Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum27/)
-   -   2000 Ford Expedition xlt battery saver relay clicking no start (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1245018-2000-ford-expedition-xlt-battery-saver-relay-clicking-no-start.html)

Wheeler.M1 03-20-2019 08:36 AM

Whats the mpg difference between 6 inline cylinder 300 engine, 302, and the 351 engine?

alloro 03-20-2019 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wheeler.M1 (Post 18550448)
Whats the mpg difference between 6 inline cylinder 300 engine, 302, and the 351 engine?

What does this question have to do with the subject line or this forum? These vehicles only use the 4.6L or 5.4L modular engines.

theresad707 08-09-2021 08:34 PM

I’m have this issue

Originally Posted by websurfer (Post 13205098)
Ok so the GEM did not change a thing same issues. This time i was able to atleast get a better understanding of what is going on.

So here is the break down one more time..

First thing i forgot to mention is that the day before this started thefront breaks were replaced on the truck not sure if this could cause my issuebut thought i might mention it.

Ok so here we go.. After letting the truck sit with the battery unpluggedfor a few days i noticed this time when i first open the door the dome lightsand door lights worked with no issues. When put the key in the ignition i getthe door chime.. If i turn the key backwards everything works radio dome lightsdoor lights all internal lights..

Now as soon as i turn the key forward not even starting the truck the domelights will stop working and door lights.. When i try to start the truck i getone loud click noise from behind the radio and then all hell breaks loose .. thebattery saver relay starts to click like crazy the dome lights flash in syncwith the sound if i pull the key out and let it sit for a few min the clickingwill stop but as soon as i open my door the clicking will go crazy again.. Andthe only way to get it out of this crazy loop is to pull the battery cable andlet it sit for 30min. Then I can do all the same steps again with the sameresults every time..

Could this be caused by a bad starter?

No matter what the headlights will not turn on with the key in any position

I have tried to put the truck in neutral and reverse and still won’t changethe outcome..

I took the battery and had it tested even though its only 1 month old and ofcourse it passed with flying colors.

Not sure what my next steps should be. Do i start pulling fuses?

I started having this problem with my 2001 expedition did u find the cause

theresad707 08-14-2021 09:23 PM

Same issue I’m having 2003 expedition

Originally Posted by websurfer (Post 13205098)
Ok so the GEM did not change a thing same issues. This time i was able to atleast get a better understanding of what is going on.

So here is the break down one more time..

First thing i forgot to mention is that the day before this started thefront breaks were replaced on the truck not sure if this could cause my issuebut thought i might mention it.

Ok so here we go.. After letting the truck sit with the battery unpluggedfor a few days i noticed this time when i first open the door the dome lightsand door lights worked with no issues. When put the key in the ignition i getthe door chime.. If i turn the key backwards everything works radio dome lightsdoor lights all internal lights..

Now as soon as i turn the key forward not even starting the truck the domelights will stop working and door lights.. When i try to start the truck i getone loud click noise from behind the radio and then all hell breaks loose .. thebattery saver relay starts to click like crazy the dome lights flash in syncwith the sound if i pull the key out and let it sit for a few min the clickingwill stop but as soon as i open my door the clicking will go crazy again.. Andthe only way to get it out of this crazy loop is to pull the battery cable andlet it sit for 30min. Then I can do all the same steps again with the sameresults every time..

Could this be caused by a bad starter?

No matter what the headlights will not turn on with the key in any position

I have tried to put the truck in neutral and reverse and still won’t changethe outcome..

I took the battery and had it tested even though its only 1 month old and ofcourse it passed with flying colors.

Not sure what my next steps should be. Do i start pulling fuses?

please email me with how u resolved this

yikesjoey307 02-21-2024 06:19 PM

99 expedition won’t start

My 99 expo 5.4 blew a head gasket and over heated. Now won’t start and is doing the clicking inside from the wiper and battery saver fuse. I’ve had to replace my multi function switch which made the lights, blinkers, dash board and a lot of other stuff not work, after reading all the posts I’m wondering if it might not be that again since the fuse is with the wipers too. My wiper motor is out and disconnected too because thoes went nuts so the connector is just hanging out In under the hood and it snows in Wyoming so I’m wondering if it’s the switch again or where the wiper motor is? Gonna go check and will let you know