Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Front Leaf Springs! Pro Comp or X Codes (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1230022-front-leaf-springs-pro-comp-or-x-codes.html)

ronjon95 03-14-2013 03:50 PM

Front Leaf Springs! Pro Comp or X Codes

Everything I have been reading is making my head spin! Some one should have the answer for me. I have a 2000 F-350 4X4 with what I was told by the previous owner 2.5" leveling Kit which is the extra springs under the factory springs. I believe that my factory front springs are sprung. I would really like to keep a level ride due to having larger tires. So what would be a better route to keep the height and get a little more stiffness to help prolong life of the springs.

Thanks

F-250 Super Duty 03-14-2013 05:15 PM

I preach this because I had great luck with it. Find a local truck spring shop and have them build you a set of springs. It was cheaper in the long run for me.

ronjon95 03-14-2013 07:12 PM

Thanks! I found one that is highly recommended. I was wondering if anyone had a couple of pictures still on the truck with the old saggy stock springs and then a set of new perky ones? LOL Perky!

timmyboy76 03-14-2013 08:00 PM

subscribing...

I'll update this thread when done. Buddy's goin thru same thing, and we're gonna role my father up to get a set made..(level ride). He's the accountant for Deaver..:-jammin

ronjon95 03-21-2013 12:19 PM

I have spoke with the local spring shop. He has estimated me at $500.00 for a new set of front springs. For him to install the is a additional $400 to $500. I also called Tousley Ford and shipped to my door and taxes approx. $400.00 for X codes this is with out new U bolts and nuts and washers.

I think I will be installing these myself!!

My confusion of getting the X codes how much of a lift would I see? I currently Have V codes and a 2.5" leveling kit. With my wheels turned completely one way I have about .5" clearance between the wheel well and tire. If I took off the leveling kit and just put the X codes on how much of a lift would that give me over stock height?

Thanks guys!!!

ronjon95 03-22-2013 08:22 AM

Found the Leveling Kit

1 Attachment(s)
This is the leveling kit that I believe is on my truck! So I could just replace the V code springs that came on the truck factory. Or if like I was asking in the above post Would the X codes give me a 2" lift?

Our standard 2.5 inch Ford leveling kit includes 2 front progressive spring packs with teflon pads to reduce friction, Adjustable Track Bar, 2 center pin bolts, 4 U-bolts with hardware and detailed step by step instructions. This Ford leveling kit will allow you to run 35x12.5 tires on a 10 inch wheel with occasional minor rubbing. To avoid any tire rubbing, run 33 inch tires.
Attachment 70948

miller_feed 03-22-2013 12:17 PM

I got 1.5" lift on my truck going from V to X codes.

acf6 03-22-2013 03:45 PM

I am buying X codes for my truck from Titus will ford parts online. A few dollars more than tousley ford, but the shipping for is less than half. About $330 to my door for the pair of x codes.

i was debating doing procomps or X codes, but i think the OEM springs will hold up better to the weight of a diesel. If i had my old gasser, id put procomps on