Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   Gittin' Jiggy With It June BS (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1246768-gittin-jiggy-with-it-june-bs.html)

Scndsin 06-01-2013 06:58 AM

Gittin' Jiggy With It June BS

So the GTG not happening is no big deal... :rolleyes:

In true sour grapes fashion, I guess its for the best. Wed. I tried to blind myself with a tree branch while mowing & according to the Doc, I damn near did. Followed up by kidney stones making a visit in the middle of the night Thur.

Anyway I'd been embarrassed that all our vehicles are dirty & the yard half-cut. :-missingt

At any rate, I wish all who pass this way a great weekend & a productive month.

shorebird 06-01-2013 06:33 PM

Quit beating yourself up over the non-GTG.

Scndsin 06-02-2013 10:53 AM

Aw heck, any beating was done with tongue firmly in cheek. Hence the Emoticons. However the weather was good, not blazing hot & no rain, so that was a shame. We did have a visitor who hadn't gotten the message about the cancellation, our Wisconsin transplant Ralph, Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: MS82F150XLT who took his newly re-engined 82 out for its maiden voyage & dropped by for a visit.

It'll work out eventually. :)

oldfordcoupe 06-04-2013 09:32 AM

like that song? tomorrow tomorrow we'll all get around to it .

Scndsin 06-04-2013 03:41 PM

Stacy, man I sure was hoping to see that "new" truck you bought.

coopdagook 06-04-2013 09:30 PM

And what a bummer too, I was going to make it. I had the car seat strapped in and the 52 all shined up... well, as much as flat back will shine that is. Only to come in and read the gtg was canceled. we should plan for a June GTG. As long as its not the last week of June. LOL. Also Don't feel like you had all the fun scndsin, I have been battling a miss on the lighting for a few weeks. And not to mention Damn quick connects on the fuel filter....:-arrgh Lots O fun...

Scndsin 06-04-2013 11:14 PM

Coop, the damnable thing is, is the 29th would be the only time I could do it in June... :-banghead

I can tell you the best way to deal with the QDs: Liberal application of WD40, tooth brush followed by compressed air and/or carb cleaner to get the grime out.

The miss: Check under the hood in complete darkness before anything else. Cross-fire on plug wires 7 & 8.

Good luck.

Scndsin 06-07-2013 06:52 AM

Another damp week. Looks like it might dry a bit for this weekend. My yard is getting to the bush-hog level. Have a good one y'all.

CLINT-THE-GREAT 06-07-2013 03:05 PM

Afternoon David!!!

-The Great

Knothole 06-08-2013 08:19 PM

I am finally coming up for air. The past 3 weeks have been hectic and involved selling our Daughter's house, buying her a home, and then moving all of her belongings. We finally finished last night.

Sawmilling work has stacked up, so I sawed today. Looks like the rest of the month will be busy with mostly out of town jobs.

Scndsin 06-10-2013 07:02 AM

Welcome to the working week y'all. Don't let it drag you down in the heat.

Stay safe Lynn out on the road.

oldfordcoupe 06-10-2013 04:22 PM

work week i wish. last wed. i rolled my left ankle. getting of atractor and stepped in a hole. i just wish i could get outside been in a chair with foot propped up from Friday on buy dr orders at least i did get to see miss. state win there way into the cws.my bud next door said some times it takes 2-3 mo th heal or more. this sucks

Scndsin 06-10-2013 05:55 PM

Stacy that sucks. Thomas just let me know that Barry broke his ankle some time ago & had some serious complications from it. (You should have let us KNOW Barry!) He' just now getting back to work. Good luck & keep us updated...

Oh yeah, GO DOGS! :)

CLINT-THE-GREAT 06-11-2013 03:36 PM

Afternoon David and Lynn

-The Great

Scndsin 06-11-2013 04:49 PM

A pleasant afternoon to you too, Clint. Thank you for visitin'. Next time you drop by, post me a pic of your Lil' Red T-Bird. Done any mods?