Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   2015 F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1234107-2015-f-150-a.html)

texastech_diesel 04-01-2013 12:59 PM

2015 F-150

Ford F-150 Going Unibody For 2015 - Truck Trend News

2015 F150 - Unibody, no V8. This is a sick April Fool's joke right? :-X03 I was laughing while reading the article because it sounds insane, it's either a good joke or the end of the F-150.

Originally Posted by Ford
As for why the reasoning behind the construction switch, Ford said that "a unibody architecture enables us to better engineer the trucks to suit the demands of today's truck buyers, who expect greater on-road comfort, a quieter cabin, and better fuel economy. Today's buyers are also less concerned with traditional details like payload and tow ratings and are less likely to use their trucks to haul or tow."

smokewagun 04-01-2013 02:08 PM

Clearly an April Fools, or expect the demise of the Oval.

640 CI Aluminum FORD 04-01-2013 02:22 PM

I agree...Clearly an April fools joke. It even hints at the possibility of it just being an elaborate April fools joke at the bottom of the last paragraph.

However...My own fears of a Non V8 unibody F-150 are tingling a little after reading that haha.

tseekins 04-02-2013 05:27 AM

The entire paragraph about the Raptor is BS in my opinion. The dealers can't keep these trucks on lot longer than a few days before being sold. It's a cash cow of cash cows.

I'll wager that the whole article is BS except for the use of more aluminum body panels.

er243 04-02-2013 07:01 AM

Insane, perhaps not since most F150's are used as cars, heaviest load they see is kids and the weekly groceries.

PrinceValium 04-02-2013 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by er243 (Post 13018580)
Insane, perhaps not since most F150's are used as cars, heaviest load they see is kids and the weekly groceries.

I tend to agree these days...especially when all I see in dealer stock usually is NON max tow trucks. I asked them why they don't order them with it and they said they don't have much demand for them. :-huh:-arrgh

svt2205 04-02-2013 06:20 PM

It would be insane for Ford to make a huge change, such as this story suggests. Not because the typical half ton owner uses the vehicle as a car. But Ford would be insane to make these changes to the product line that offers the most profit margins and sales.

Why do you think GM stayed as close to "staying between the lines" as they did with the 2014 half tons. Risk assessment is a major factor in these games.

ri_truck_guy 04-02-2013 07:43 PM

Why would Ford do this? I already have the option of buying a truck that hauls less and tows less. It's called a Chevy. Or a GM. Or a Ram. Or a Toyota. Or a Nissan. Did I forget anyone?

D8chumley 04-03-2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ri_truck_guy (Post 13021059)
Why would Ford do this? I already have the option of buying a truck that hauls less and tows less. It's called a Chevy. Or a GM. Or a Ram. Or a Toyota. Or a Nissan. Did I forget anyone?

Exactly my thoughts! Thats why I call B.S. on this article. My .02. Bryan, when I saw you posted a thread here, I thought we had another convert :) Hows the truck, or should I say the engine, treating ya? I miss the old KR but this F150 has done me proud so far

texastech_diesel 04-04-2013 04:11 PM

When my wife's Jeep finally dies (probably because I'll piss in the gas tank and pour water into the intake vac line like a can of SeaFoam), she's getting an F-150, so I'm always watching the updates. We broke her family Chevy tradition with the Jeep.... baby steps.... blue oval is next }> Well, as long as they don't stick the F-150 badge on a modern Ranchero running on a lawnmower engine like this jack-wagon was joking about!

The 6.0L is doing it's job... these $19k HPFP failures in the 6.7L are enough to keep me happily content swapping oil coolers and injectors for a LOOONG time before it get's retired. Not like's it's worth anything on a trade-in, so I'm more married to this truck than I am to my wife :-X04

tseekins 04-05-2013 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by texastech_diesel (Post 13028301)
When my wife's Jeep finally dies (probably because I'll piss in the gas tank and pour water into the intake vac line like a can of SeaFoam), she's getting an F-150, so I'm always watching the updates. We broke her family Chevy tradition with the Jeep.... baby steps.... blue oval is next }> Well, as long as they don't stick the F-150 badge on a modern Ranchero running on a lawnmower engine like this jack-wagon was joking about!

The 6.0L is doing it's job... these $19k HPFP failures in the 6.7L are enough to keep me happily content swapping oil coolers and injectors for a LOOONG time before it get's retired. Not like's it's worth anything on a trade-in, so I'm more married to this truck than I am to my wife :-X04

As I've said before Bryan, Ford isn't going to lose supremacy in the 1/2 ton truck segment. The F-150 is perhaps Ford's most profitable high volume vehicle.

j.grif 04-06-2013 01:05 AM

:-drinkI was waiting for the article to state that front wheel drive would be standard with auto four wheel drive as an option!

ri_truck_guy 04-06-2013 07:08 AM

I know Ford has made great strides with muffler bearing technology over the last couple of years and they expect to move this into the '15 trucks. That wasn't mentioned either. Poor journalism.

er243 01-06-2014 03:36 PM

Apparently it is a joke.

Truck Trend spoofs F-150 for April Fool’s Day | Sport Vehicles

paredneck33 01-06-2014 10:18 PM

All I gotta say about this, is that GM, Ram, Toyota, and Nissan are hoping that there is at least some bit of truth to this article. At other than the use of aluminum in the body construction. After all that is the only way that anyone of them is going to ever dethrone the F series as the king that it is now. However that being said I think Ford would have screw the superduty as well as the 150.