Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   June Get Together (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1243346-june-get-together.html)

Scndsin 05-15-2013 07:20 AM

June Get Together

Saturday June 1st.

Where: FTE Central Mississippi Metroplex, also known as my home here in Brandon :rolleyes: If you don't know where that is, address &/or directions will be provided as needed.

Gates open at 10:30, Food will be served when cooked. Stay as long or as little as you like.

Cost: nothing

Requirements: 1) Bring yourself, spouse, significant other or kids as needed. Ford truck would be nice, but actually is not necessary. Your person to share fellowship is.

Want to bring something? GREAT! We'd like to start a list here for who & what.

Barry will be bringing the worlds biggest Iron Pig Cooker...

Step up & sing out. :)

BarryMc 05-15-2013 09:14 PM

Yep, I'll be bringing the pig to grill on,will probably bring some deer sausage to cook. I'm sure Lamenda will bring some sweets to eat, probably a cake or brownies.

FordFanboy 05-17-2013 02:43 PM

Jackson is a little far for me. Is anyone interested in a coastal get together?

(I'm not trying to step on any toes here.)

f1504x4driver 05-17-2013 04:45 PM

We will be there. I can bring some burgers and brats to throw in the pig and I can have Ja'nice fix something as well...

coopdagook 05-17-2013 05:14 PM

you guys want me to pick up the buns and condiments? If so how much shall I bring?

Scndsin 05-17-2013 07:37 PM

Cooper, I got the mustard-ketchup-mayo-dill pickles covered. A couple 6-8 packs buns would be great. Maybe a pack of dog buns for Thomas' brats. Some sweet relish might be nice, we don't normally keep that in stock. Are you coming in the F-1 this year? Wish you could bring both it & the Lightning :rolleyes:

Thomas, sounds great :)

No worries Mark. Although you're really not that far (180 or so?) & who knows you might catch a ride if we can get some more Coasties up here. We will be coming that way in October for Cruising the Coast. If you're not familiar with that I post a link or two.

FordFanboy 05-21-2013 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Scndsin (Post 13172081)
No worries Mark. Although you're really not that far (180 or so?) & who knows you might catch a ride if we can get some more Coasties up here. We will be coming that way in October for Cruising the Coast. If you're not familiar with that I post a link or two.

Yeah, it's really not the distance as much as the time. Jackson is an entire day excursion whereas something down here could be an afternoon. With 4 kids going in all directions, an afternoon is much easier to schedule than a whole day.

I'll definitely be around for CTC. Does the chapter do anything organized or is it more of a "I'll see you if I see you" thing?

Scndsin 05-21-2013 01:20 PM

We, with the help of "Gator" Steve McClusky & Bryan "Shorebird" had a presence at CTC. A very large lot next to the Biloxi Lighthouse & convention center on US 90 was set aside for our use by Steve's efforts. Not a big turn out as we'd have liked, but a start that we hope to build on.

FordFanboy 05-22-2013 02:56 PM

Do you guys register your vehicles or do you just show up and watch?

Scndsin 05-22-2013 06:34 PM

They just show up. I didn't make it last year as I was recovering from an illness. If I can find the thread I'll post a link, but if you can look back over the last couple of pages, I'm sure you can find the CTC thread which has pics as well as the Oct 2012 thread.

D-Bone 05-23-2013 09:07 PM

As of right now I'm gonna do my best to make this event. I will have 3 kiddos in tow.

coopdagook 05-24-2013 05:20 PM

a heads up, I don't think I am going to be able to make the gtg due to work. the flight crew is wanting to do some training. depending on their schedule ill be coming later. I think i was suppose to bring some buns and what not, If I do get to come later, Ill remember to bring some brews to restock the dwindling coolers, :-jammin

Scndsin 05-28-2013 01:01 PM

Cooper, dang man, hate that. Show up when you can. We'll make do. Sorry I haven't gotten back quicker.

Every body else, sorry I haven't been promoting/pushing this more. Junk just sucks the time right out of one's self. I would appreciate if I could get a conformation here for this coming weekend. If I got it right I'm looking for

Barry & Lamenda
Thomas & Ja'nice
Donovan & 3 kids
Terri & I

Sure wish I could have gotten better response from the PM's I sent out.

D-Bone 05-28-2013 04:09 PM

Once again my ex wife strikes! I have to be at a parent meeting Saturday for my son's registration in football. Never fails.......

BarryMc 05-28-2013 10:20 PM

Not looking good on participation, I guess everyone's busy. David, if you want to cancel, it won't bother me.