Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum151/)
-   -   Education of Chapter Meets, etc. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1257827-education-of-chapter-meets-etc.html)

SideWinder4.9l 07-26-2013 08:04 PM

Education of Chapter Meets, etc.

Alright guys, I just wanted to clear this all up, as it seems to be a "General consensus" thing that the ONLY chapter meets that can be planned and attended are the "Big ones"

FALSE.

If you guys can organize (AKA pick a date/time/location) and actually meet up, etc. Have at it. I highly recommend it.

Here's how the Chapter ACTUALLY works:

1.) The Chapter Leader (Me) is responsible for organizing meets, G2G's, etc. HOWEVER, (As per Chapter Leader recommendation) that the CL appoint others to help distribute the workload.

John (CampSpringsJohn) and I discussed this a while back; And now I understand him more fully. Making time with work, the actual drive, and expenses is extremely hard for 1 man to do.

My point being, is it fair that the only way a chapter meet actually gets underway, is that the chapter leader drives X amount of time and miles on his own dime?

No. Hence the need for "Regions" as per the discussion that more or less burnt itself out a while back.

I will be taking nominations for "Regional Leaders" soon. Rules for that position are as follows:

• You must be a KY Chapter Member in GOOD standings with the chapter. (So far, all you guys fit that bill.)
  • As a member, you must be ACTIVE. At least a couple posts per week, as it'll keep you informed and up to date on things going on in the chapter; As much as it being easy to reach you for discussions via PM, etc.
  • With the above two (2) guidelines, you do NOT have to actually drive a "Ford Truck" to the meets. That is a myth, a lie, and overall I think has discouraged members from joining.

Yes, it is preferable, but due to life, circumstances, etc the meets are more about actually meeting the other members and having a good time. Vehicles come in second.
Now here is my suggestion for "Regions" in KY, along with a "Marker" for dividing lines, and a rough idea of driving times between regions.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1374885866

From left to right are Western, Central and Eastern Regions. The reason I added a second boundary to the Western Region is for the Regional Leader there to choose from.

I'll naturally take care of the Eastern Region, as I live pretty much smack dab in the center of it (Magoffin Co./ Salyersville area).

For the Central Region, I think 2 Leaders are needed, as it's a good 6 hrs from the KY/OH line to KY/TN line.

I'll be posting Regional Leader Nomination threads for the respective regions. Unless otherwise discussed, I feel it only fair to have people from that PARTICULAR region actually nominate/vote. But exceptions can be made.

I know this has been a very lengthy thread so far, but I'm trying to get the ball rolling in KY. :-wink

As for Chapter Member clothing, stickers, etc.. I've brought these topics up previously and everyone seemed all gung ho up til the point of ACTUALLY deciding on a logo (To be approved by Tim/ IBTim of course) for the shirts, decals, etc.

I have a local shop (S & S Signs and Banners in Paintsville, KY) that has did ALL my decals for my trucks, and they've always given me awesome pricing, and even better quality.

Pricing per shirt seems to hang around $25.00 each for less than X amount of shirts, and if we order more, the price will settle somewhere around $18.00/each. This is with a logo on the back, and a chest logo on the front.

An alternative is we buy our own shirts (Knocks approx. $6/shirt off the pricing). I personally like the Fruit Of The Loom shirts from Walmart, as they're cheap (Roughly $5.00/each for XXL) and can be gotten with a pocket.

The ones I made a while back for myself have held up AWESOMELY.

So now, what do you guys say?