Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   December Chat/All Topic Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1207041-december-chat-all-topic-thread.html)

zhilton 12-18-2012 10:34 PM

So Jeff's '53 will start in the morning...I went ahead and shut the freezer door I opened last week. We all know how those Berlin engines are in the cold.:-X04

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12613996)
I like Subway OK. Never been to a Firehouse or Braum's that I recall.

Firehouse is sort of like a Subway...except they serve all their sandwishes hot (temperature) and the whole firefighter motif; other than that pretty much the same kind of place. Wouldn't say one is better than the other. Now Braum's on the other hand...DQ and any other diary/restaurant can't hold a candle to 'em. There is a reason I've put on all the weight after becoming an engineer.}> They're an Oklahoma based family dairy...not a huge company by any means, but they make a mean hamburger and their shakes are outstanding!

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12613996)
Is it having issues?

Not exactly, wanting to get a little better fuel mileage out of the little car. Current average (last four months) is hanging right at 33mpg. Which compared to the van, Explorer and...sigh...the truck is outstanding; it ain't exactly the 38mpg average Ford crows about for the little car. And apparently only the EcoBoost is getting the support of the aftermarket tuners...the naturally aspirated hamster wheels are stuck with factory EPA chokers. From what I'm reading in the Focus forums (yes, they're "unique")...the 2012 engines are completely different animals verses the earlier 2.0L squirrels.

tojoski 12-19-2012 07:21 PM

Not a huge fan of fast food anymore either. I guess it comes with getting older..

Never eaten at Firehouse, Subway is ok, but I like Quizno's better.

mechmagcn 12-20-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 12614812)
So Jeff's '53 will start in the morning...I went ahead and shut the freezer door I opened last week. We all know how those Berlin engines are in the cold.

Hey! I think you forgot to latch that D#%$*m door :( 43* and wind blowing 30 MPH after a balmy 77* yesterday :-arrgh Just when I was getting warm again :-roll
Oh yeah, that little MB will start when nothing else in the yard will even grunt :-X04

tojoski 12-21-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 12619772)
Oh yeah, that little MB will start when nothing else in the yard will even grunt :-X04

Hey after pulling a teardrop all over this continent, I have a whole new respect for that thing..

mechmagcn 12-21-2012 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 12625190)
Hey after pulling a teardrop all over this continent, I have a whole new respect for that thing..

Joe, I had pretty much pulled it over most of the eastern 3rd of the US before I took off on that trip, so I had no doubts of it's abilities :)

jgoodman6891 12-22-2012 10:00 AM

Hey fellas. Not really sure what to say....

zhilton 12-22-2012 01:25 PM

Well, it's the 22nd and were all here. Guess the Mayans missed it. Wonder how many morons quit their jobs on Thursday evening? I know Clay at RiffRaff had an ad on his FB Thursday saying he had a FREE powerstorke parts sale starting today. Though since the Mayans missed it, the disclaimer now applies.:-X16

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 12617989)
Not a huge fan of fast food anymore either. I guess it comes with getting older.

Never eaten at Firehouse, Subway is ok, but I like Quizno's better.

I couldn't tell you the last time I ate McD "food". I try to avoid the fast food stuff as well...but sometimes your running late/in a hurry and just don't have time to eat a real meal. I think you'd like a Firehouse Joe...but then that's just me.

Hey! I think you forgot to latch that D#%$*m door

The latch is made in Mexico...so it doesn't always work as intended/supposed to.

Oh yeah, that little MB will start when nothing else in the yard will even grunt

I've got one of those will grunt no matter what. It's the noise & smells that you want to avoid. The neighbors really do appreciate it when you plug this engine in when it's going to be below 20F.

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 12627304)
Hey fellas. Not really sure what to say....

Ya' checked in and said howdy...good enough for me!;)

jgoodman6891 12-22-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 12627792)
Ya' checked in and said howdy...good enough for me!;)

LOL. Lost another bird last night. Down to 1 guinea & gotta get rid of it since I dont have a breeding pair now. :'( Still gotta set my live trap here in a bit.

I think Ive finally decided to NOT put an IDI in my 77 F250. Just dump that money into my crewcab. part is going to be finding the parts to put the trans I want in it.

zhilton 12-24-2012 09:03 PM

Before we all loose our minds in the morning (those with young children)...Merry Christmas everyone. If anyone needs me, I'll be the guy putting several things together in the morning and eating way too much turkey & ham since a couple of family members that were supposed to be coming by have been scared off by the threat of snow.

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 12627870)
LOL. Lost another bird last night. Down to 1 guinea & gotta get rid of it since I dont have a breeding pair now. :'( Still gotta set my live trap here in a bit.

Sounds like you need to inflect a little bit of lead poisoning on something(s) around your place. But that's just how I look at the problem.

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 12627870)
I think Ive finally decided to NOT put an IDI in my 77 F250. Just dump that money into my crewcab. part is going to be finding the parts to put the trans I want in it.

Your no fun. I still say a 4BT would be an awesome engine to stick in a Bronco. They're everywhere (cheap) and depending on how wild you want to get...they're rather flexible as far as much power you want to build with one.

James, I'm not ignoring you on that text...I just keep forgetting to look it up. I couldn't find much about it on FTE. So I doubt it will be able to read engine specific codes.

jgoodman6891 12-24-2012 10:35 PM

Zach, Its ok. I know it will read the Eng spec codes on our gas trucks, just not sure about the diesel.

Diesel Bronco.... I actually miss my old Bronco. If it wouldnt have been such a big project I would have kept it. I have been thinking about looking for a newer one to drop a diesel in so the family can be together & run some mild trails & go camping in. My '94, I love it but wish it was 4x4 & could fit us all comfy like. A bronco would fit that bill. Then again I have a '77 F250 4x4 out back that would be chopped down to fit a Bronco body..... but would need another '78/79 bronco body.

Did a little reading into how some birds of prey attack & take apart the food... 98% sure its an owl. A year or two ago, before I got birds, we had an owl semi living out in the barn for a short spell. Tonight is the second night Ive checked the barn & trees for anything. Nothing! Im actually getting kind of pissed as I havent shot a damn thing for deer season nor found a strange bird out back.

I take that back, the other day when we had all that high wind, I did see a couple bald eagles drifting around. Thought they were big ass hawks until I saw the white & just couldnt bring myself to get the shot gun.

F250W6.0 12-25-2012 08:34 AM

Merry Christmtas !!! Best wishes to the most helpful bunch of guys in the world...Merry Christmas to all..............................

tojoski 12-25-2012 05:53 PM

Merry Christmas to all the FTE brethren!!

zhilton 12-25-2012 07:00 PM

Merry Christmas to you too Harry. Hope y'all are staying warm up there at Rudy. The sleet and snow has been piling up here at the house all day.

Will P. 12-27-2012 09:27 AM

We got about 9" of snow here.
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9a6129c2.jpg

Looks like about a foot on the porch rail though!
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/o...psae7fec06.jpg

tojoski 12-27-2012 11:17 AM

Still without power.. cold house, cool shower.. fun