Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum117/)
-   -   ANNUAL CHRISTMAS THREAD!!!!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1207680-annual-christmas-thread.html)

rupejosh 12-05-2012 12:38 AM

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS THREAD!!!!!!!

its a little early but i like to do these threads to celebrate the holidays.post your wishlist pictures or whatever you like.i know posting certain things is against site policy but remember christmas isnt about the giving and receiving gifts or what you get.its about togetherness and family and celebrating a special someones birthday.so post your pictures wish lists plans and traditions even if they are off the wall.lol i go hunting or ice fishing usually.so post away and remember its not happy holidays its MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

hope everyone enjoys this thread and maybe help get to know one another a little more.

91dirtydiesel 12-05-2012 12:48 AM

Early Merry Christmas! Cut the tree down yesterday, dang saws they give ya are so dull, my shoulder hit muscle failure several times before it fell LOL ice fishing sounds like fun! Never tried it

hairyboxnoogle 12-05-2012 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by rupejosh (Post 12560371)
remember its not happy holidays its MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

:-drink (eggnog)

Well im getting a pickup ive wanted for a very long time so thats my present to myself lol. Cant wait to get it and get ahold of Justin for some go fast stuff.

I dont like fishing... i doubt fishing on ice will be any better lol. Definately looking forward to sledding and eggnog and family.

Merry Christmas

'94IDITurbo7.3 12-05-2012 11:39 AM

i'm getting battlefield 3 for my PC, AEM dryflow air filter, long 1/2' drive ratchet wrench, $$$$$$

therifleman556 12-05-2012 12:55 PM

Ice fishing is more fun. With the snowmobiles and whatnot. And your beer never gets warm!

kla94 12-05-2012 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by rupejosh (Post 12560371)
its a little early but i like to do these threads to celebrate the holidays.post your wishlist pictures or whatever you like.i know posting certain things is against site policy but remember christmas isnt about the giving and receiving gifts or what you get.its about togetherness and family and celebrating a special someones birthday.so post your pictures wish lists plans and traditions even if they are off the wall.lol i go hunting or ice fishing usually.so post away and remember its not happy holidays its MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

hope everyone enjoys this thread and maybe help get to know one another a little more.

Couldn't agree with you more. My lady lost her job about a month ago, so the money's tight. The kids aren't gonna get allot for CHRISTmas, but the bills are getting paid.We have a couple plays at church that are fun. Being with my kids and the family is all I need for CHRISTmas. Wanted some glowshift gauges, but its all good. May God bless everyone with a merry CHRISTmas. Thanks again for all the advice and help everyone has given me.:-X22

whiteboyslo 12-05-2012 05:31 PM

Merry Xmas, all!

The truck's been pulling its weight in bringing home the holiday gifts. The old man got a recliner to replace his very nasty, ratty one, and we used the truck to save the delivery costs. The wife and I got each other a new TV, and let's just say it wouldn't fit in the back of her Accord :-X04. It even brought home my lil bro's new (to him) GSXR1000, so it's just full of holiday cheer this year.

I've asked Santa for a few interior items, including a pillar gauge pod, coolant temp gauge, Dashmat, and floor mats. I've been real good, so hopefully he listens. Of course, if not, I may just get the darn temp gauge anyway because I'm tired of guessing and not KNOWING the engine temp.

Let's see, family traditions:

- The whole family goes out on Xmas Eve to see a movie. This year's choice is The Hobbit, and we're really amped for that since we loved LOTR so much

- Toys for Tots, where we go to WalMart, buy a few bikes and helmets, and promptly take them outside to drop off with the Marines whom are outside collecting items.

- Watch A Christmas Story, at least once (usually on the TBS marathon)

- Watch Elf while decorating the house (done!)

And the wife and I are working on starting a family of our own, so hopefully next year we'll begin some new traditions

Mike

Coalroller 12-05-2012 07:58 PM

Merry Christmas to all! im with whiteboy on the Christmas Story marathon on TBS I try to watch it as many times as i can just cause i love it! Most fun is trying to set up all the times to vist my family and the in-laws and eat Christmas dinner about 4-5 times... Im ok with that though.

My wish is for good health to all, lots of laughter and fun for everyone, love and cheer to all and that this site is to continue to house the awesome people that it does and great info and ideas for lasting trucks!

rupejosh 12-05-2012 10:50 PM

why all the hate on the ice fishing.lol i have a pop up shanty that i heat hang up some portable speakers and my ipod and sit in my chair(some folks call it a cooler) lol it sounds like you all are going to have a great season and know the true meaning for the holidays.

whiteboyslo your family is for sure one that knows the true meaning it sounds like

genscripter 12-06-2012 12:46 AM

For my wish list, I want a bumper grill guard with a spot for a winch for my 1988 E250. Still looking after several weeks. maybe santa will drop one off under the tree.

David85 12-06-2012 11:44 PM

Hey Rupe! Been a while (for both of us it seems!):-wink

Snow boarding is in the plans for me. Usually we have a nice dinner and enjoy the time together.

Although some time off class will also be nice to catch up with projects. Not to mention sleep.

hairyboxnoogle 12-07-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by therifleman556 (Post 12561815)
Ice fishing is more fun. With the snowmobiles and whatnot. And your beer never gets warm!

True enough, but take out the fishing and that is snowmobiling around here lmao

rupejosh 12-09-2012 08:33 PM

hey david!!!! i am still watching just not posting.kinda creepy huh?lol

PonyPuller 12-10-2012 02:23 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a great holiday. My plans for this christmas are pretty simple. Fix my truck! That is my present to me. Gonna spend the next week replacing the driver side door glass, window motor and switch, just ordered a new mirror and I'm replacing the headlight switch due to flickering issues while driving at night. Getting my christmas early! On christmas, I will throughly enjoy feeding hay and climbing back into a WARM truck. :-X06

joshofalltrades 12-10-2012 02:55 PM

well, for christmas in my family, my brother just adopted a new baby boy, and my parents are driving down to see them. we're around seattle, and they're in new mexico, so i can't afford the time off to see them.

on the home front, i bought my truck a ferret meter for christmas, should arrive on the 21st