rolling coal is just not a good idea. When I see those videos of guys smoking out some person walking or driving a car next to them it does nothing but make people think negatively of diesels.

Dieselgrowl 08-22-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sitInHigh (Post 13460262)
Ok sry guys. Well what does it mean when blacj smoke is coming out off my exhaust

To answer your question, when black smoke is coming out of your exhaust (known as "rolling coal"), your engine is not properly burning all of the fuel that is being delivered.

There are really no positives to this. You waste fuel, increase exhaust gas temperatures and give diesels a bad name in the eyes of the general population.

Now around my place there is a weekly event called "Yankee Lake Truck Night". Talk about a redneck fest but it is fun. You can youtube it. They have "Blackout Nights" where the good ole' boys bring out their diesels and see how much coal they can produce. Kinda fun to watch, thats really the only place I would want to smoke it out on occasion.

sitInHigh 08-22-2013 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselgrowl (Post 13460504)
To answer your question, when black smoke is coming out of your exhaust (known as "rolling coal"), your engine is not properly burning all of the fuel that is being delivered.

There are really no positives to this. You waste fuel, increase exhaust gas temperatures and give diesels a bad name in the eyes of the general population.

Now around my place there is a weekly event called "Yankee Lake Truck Night". Talk about a redneck fest but it is fun. You can youtube it. They have "Blackout Nights" where the good ole' boys bring out their diesels and see how much coal they can produce. Kinda fun to watch, thats really the only place I would want to smoke it out on occasion.

O yes I have no interest in driveing the city (rollingcoal) heck no! Yesmabye out in the woods with the boyz. But never out in public roads. Not my intentions at all. Im just wondering why and how people are doing that. My truck has like no black smoke so im assuming its a good thing then.

Km1210 08-22-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by sitInHigh (Post 13461028)
O yes I have no interest in driveing the city (rollingcoal) heck no! Yesmabye out in the woods with the boyz. But never out in public roads. Not my intentions at all. Im just wondering why and how people are doing that. My truck has like no black smoke so im assuming its a good thing then.

Yes, that is a very good thing. Keep it like that.

grec-o-face 08-22-2013 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Km1210 (Post 13461067)
Yes, that is a very good thing. Keep it like that.

I agree, 100%.