Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   2nd Annual ALL CALI Pismo Superbowl Weekend Get 2 Gether (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1211878-2nd-annual-all-cali-pismo-superbowl-weekend-get-2-gether.html)

wpnaes 12-24-2012 12:39 AM

2nd Annual ALL CALI Pismo Superbowl Weekend Get 2 Gether

You heard about it last year, you saw the photos, now's your chance to join in the fun Feb 2/3 at Oceano Dunes.

Here's last years thread: We'll meet on Feb 2nd (whenever you can get outta bed and get over there) between Post 4 and 5.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...with-pics.html

Jim, go ahead and post a link for the NoCal folks. :-X22

SAVE THE DATE (with the new Mayan Calendar).:D

Current Tide Display for Pismo Beach, California

Map of the SVRA

Oceano Dunes SVRA

:-X06 Sign up:

1. Sean and Aidric

Nighteyez 12-24-2012 11:36 AM

Sign me up. I'll be there if I have to start walking now. :) One small problem, I am getting negative feedback on setting it for the Super Bowl weekend. Any chance we can push it back one week to the following weekend? I'll be there either way, but I am guessing we would get a bigger turnout if we push it back. Your thoughts?

Jim

ChaseTruck754 12-24-2012 12:41 PM

Weird - didn't know you guys were up there last year. I was there with the guys from GoFastBroncos.com We'll be there again this year, but the 20th of Jan

wpnaes 12-24-2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nighteyez (Post 12634113)
Any chance we can push it back one week to the following weekend?
Jim

I'm open either way; but I won't be able to attend the 9/10th. Which ever date gets us the most participants :-X22.

Nighteyez 12-24-2012 01:36 PM

Ugh. I hate scheduling GTG's. So far, there is only one other Nor Cal member who has stated they can make it, but that is if we have it on the 9th/10th.

Jim

davewave649 12-24-2012 01:45 PM

I MIGHT be able to go if we go the 9/10th but my dad will not. Both of us can go superbowl weekend.

wpnaes 12-24-2012 01:50 PM

I tell ya what, let's do SuperBowl weekend as planned until we have the list of participants higher for another weekend. On the plus side, we'll have the beach to ourselves like last year.:-X22

davewave649 12-24-2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 12634585)
I tell ya what, let's do SuperBowl weekend as planned until we have the list of participants higher for another weekend. On the plus side, we'll have the beach to ourselves like last year.:-X22

Sounds fair to me.

For Superbowl weekend:
1. Sean and Aidric
2. Dave Jr. & Dave Sr.

Nighteyez 12-25-2012 01:06 AM

Yeah, I agree. If we can get more for the 9th/10th, then we will move it. However, it looks like Super Bowl weekend will be it again this year. I don't mind having the beach to ourselves, but would have liked to see more members come out.

For Superbowl weekend:
1. Sean and Aidric
2. Dave Jr. & Dave Sr.
3. Jim

Jim

Stewart_H 12-25-2012 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 12634585)

Well, have fun guys...again!

There is zero chance I'll be there on Super Bowl Sunday.

I love Pismo too. I sold my 2-wheel drive truck and bought Clay's 4x4 just so I could run on the beach!

It doesn't have to be the following week. Just ANY date other than Super Bowl weekend.

Why are you guys so set on having it that weekend?

Stewart

davewave649 12-25-2012 01:48 AM

Last year we went Super Bowl weekend cuz that was the weekend that worked. Turned out super nice because its pretty much the one weekend a year that the beach isn't totally packed and crazy. So since it wasn't super crazy there we thought wed do it again and take advantage of the slow weekend

Stewart_H 12-25-2012 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by davewave649 (Post 12636298)
Last year we went Super Bowl weekend cuz that was the weekend that worked.

I know. I didn't go last year because of that.

I went in July of this year when the beach was full. It's not that bad. Lots more people there to help a person out if ya get stuck.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money there isn't any weekend in February that comes close to the number of people in July. It's not just Super Bowl weekend.

Don't change the date because of me. It just makes no sense to me to have it on a weekend when you will for sure limit participation, when you're trying to get people to attend.

Stewart

Stewart_H 12-25-2012 02:33 AM

Hey guys, it's past midnight! Merry Christmas! :) :-drink

Stewart :-jammin

bpounds 12-25-2012 10:32 AM

It's a 2 day event, and the game is on the second day, in the afternoon, and you live on the central coast. You could easily be home before game time. And if all that doesn't work, use your DVR.

We hired a chapter leader and pay him the big bucks, and give him authority to set dates. This he has done.

Nighteyez 12-25-2012 11:09 AM

You could show up just for the Saturday, and leave Saturday night. Quite a few people did that last time. I stayed because of the long drive, and I didn't care who won the Super Bowl :)

Sean, what about the 16th/17th of Feb, would that work for you? What about you Dave? If not, I guess we will keep the Super Bowl weekend date.

BTW Merry Christmas everyone!

Jim