Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Help me welcome rvpuller to the Nebraska chapter! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1245952-help-me-welcome-rvpuller-to-the-nebraska-chapter.html)

67nukeford 05-28-2013 08:36 AM

Help me welcome rvpuller to the Nebraska chapter!

Hey guys, lets welcome rvpuller to the chapter!

:-X25

rvpuller 05-28-2013 09:33 PM

A little introduction.
We have been living in Republican City (Harlan County Lake) for 33 years, for the last 7 years we have been using it for a home base in the summer months and travel to warmer climates in the winter. I have been driving Ford trucks for 35 years, my first one was a 1978 F150 Ranger RC, LB our present 2013 truck is our 10th, half of them have been used for work trucks.

Denny

67nukeford 05-29-2013 06:53 AM

Denny, pleasure to meet you! Must be nice getting out of Nebraska in the winter, certainly wasn't any fun this year!

rvpuller 05-29-2013 07:51 AM

I owned and ran a electrical, refrigeration and HVAC business so I had my share of being out in the cold, snow and hot weather now it's nice to run away form it. :-X04

Denny

67nukeford 05-29-2013 08:12 AM

I have an unbridle hatred for winter, probably from my days of working concrete. I'd certainly run if I had the chance!

rvpuller 05-29-2013 08:21 AM

I was born and raised outside of Duluth MN so my dislike for winter started a long time ago :-drink

Denny

flyboy2610 06-01-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by rvpuller (Post 13204776)
I was born and raised outside of Duluth MN so my dislike for winter started a long time ago :-drink

Denny

Then you'll appreciate this one:

Ole and Sven are from Minnesota. They die in a snowmobiling accident, drunker than skunks and go to Hell. The Devil observes that they are really enjoying themselves. He says to them 'Doesnt the heat and smoke bother you?' Ole replies, 'Vell, ya know, ve're from nordern Minnesooota, da land of snow an ice, an ve're yust happy fer a chance ta varm up a little bit, ya know.'

The devil decides that these two aren't miserable enough andturns up the heat even more. When he returns to the room of the two from Minnesota , the devil finds them in light jackets and hats, grilling Walleye and drinking beer. The devil is astonished and exclaims, 'Everyone down here is in misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves?' Sven replies, 'Vell, ya know, ve don't git too much varm veather up dere at da Falls, so ve've yust got ta haff a fish fry vhen da veather's dis nice.'

The devil is absolutely furious. He can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in Hell. The next morning, the temperature is 60 below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere, and people are shivering so bad that they are unable to wail, moan or gnash their teeth. The devil smiles and heads for the room with Ole and Sven. He gets there and finds them back in their parkas, bomber hats, and mittens. They are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men.

The devil is dumbfounded, 'I don't understand, when I turn up the heat you're happy. Now its freezing cold and you're still happy. What is wrong with you two?' They both look at the devil in surprise and say, 'Vell, don't ya know, if hell iss froze over, dat must mean da Vikings von da Super Bowl.'

Welcome to the chapter!:-wink

rvpuller 06-01-2013 05:46 PM

:-X24:-X24 :-drink

Denny

fordnut forever 06-01-2013 10:35 PM

Welcome to the Ne. Chapter!!!!

rvpuller 06-02-2013 06:18 AM

flyboy 2610 whats really interesting was I called up to Duluth a week ago and made reservations at a campground and the the person I talked to had a real heavy northern MN accent. I left the Duluth area in 1969 when I went into the service and moved to NB in 1980 so I'm told I no longer have any of the MN Finlander twang.

Denny