Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   oops, wrong ford trucks forum, sorry (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1260274-oops-wrong-ford-trucks-forum-sorry.html)

topmoo 08-11-2013 05:38 PM

"I used to homebrew a lot. Mashed my grain and grew my own hops I did. I only had two batches turn out to less-than-outstanding. Both were my only two vain attempts at making a coffee stout. The second of those morphed miraculously into a choice barley spirit aged on charred pecan. Don't know just how that happened. Miracle, I say."

I haven't made any in a while. Too many years ago my father used to brew his own with not quite enough equipment. I was awakened quite a few times over the years when some of his bottles would explode in the middle of the night. He always had some though, but very few people other than him would drink it.

arctic y block 08-11-2013 05:43 PM

Pop would store his under all us kids beds so it could age a little. And many a night I thought I was in a war zone.:-drink

abe 08-12-2013 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by bobbytnm (Post 13425897)
What was the "33" for? Is that how many sips it took to get to the bottom of the bottle?

If you are talking about the Rolling Rock '33'... I have never been able to figure it out. Maybe Google knows.

Jolly Roger Joe 08-12-2013 09:12 AM

Beer is good

This appears to have turned into a beer thread.

So, here's my contribution...

4tl8ford 08-12-2013 10:51 AM

So, there was this time at band camp------------------

Rojak 08-12-2013 03:37 PM

Love these threads...

A friend and his brother are homebrewing and I've got to sample a few and I must say pretty good stuff! The taste testing has led to me trying some new brews (for me any way):

Boulevard out of KC - I like the Bully Porter and 80 Acre. Also have "Singlewide and Doublewide" beers among many others. They have cool artwork.

Firehouse Brewery (Rapid City, SD) - I sampled the Honey Badger while there a few weeks ago on vacation.

I found "Radler" a few years ago when vacationing in Germany. It's a beer/lemon soda mix that is very refreshing in the Summer. The bicycle racers in Europe drink it after their races. I drank Rothaus while in Germany but can't find it in the States. I've found one by Steigl (Austrian) that is really good. They also have beer/grapefruit which tastes like Squirt. I highly recommend it! :-blah :-blah :-blah

abe 08-12-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rojak (Post 13429407)
Love these threads...
I found "Radler" a few years ago when vacationing in Germany. It's a beer/lemon soda mix that is very refreshing in the Summer. The bicycle racers in Europe drink it after their races. I drank Rothaus while in Germany but can't find it in the States.

My buddy from Belfast Northern Ireland liked to drink what he called a Shanty, half beer and half lemonade. When we were on a soccer tour of Germany he had to explain what it was, so I guess he should have ordered a radler!

petemcl 08-12-2013 05:34 PM

Drinking tall bottles of Rattlesnake beer with a lime in them at Pinnacle Peak Patio outside of Scottsdale after driving through the desert including Death Valley for several long days testing Jeep vehicles. Followed up by a big steak from their outside wood-burning grills. :-drink :) :D

The Horvaths 08-12-2013 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by petemcl (Post 13429715)
Drinking tall bottles of Rattlesnake beer with a lime in them at Pinnacle Peak Patio outside of Scottsdale after driving through the desert including Death Valley for several long days testing Jeep vehicles. Followed up by a big steak from their outside wood-burning grills. :-drink :) :D

Sixty nine, dude!

bobbytnm 08-12-2013 06:00 PM

wooohoooo

70!!!!

....nailed it!

topmoo 08-12-2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by petemcl (Post 13429715)

Oh s#@&, that reminds me to take the steaks off the grill! Out of here!

arctic y block 08-12-2013 06:20 PM

Wow!! I thought Jeramey's 69 was talking about something else.:-hair :-X15

The Horvaths 08-12-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by arctic y block (Post 13429812)
Wow!! I thought Jeramey's 69 was talking about something else.:-hair :-X15

Hey, it was Bobbytnm who said "nailed it".

Uh-hmmm. :-innocent

theodore/teddy 08-12-2013 06:42 PM

I like some of the Wasatch polygamy beer.
Their motto "why have just one".

arctic y block 08-12-2013 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Horvaths (Post 13429861)
Hey, it was Bobbytnm who said "nailed it".

Uh-hmmm. :-innocent

Ya,, One should follow the other, Right?:-X22
than:-X17