Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Side Pojects. Whatcha been working on? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1230177-side-pojects-whatcha-been-working-on.html)

Grubbworm 03-15-2013 08:04 AM

Side Pojects. Whatcha been working on?

I've been kind of busy lately around the house. We're having new Hickory hardwood floors put in and some trim work done. We will be going furniture shopping sometime this weekend. Also been moving my daughter and grand-kids into my mothers old house, several loads with my new trailer. Haven't had any time to work on the truck yet lately, hopefully sometime soon. My wife's computer decided to start crapping out lately. First the video card, then the rest of it. It's deciding to take a slow trip out, so I'm working on building her a new one. I'm going with an 8-core gaming machine this time around. I think she will really like it. If anyone is interested here a list of the parts that I will be using.

· COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN3-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior

· ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS

· PowerColor PCS+ AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPPV3E Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti LE) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (UEFI Ready)

· AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX

· G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL

· CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler

I'm using the 750 watt power supply, her DVD Burner, and her 500gb hard drive that are already there and have been upgraded fairly recently.

Southern Bronco 03-15-2013 12:21 PM

Lets see, putting a new roof on the car port, replacing the head gasket on pa-in-laws F-150, and replacing the screen on the front porch. Thats just for starters, I'm sure the honey do list gets longer by the day.

5.4T 03-16-2013 12:22 PM

i'll probably install a tranny cooler .... that about it

ShadowSnowLeopard 03-17-2013 07:59 AM

Well, we have a lot of plans for side projects, first thing is painting the entire interior. The house just needs freshening up after 30+ years. Right now though everything has been put on hold as my grandmother in law has moved in with us awaiting her upcoming surgery. So we have a constant rotation of family in and out helping care for her. Once we get past that we should be back on track.

ChiefM 03-18-2013 10:22 AM

Hey Guys,
I am finally back in the loop again. I graduated Warrant Officer College on tuesday morning and then took the rest of the week off. Side Projects well lets see,

I repaired the leaks on the front and back porches, I replaced the bad wood on the front porch and painted the whole thing. I ran and burried an electrical outlet to the back yard. I finshed the pen for the horse we are getting for my daughters birthday, went and looked at the horse and he make us a great deal for 2 of them, so it looks like we are getting 2 horses. Fixed the trailer lights on the horse trailer. I moved the entertainment center out of the shed and got it set up in the house. Hauled a bunch of stuff to the dump that was just hanging around in the shed so I can finally move around in the shed. I got the horse tack out of the truck and set up in the shed. I had to drain the gas tank on the kiddos 4 wheeler where the rain got into the tank. I raked the backyard. I fired up the truck, my Camaro and the motorhome to keep the batteries charged up.

I still have to go get 2 rolls of hay, paint the back porch, go get the 2 horses from Florida. replace the 2 rear tires on the camaro. Once I get the tires done on the Camaro I will sell it and use that money towards getting the truck fixed up. :'(. It's never ending....... and you guys thought I was just sitting around. I had to come back to work to get a break :)

Grub thats sounds like an awesome computer, I want a good game computer one day and now I know the guy to talk too... :0

Grubbworm 03-18-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 12963562)
Hey Guys,
I am finally back in the loop again. I graduated Warrant Officer College on tuesday morning and then took the rest of the week off.

Grub thats sounds like an awesome computer, I want a good game computer one day and now I know the guy to talk too... :0

Congratulations on the graduation.
As far as the computers go, I've been building them on the side since the early 90's (mostly for us). It looks like all the parts will be in this week, but I don't know when I'll have the time to work on it.

toddspeed 03-18-2013 11:06 AM

All my side projects seem to be truck projects:

Installing new headers
Replacing turn signal switch
Replacing door seals
Replacing column shifter (AT)
...and looking for a parts truck }>

ChiefM 03-18-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Grubbworm (Post 12963621)
I don't know when I'll have the time to work on it.

That sounds like me and the truck !!!

Thanks, good to finally have that school done and out of the way!! The school was only 2 hrs away but coming home on the weekends trying to do homework and oney do's was killing me.

ChiefM 03-18-2013 01:34 PM

I forgot that I still need to get the seeds in the ground for the rest of my garden and finsh up the chicken coup too.

The Collards and the Vidalia onions are really taking off with all the rain we have been getting lately.

ChiefM 03-19-2013 01:26 PM

Good Afternoon Guys,
Had a supprise physical security inspection this morning... I aced it!!!

All my hard work paid off and no leaks on either porch last night !!!! Looks like rain this weekend so maybe I can get a little xbox time in since I can't be outside working..:(

Grubbworm 03-19-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefM (Post 12968404)
Good Afternoon Guys,
Had a supprise physical security inspection this morning... I aced it!!!

All my hard work paid off and no leaks on either porch last night !!!! Looks like rain this weekend so maybe I can get a little xbox time in since I can't be outside working..:(

Good for you.
XBox huh. We just got two new games with my wife's new video card, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. We've never played either one. But I'm sure she will once I get the her new computer built built. All the parts are in, now I just need some Artic Silver 5.

ChiefM 03-20-2013 06:32 AM

My wife finished up painting the shutters yesterday and I hung them last night, so the front porch and front of the house refurb is complete !!!! They like the porch so much they want me to screen it in and put in a ceiling fan so they can sit out there in the evenings.

Looks like with all the rain we are going to get this weekend it might be a good time to finish hanging the wallpaper in the bathroom. I can knock out one more honey do I know is coming down the pipeline.

Dave, I had to look up Artic Silver 5 since I had no idea what in the world that was.

Looks like the test on the horses came back good FINALLY !!! Looks like tomorrow I am taking off early and we are heading out to go get them and bring them to the house. Now my daughter will settle down and quit bugging us on when we are getting them :).

ChiefM 03-21-2013 06:52 AM

Good Morning everyone !!!!

We had a small storage building that we had to get rid of because they are fixing to do some renovations to the shop, It took us 3 hrs to get it off the ground and loaded on the trailer. I could only go 25 MPH or the trailer would sway really bad, so the normal 35 minute trip home took and hour and a half. Only took 5 minutes to get it off the trailer.

I am heading out to self help garage on the base at lunch to put the new tires on my Camaro. I am then heading out to go pick up the wife and daughters horses this afternoon. Hopefully the installers will be out tomorrow and put up the barn before the rain comes this weekend. A trip to the feed store for some food and hay and I can move on to other projects.

ChiefM 03-25-2013 07:51 AM

I took off early thursday and went to the Auto Craft Shop at the Base and had the 2 tires mounted on the rims for the Camaro. I went to the house and looked over the horse trailer and then we headed out to get the horses. No problems getting there and back.

Friday morning I ran to the hardware store and got some wood and I put a wood floor in the new animal storage building for the wife and moved all the stuff, saddles, food, and various stuff out there for her. I went and got a roll of hay from the farmer down the road for the horses. I put the 2 rims and new tires on the Camaro.

I made 2 hay holders for furry kids. I went thru storage shed and got rid of stuff. I have to come to work to get a break...:)

Grubbworm 05-30-2013 03:41 PM

I've been scrubbing my house siding with bleach and soap water to rid it of it's yearly mildew accumulation. Also been pressure washing both decks in preparation for some fresh stain.