Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   Is there really an Ohio chapter? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/125801-is-there-really-an-ohio-chapter.html)

bolinb 06-12-2003 10:31 PM

Is there really an Ohio chapter?

So is there really an Ohio chapter? I have an '84 Bronco II. I'm in southern Ohio (between Dayton and Cinci).

Would love to hear from other B2 owners in the area.

jamesmonty 06-13-2003 01:16 PM

Since I have been on the FTE site I haven't seen too much action on the Ohio board. Not that there are not a bunch of people from Ohio on here, I just don't think too many visit the page. I don't have a Bronco II but I do live in Morrow Ohio, and work in Monroe. Proably pretty close to you.

Caddy 53 06-13-2003 08:20 PM

Fellow Ohio Members:
Yes Ohio does exist but sometimes I think We're on paper more than with action.I know I'm also guilty.I do check site most every day,but find little comments to reply to.
I hope we do better in future,but its summer with a lot to do.
caddy 53 chuck Centerburg oh

bolinb 06-14-2003 03:47 PM

I'm in Wilmington myself. About 1/2 way between Dayton and Cinci.

I've had my '84 B2 for about 8 months. I'm just finishing up on a lot of work to it. I've had the front and back brakes completely rebuilt (calipers, rotors, pads, etc in front and wheel cylinders, shoes, adjusters, shoes, etc in back).

bolinb 06-14-2003 03:48 PM

I put new shocks all the way around and will be replacing the muffler and some body work soon.

I hope to hear more from the Ohio members soon.

Freightrain 06-20-2003 01:21 PM

Canton, Ohio checking in........;)

We're ready and willing.....:p

Got ALL the rides running and ready for action.

I'm in a couple clubs so I'm staying pretty busy right now.

I've been to ATHS national convention in Syracuse a few weeks ago for antique truck show. Really awesome. 970 trucks of every description. Cruised my B model over.

My diesel club had a campout last weekend in Indy. Rainy, but fun.

I drag race on most weekends, but I try to get out to a few shows and such.

Larry:cool:

emalernee 06-25-2003 11:06 PM

Also from Canton

Have a 69 F-100 short bed, 300 six, auto, no power. Went to Carlisle the first of June to the all Ford show, but took my 94 Club Wagon to tow any broken down Merkurs XR4Ti's. Saw lots of truck parts but had to stock up on Merk parts for my son. Maybe next year for my bucket of rust that is used mostly for Habitat for Humanity workdays.

Mybe this group could get together for the All Ford Nationals at National Road Raceway in Newark. Doesn't that happen at the end of July?

Ezra Malernee
Canton, Ohio

phatcracker 06-27-2003 04:11 PM

Hey guys I'm new here
I just purchased my 96 F350 460 CC,LB,Dually today.I'm also a convert from Dodge.My ram got to small,then I wrecked,the insurance company totaled it,I said "they can have it" the tranny was going anyhow(gee, go figure):rolleyes: and then i bought the biggest Ford I could afford.
I'm going to mainly tow my rally car with my F350.

Cincinnati is where I'm from.

Eric Adams

emalernee 06-27-2003 05:19 PM

Eric,

Welcome to the board.

What do you rally and what type of rallying do you do?

We (wife and I) did lots of rallying up here in northeast Ohio in our Fiats and Merkur XR4Ti until the kids came along and we spent most of our time at soccor games or swim meets. I put on a night TSD rally with hillclimbs for 15 years.

Now rebuilding a XR with my son that we plan to use on and off track.

phatcracker 06-27-2003 08:12 PM

Originally posted by emalernee
Eric,

Welcome to the board.

What do you rally and what type of rallying do you do?

We (wife and I) did lots of rallying up here in northeast Ohio in our Fiats and Merkur XR4Ti until the kids came along and we spent most of our time at soccor games or swim meets. I put on a night TSD rally with hillclimbs for 15 years.

Now rebuilding a XR with my son that we plan to use on and off track.

Thanks

Rallycross mainly and as soon as I get my garage built, I'll be rallying a rebuilt ex-Pro Rally Omni GLH turbo.

If you put on TSDs and hillclimbs in the past,you may know Dan Coughnour and Nick Folger?

When you and your son get done with XR then come and test it at Cincy or WOR regions rallycrosses.Y'all will have fun.:-X06

Stanstruck 07-02-2003 03:31 PM

Hey, I'm new too. I've had my '85 BII for about 4 years now. It sure came in handy this winter...
I'm from near Springfield and I'm selling my BII and want to buy a 4x4 pickup. I need to haul/ tow now more than driving the kids around (soccer; baseball; softball; etc.....).
Any truck shows locally before the Cars & Parts show at the Clark County Fairgrounds in September?

Stan

Ron Prior 07-05-2003 03:04 PM

I just registered here [I'm a newbbie] I'm responding to a James Montgomery,I too have an 88 f-150 w/an inline six,5-spd.Where is yours rusting? Mines going in the bed wheel-wells,tailgate,hood,inside rockers {door sills} I just like the damm truck & hate to give it up, 117000 miles & runs better then new. It will cost a fortune in sheet metal,but I'm really thinking of restoring it. Any opinions????

RUNVS 07-07-2003 10:03 AM

New guy here. Well, re-new, I actually was an FTE member years ago, back when the posts were e-mailed back and forth, not as forums.
Nice to see fellow Bucks on board! Ron, I'm not sure how far you are from Cleveland, however, I have an '87 that has an excellent bed and drivers door for your truck. Actually those parts I replaced and are from a '94 F-150 (want to sell truck whole, not part out). You can get aftermarket fenders for about $75 each last time I checked. If you like the truck, go for it!
I've retired my '87 F-250HD 4x4 Standard Cab Longbed after I was in a fender bender and have replaced it with my '02 Super Duty 4x4 X-cab longbed.
First post to this forum, I hope it's correct.

LIL JC 07-13-2003 09:37 PM

Hello from Brunswick,Ohio about 20 miles south of Cleveland.
Love this site been here about 4 years now but im only on
alot in the winter when I have nothing else to do.
Summer time im out doing stuff and not hanging around the
computer so much but I do check in every so often so see ya
on another weekend !!!!!:-tap
:-X04

LIL JC 07-13-2003 09:45 PM

Was anybody at Norwalk Raceway park for fun ford weekend
I was today it was GREAT me and my 6 yr old son went.
They said there was over 1200 cars there this weekend !!
FoMoCo power Haven !!!!! :-X01 }> :9