Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum243/)
-   -   I dont know if i like that "rendering" of the Raptor (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1261737-i-dont-know-if-i-like-that-rendering-of-the-raptor.html)

brcrk 08-15-2013 05:26 PM

I dont know if i like that "rendering" of the Raptor

You know my "nite" has 5" of lift and the same 35" BFG 's on it. But if you look at the Raptor it seems like they are cutting the fenders and rear wheel wells out for those flares. I know they have to sell it and put it on the market, and I appreciate the fact it has so much travel. But my truck sits on level with the top of the wheels. They are trying to get this Raptor down as low as they can get it while still having the same amount of suspension travel. But, IMO and my opinion ONLY I think they are ruining the looks trying to get into a consumer base in which Ford didn't design it for. This one bad-assss truck...but dont ruin it Ford.

just like my "nite" and my NASCAR" truck...build it just like Mopar built its 60's cars...just like what you started out with the Raptor....dont ruin it because moms want to climb in and go get groceries

cparks 08-15-2013 07:59 PM

They have a huge amount of travel and in part this was in keeping the stance and center of gravity low. Just look at most professional off road "baja" type trucks. If it was looks only, like how your truck sits, but for off road running, keep it low with the best amount of ground clearance, and you can fly.

brcrk 08-16-2013 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by cparks (Post 13440065)
They have a huge amount of travel and in part this was in keeping the stance and center of gravity low. Just look at most professional off road "baja" type trucks. If it was looks only, like how your truck sits, but for off road running, keep it low with the best amount of ground clearance, and you can fly.

My sentiments exactly! This (Raptor) has huge amounts of travel. It was built as you said to run flat-out in a baja-type environment. But to me the newer model looks a little lower. I am not knocking it---it still looks great and (if it runs like the previous models do...which I am sure it does) it is intoxicating...and well, it was and is designed for totally different styles of "off-roading" than that stiff thing of mine.

(Those stiff front lift springs of mine feel like you could put a D4 Caterpillar on top of them and it would fall off...LOL) Thats why is aint my daily driver...it will beat you to death...dont get me wrong I am not braggin but right the opposite

brcrk 08-16-2013 12:28 AM

I love this one....SuperCrew

brcrk 08-16-2013 12:31 AM

Oh...and look the approach angle of this SuperCrew truck. You can tell it wasn't built for muddin' or rock climbing but built for speed and jumping and everything a baja truck was meant to be!!!

393STROKER 09-01-2013 12:12 AM

RAPTOR

I have a black 2012 Raptor and I drive it pretty hard sometimes. I took it in the mountains in Arizona to do some hiking for a few days. When I was driving out I wanted a BigMac in the worst way. So I was pushing the truck and myself to get down to the hardball in a timely manner. The thing about the Raptor is that you can drive it hard and fast with confidence. I would say that you would have to spend some time behind the wheel to really appreciate how good these trucks are.

brcrk 09-01-2013 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by 393STROKER (Post 13490948)
I have a black 2012 Raptor and I drive it pretty hard sometimes. I took it in the mountains in Arizona to do some hiking for a few days. When I was driving out I wanted a BigMac in the worst way. So I was pushing the truck and myself to get down to the hardball in a timely manner. The thing about the Raptor is that you can drive it hard and fast with confidence. I would say that you would have to spend some time behind the wheel to really appreciate how good these trucks are.

My friend has a black 2012 and I want it so bad:-jammin

mustangmike6996 10-23-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by brcrk (Post 13491146)
My friend has a black 2012 and I want it so bad:-jammin

If you havent been for a ride or driven it... i highly suggest asking/begging to do so