Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   My 2013 6.2 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1243930-my-2013-6-2-a.html)

dualwheels66 06-04-2013 05:18 AM

Thanks for that link. There's a lot of good info in there.

dualwheels66 06-06-2013 05:07 PM

Rolled over 1500 miles today. I think I will change the oil this weekend.

rvpuller 06-06-2013 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by dualwheels66 (Post 13230074)
Rolled over 1500 miles today. I think I will change the oil this weekend.

Did you use any oil in the first 1500 miles?

I hooked my aux fuel tank gauge to the white blue wire and it worked great. Now I need my fuel shutoff solenoid and delay off relay and the fuel system will be done and so will the truck. I'm planning on doing a short pull Sunday or Monday to make sure everything is working like it should.

Denny

dualwheels66 06-06-2013 09:10 PM

I didn't notice any oil useage, I just want to change it early and see what I can see.

dualwheels66 06-10-2013 07:28 PM

I was in the shed the other day and I found these. Forgot I had them.
Torklift Stable Load A7200 Suspension Bumper - $167.89
I have that yellow block pictured. Installed them in 20 minutes. I had the bags at 40psi just to keep the truck level now I only need 10psi. When I let all the air out of the bags the top overload compressed about 1/2 inch. The truck has a much better feel to it. When I would go over a dip in the road the rear would have that saggy feeling and felt like the front end came up too much. Now with the blocks it feels much more controlled, no more saggy rear. Highly recommended to those who carry heavy loads all the time.

rvpuller 06-11-2013 06:56 AM

The air bags you have on your truck are they the ones that are on the inside of the frame or outside. When I was looking at the inboard ones I was wondering if they would give the same stability as the outboard ones. The ones I installed on my new truck are a old set of outboard ones that I took off my 2000 work truck before I sold it. If you have the factory 5th wheel hitch or a B&W you can't use the outboard ones because of the hitch brackets mounted to the frame.

Denny

GoCamping 06-11-2013 07:44 AM

Hi Denny - it's not the same truck but I have the inside rail version. Didn't really notice any difference in stability with or without. We have one trip a year that ends with a twisty "trailer whipping" road about 10 miles up a mountain. If were to notice anywhere I would think it would be there :)

Likewise our whole combo is just as stable going down the interstate with nasty winds.

dualwheels66 06-11-2013 09:35 PM

Denny I have the outboard bags.

sledjunk 06-12-2013 09:52 PM

WOW! This is a great thread! I just bought (End of April) a similar truck. I have a 2013 F-250 crew cab, long box with the 6.2. I have a high cap and a bed rollout. I have noticed that there is a little sag when the truck has some load, so I am interested in the information about the load leveling solutions.

As well, I will be adding driving lights to the truck as well as backup lights so the pdf will be a useful reference.

Thanks guys, and I will be following and adding to this as I can.

dualwheels66 06-14-2013 09:55 PM

Finally stopped raining so I got to change my oil. I changed it early 1763 miles. Truck is running good. I towed a 32' office trailer the other day, same one I used to tow with my '08 V10. The V10 still feels more powerful compared to the 6.2 but again the trans behind the 6.2 feels lazy. That 2-3 shift takes forever, it feels like you are slowing down before it upshifts. I think a tuner that just changes the shifting patterns would make the engine feel a lot stronger. Getting rid of the throttle delay would just be a bonus.

dualwheels66 06-17-2013 08:50 PM

Pulled another trailer Sunday morning. It was a 30' enclosed trailer that was old and battered so it's going to be cut down to make a flat bed to haul scaffolding. I would guess it weighs in around 6000lbs. It is really tall almost 12', there were 2 bridges that I had a cheek clenching moment but it made it through.
I really miss the mid range torque of the V10. Let's say you are pulling your camper down a two lane road cruising at 45MPH, this thing wants to stay in 3rd gear. It doesn't have the torque to use 4th, and sometimes tow/haul made it worse. Next time I will manually shift it to see if I tow in 4th or if it really lugs the engine. Really disappointed in the lack of mid range torque.
This weekend we will be going camping near Scranton PA and I think I will try manual mode and see what happens. If it doesn't help then I will call Mike. If that doesn't make it better I will look for a V10 dually.

GoCamping 06-18-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by dualwheels66 (Post 13263182)
I really miss the mid range torque of the V10. Let's say you are pulling your camper down a two lane road cruising at 45MPH, this thing wants to stay in 3rd gear. It doesn't have the torque to use 4th, and sometimes tow/haul made it worse. Next time I will manually shift it to see if I tow in 4th or if it really lugs the engine. Really disappointed in the lack of mid range torque.
This weekend we will be going camping near Scranton PA and I think I will try manual mode and see what happens. If it doesn't help then I will call Mike. If that doesn't make it better I will look for a V10 dually.

As always - thanks for posting your thoughts and I'm interested in how things work out. I would guess that calling Mike is your solution. I hear great things about the tunes.

albertatyke 06-18-2013 11:57 AM

Does anybody know of any problems that have be related to having a tune put on their truck, I'm thinking of getting one, but the supplying dealer service manager was really trying to put me off them, telling me if something went wrong and ford traced it back to the tuner then the warranty would be void, so what potential damage could putting a tune do to the engine?

dualwheels66 06-18-2013 06:36 PM

I have never had problems with tunes in gas engines. Diesels are a different story.

dualwheels66 06-19-2013 08:14 PM

Called Mike today. I think he has the solution to my issues. Hopefully I will have a positive report when I pull the camper this weekend.