Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Here is the deal of the day! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1207609-here-is-the-deal-of-the-day.html)

bigwin56f100 12-04-2012 06:40 PM

Here is the deal of the day!

Not mine but if it was closer it would be!

1956 Ford F500 Shell Oil Gasoline Gas Tanker Truck F 500 | eBay

homade 12-04-2012 06:51 PM

Kevin, you should go get it for Anthony.

bigwin56f100 12-04-2012 06:55 PM

I should go get it for myself! Didnt you know someone who wanted a tanker like that?

pineconeford 12-04-2012 06:55 PM

Wow....lot of truck there for the money. Now that would make a good parade vehicle....fill it with water and let it 'leak' visibly for the pleasure of the crowd - while smoking a cigar and flicking ashes out the window. :D

I think I had something similar as a toy when I was a kid. 1/16 scale or something like that?

homade 12-04-2012 07:01 PM

Yell Kevin, I found one for him but he's a dumb a-hole and didn't go get it so I don't look for him any longer.

51PanelMan 12-04-2012 07:27 PM

This one has been on Ebay before.

CharlieLed 12-04-2012 09:14 PM

Inyokern is in the high desert. If someone were to make the trip to pick up this truck there are lots of things to see nearby. Gene Winfield's shop is right there on route 14 and Edwards Air Force base is just South of there. No more space shuttle landings but there is a boneyard for decommissioned commercial airliners there that is a sight to see. The town of Boron is near Edwards...for you oldtimers, that is where 20 Mule Team borax was mined. That is a pretty cool truck but more time and effort than a novelty truck would warrant for me.

I would imagine that this tanker truck was used to fuel aircraft at Edwards.

52 Merc 12-04-2012 09:37 PM

Just so I'm clear, the seller is in New York, the truck is in California, there's no title, no paperwork, payment thru paypal, and since the seller won't be there to meet you when you pick it up.....Does anyone else besides me see a potential problem here? Not to say the deal isn't legit, but there's always the possibility of more than one person with a shotgun nearby. Or am I just getting too cynical in my old age? :-X18

from the ad;

What you see is what you get

No title

I bought the truck a while ago and after the storm here in New York I will not be able to get out there to deal with it.

PLEASE NOTE:Payment must be made thru paypal within 24 hours of the winning bid

Jolly Roger Joe 12-05-2012 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by 52 Merc (Post 12559921)
Just so I'm clear, the seller is in New York, the truck is in California, there's no title, no paperwork, payment thru paypal, and since the seller won't be there to meet you when you pick it up.....Does anyone else besides me see a potential problem here? Not to say the deal isn't legit, but there's always the possibility of more than one person with a shotgun nearby. Or am I just getting too cynical in my old age? :-X18

Was there a "trust me" anywhere in the ad? }>

old uhaul 12-05-2012 06:18 AM

I own the truck.I live on Long Island,New York and if we didn't have deal with the aftermatch of hurricane sandy,this truck would not be for sale.
My phone number is clearly in the ad for anyone interested to call.I hate to see such a cool truck get scrapped and how can you beat the price

The Horvaths 12-05-2012 08:16 AM

It is a beautiful truck.

homade 12-05-2012 09:04 AM

You don't have to worry about anything as Anthony is a straight shooter ( no punt intended) and has been a friend for some years now, he's a great guy. Anthony, did you get the tanker up to your dads place. Happy upcoming Holidays to you and the youngin, Garry and Courtney.

51PanelMan 12-05-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by old uhaul (Post 12560682)
I own the truck.I live on Long Island,New York and if we didn't have deal with the aftermatch of hurricane sandy,this truck would not be for sale.
My phone number is clearly in the ad for anyone interested to call.I hate to see such a cool truck get scrapped and how can you beat the price

Did you buy this truck the first time it was on eBay? It sure is a long way from NY. Transporting this beast would cost a small fortune.

old uhaul 12-05-2012 10:46 AM

Hey Garry,thanks for the kind words and hope you and Courtney have a good holiday as well.
I did buy it off ebay a while ago.The plan was to move it vegas to my dads house and store it there untill i came up with a plan for it.I just wanted to save it from the crusher but i wont be going out there anytime soon.I know a could call a scrapper and it would be gone quick.
I just would like to someone do something with it.I am surprised someone out that way hasnt jumped on it

19fifty4 12-05-2012 06:05 PM

Hate to see someone have to sell something because of misfortune. Hope you get back on your feet from Hurricane Sandy very soon.