Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 + Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum281/)
-   -   Any word on the 2014 Expedition? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1242333-any-word-on-the-2014-expedition.html)

johnkn 05-09-2013 08:46 PM

Any word on the 2014 Expedition?

Given we're in the middle of May, I would think we'd have a fair idea of the new model. Thanks

03 SVT VERT 05-09-2013 10:42 PM

We don't have any 100% concrete information yet. However, all the hints from Ford engineers/marketing folks seem to point to the Navigator getting the Ecoboost and the Expedition getting the 5.0L. Both trucks might get the 3.7L V6 as a base/fleet level option.

Other than that, we know it's still supposed to be truck based (F150 chassis) and it will likely loose some weight thanks to the use of more aluminum and high-strength steel.

johnkn 05-10-2013 05:00 PM

Yes, I've followed all of those threads. I have a hard time believing that Ford would revert to a solid axle after all these years. It seams that we would have more solid rumors or answers at this late date. Someone knows. :-X0A6 When is the 2014 Job 1, August? Just a couple months away. thanks

LocDoc 05-16-2013 06:28 PM

Any word on the 2014 Expedition

I keep this thread updated: FYI - 2015 Ford Expedition to get 5.0 liter 32-valve Ti-VCT V-8 - Ford Expedition Forum

Ford confirmed the Expedition would get the 5.0 liter V-8. Matt VanDyke (global director at Ford) also said the Navigator would be avalible with EcoBoost engines.

The next Expedition will arrive sometime later in 2014 for the 2015 model year (if development is not delayed). If pushed back it may not be released until 2015 for the 2016 model year.

A powertrain test mule was spotted back in March (see below):
http://thumbnails105.imagebam.com/25...1254593061.jpg

The test mule has a modified air intake with parts of the Expedition's grille to feed and cool the air hungry engine (a EcoBoost V-6) and turbo boost gauges are tacked onto the interior A-pillar. The yellow sticker up top of the windshield is a identification sticker for that test mule (there is more than one mule).

A revised four-wheel independent suspension system, 5.0 liter 32-vavle Ti-VCT Coyote V-8, 10-speed automatic transmission, dual rear inflatable safety belt airbags, and lighter weight are some improvements in store.

johnkn 06-12-2013 07:48 PM

Here we are in the middle of June, Job 1 should be what, 6-8 weeks away? I sure would like to know the exact details. Thanks

montecarlo31 06-12-2013 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by johnkn (Post 13248989)
Here we are in the middle of June, Job 1 should be what, 6-8 weeks away? I sure would like to know the exact details. Thanks

Those of us with details including order guides are bound by our contracts to not provide info.

johnkn 06-12-2013 10:57 PM

After waiting years for a redesigned/repowered Expedition, this continues to be very sad news:

2014 Expedition Overview

The 2014 Ford Expedition provides top-end towing capability of 9,200 pounds, spaciousness and power for those seeking a do-it-all full-size SUV. The independent multilink rear suspension adds comfort and roominess. The array of equipment groups offers a variety of comfort, convenience, capability and appearance options, as well as extended-length versions.

Key features include:
  • New available mechanical load-leveling system is quieter than outgoing air-based system
  • Up to 20 mpg highway from the flex fuel-capable 5.4-liter V8 engine and six-speed automatic transmission
  • Standard rear-wheel drive; four-wheel drive available
  • SYNC<sup>®</sup> system features USB or Bluetooth<sup>®</sup> connectivity and optional voice-activated navigation with HD Radio<sup>™</sup>
  • 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels as well as dual-head-restraint DVD system available on Limited and King Ranch
  • Control Trac<sup>®</sup> 4WD provides sure-footed control on any road:
    • 2H (4x2) setting for normal, dry on-road driving
    • 4A (4x4 auto) setting for all on-road conditions
    • 4H (4x4) setting for slippery roads
    • 4L (4x4 low) setting for pulling a boat out of the water or at low speeds
  • PowerFold<sup>®</sup> third-row seats fold flat at the touch of a button, increasing cargo space up to a maximum 130.8 cubic feet in EL models
  • Standard trailer sway control, which uses selective braking and engine management to tame unwanted trailer movement
  • Integrated trailer brake controller available on XLT, standard on Limited and King Ranch
  • Ford’s leading safety and security features, including:
    • AdvanceTrac<sup>®</sup> with RSC<sup>®</sup> (Roll Stability Control<sup>™</sup>
    • Safety Canopy<sup>®</sup> System side air curtain technology for all three rows
    • Dual-stage airbags for driver and front passenger
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    • SOS Post-Crash Alert System<sup></sup>
    • MyKey<sup>®</sup> programmable vehicle key allows parental controls on driving speed
    • SecuriCode<sup>™</sup> keypad entry system
  • MSRP: TBA
  • Manufacturing location: Kentucky Truck Plant, Louisville, Ky
Full story and specs here:

Glossy PDF: http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2014_Expedition.pdf

Specs sheet: 2014 Expedition | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

5.4T 06-13-2013 07:06 AM

Wow That sucks! NOT EVEN A POWER BOOST! all this is Copy and Paste since 2007for the expedition,2005 for the navigator!

johnkn 06-13-2013 10:47 AM

No ****, the only change I see over my 2013 is the mechanical load-leveling system. Not sure I ever end heard my air actuated system running.

LocDoc 06-13-2013 08:06 PM

2014 will be the last model year for the current Expedition (known internally at Ford as the U324) and Expedition EL/Max (U354).

So for those of you who really liked the U324 (which was a good vehicle, even if dated) and have put off buying one, I suggest you go ahead and order your U324 or see a Ford dealer to select a U324 off their lot.

A concept rendering of the next Expedition - some styling will follow the Ford Atlas concept.
http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/26...1260234251.jpg

jac1304 06-19-2013 06:47 PM

So when will the actual redesign arrive?

LocDoc 06-19-2013 08:32 PM

Given the development stage of the redesign – around Fall 2014 or possibly Spring 2015.

Stages:

Preliminary design | design & mule testing | prototype testing | pre-production testing | production (finished product you can see and buy at dealership lots)

The next Expedition is at the "mule testing" stage (at the time of this writing). The new Expedition will be all-new, a complete vehicle redesign, which takes time.

berry1234 06-20-2013 11:20 AM

It will be like the new Explorer on steroids.

Forthepie 07-02-2013 09:25 PM

I drive a 2012 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew, coming from a 2007 Expy XLT. I want back into the full sized SUV, but I look at the 2013 Expy interior and look at my truck and say no way to Ford. I am hopeful that they get to 25 MPG highway when I am ready to move my truck in 2-3 years.

Seriously Ford, your Full sized SUV cannot have an interior worse than your truck, it can't. Now I am looking at what GM is doing to their Tahoe/Yukons. If you don't put an Ecoboost in the Expy, I am afraid you'll break my Ford buying pattern.

jac1304 07-02-2013 10:16 PM

I agree my patience is running out with ford, truck has a great interior when compared to the expedition.