Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   June Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1246894-june-chat-thread.html)

ChiefM 06-01-2013 08:01 PM

June Chat Thread

Hey everyone,
I did not realize it was June till this afternoon. I hooked up the AC vacuum to the truck this afternoon while I was working on other stuff. I put in 2 cans of 134R I had and it blows cold !!!! It blows out the defroster, but it works !!! I guess I need to figure out why it doesn't come out of the vents but I was surprised it even worked at all.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

ChiefM 06-02-2013 07:44 AM

I was looking to trade my 96 Z28 for a f150 extended cab truck I saw on craigslist, both worth about the same. After exchanging photos and needless chit chat the guy wanted money to make a trade, no thanks. I need a 4 door truck with a V8 so we can pull the horse trailer. I guess the hunt continues.

We have to go to the field next weekend and qualify with our rifles out on the range. Oh Joy...not. I know it is going to be smoking hot with all that gear on.

Southern Bronco 06-03-2013 12:02 PM

I remember the joys of training when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell. You froze in the winter and melted in the summer, but thats life in the Army. We've been busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest around the shop, getting ready for arrival of the Reepers and trying to find good vehicles for the car lot. Well hope all have a great week.

ChiefM 06-05-2013 03:30 PM

Good afternoon,
Well it looks like I will not be deploying and they are sending me back to my shop at the end of the month. Did not turn out like I had hoped for but all is well anyway. Still planning on moving up here for good one day soon but won't be anytime soon. I will be losing almost a grand a month in pay because of the sequestration thing going on. I am going to stop ranting now before I get myself in trouble...:)

ChiefM 06-06-2013 09:01 AM

What a lovely day...not. Drizzle here and trying to get the advance party out to the range to set up. Hope all you guys on the east coast are staying dry. I am heading out first thing in the morning. I can't wait to sleep in a tent and eat MRE's this weekend. I have to be getting to old for this stuff.

Southern Bronco 06-06-2013 09:54 AM

Rain started last night and is expected through at least tomorrow. Going to be a lovely day.

ChiefM 06-06-2013 04:23 PM

We are currently in a dry spell but the rain is on the outskirts of town and heading this way. I have to hurry and pack my field gear.

ChiefM 06-10-2013 06:37 AM

Good Morning Guys,
Man what a weekend, Friday night we were heading out to do night fire when the rain and lighting came upon us. We all sprinted towards our very small individual tents. Saturday we spend all day and half the night on the range, but the firing was fun. The sun came out of the clouds about 1 and it got pretty warm. I shot expert so that's a real plus!!!!

Southern Bronco 06-10-2013 09:51 AM

Sounds like you had lots of fun. My weekend started with the wife calling about 1pm on Friday to tell me her van is acting up and that shes gonna drive the 94 Bronco to work. Got home to find that the plug to the trans is full of water from all the rain we've had. So I had to clean out the connectors at the trans and at the PCM. After that We had a great weekend.

Southern Bronco 06-11-2013 03:42 PM

The temp is at 94 degrees, heat index says 103. We're loving it out in the shop, can't wait for July and August. The latest on the Sand Reepers is we should have them in a week or so. Ya'll have a good one.

ChiefM 06-11-2013 03:51 PM

I know it's hot as you know what up here too.

CLINT-THE-GREAT 06-12-2013 02:38 PM

Afternoon Stephen, Pete, and Dave!!!

Did you guys accidently send your weather up to ILLINOIS?!!! Becuase its mid 90s today and just miserable!!!!

-The Great

Southern Bronco 06-12-2013 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT (Post 13248047)
Afternoon Stephen, Pete, and Dave!!!

Did you guys accidently send your weather up to ILLINOIS?!!! Becuase its mid 90s today and just miserable!!!!

-The Great

Figured we'd give ya a small taste. Remember it'll be worse come July and August.

CLINT-THE-GREAT 06-12-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Southern Bronco (Post 13248103)
Figured we'd give ya a small taste. Remember it'll be worse come July and August.

No doubt!!! My sister live up by Chattanooga, and she is just DYING!!!! But she was born and raised in ILLINOIS. The funny one is her husband... who was born and raised outside of LaGrange, GA.... he whines about the heat all the time!!!

-The Great

ChiefM 06-13-2013 07:30 PM

Hey Guys,
I have been laid up with food poisoning the last 2 days. It has to be the sickest I have ever been in my life. I am not 100 percent but finally a little better. I do not wish that on anybody. My wife did not poison me but I won't be eating at Wendy's again anytime soon.

Yea it is really hot here too.