Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum268/)
-   -   Need a few parts (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1197604-need-a-few-parts.html)

transam525 10-20-2012 04:18 PM

Need a few parts

I placed a wanted add in the classifieds section of this forum a few months back with no luck. My 1960 F-100 concours rolling chassis restoration is nearly complete. I need the following parts if anyone has them available:

-OEM Styleside rear bumper brackets. I need these with all the original Ford hardware used to mount the brackets to the frame.

-Rear leaf spring U-bolt plates. These plates sit on top the leaf springs, of which are held down by the U-bolts.

These parts are for a concours restoration, and need to be virtually rust free. Light surface rust is acceptable.

NumberDummy 10-21-2012 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by transam525 (Post 12393869)
I placed a wanted add in the classifieds section of this forum a few months back with no luck. My 1960 F-100 concours rolling chassis restoration is nearly complete. I need the following parts if anyone has them available:

-OEM Styleside rear bumper brackets. I need these with all the original Ford hardware used to mount the brackets to the frame.
Channel or contoured rear bumper? Brackets are specific to each type.

B7C-5708-A Rear leaf spring U-bolt plates: 1957/72 F100 2WD

REEDY FORD in Arkansas City KS has ONE = 620-442-4800 / No one else has any.

1957/60 Styleside beds and rear bumpers also used on the following: 1961/65 F100/250 4WD / 1961/66 F350 / 1962/63 F100/250 2WD / 1966 F250 4WD.

transam525 10-21-2012 05:58 AM

My original bumper (if the truck was even ordered with one) should have been the contoured design. The truck had a dealer/aftermarket bumper installed sometime in the 60's (wrap-around type with a hitch receiver), of which I have removed and am trying to replace with the correct OEM bumper. If both the channel and contoured were an option for 1960, I'm going to use the contoured model.

Regarding the spring plates. I'll give the dealer a call for the one. I will still need a second, as mine are both badly rusted (flaking apart). I'll take new or used if another one has one.

NumberDummy 10-21-2012 06:18 AM

All rear bumpers were optional thru at least 1979. Parts catalog lists both a painted and chrome channel & contoured bumpers for these Stylesides.

Since the Styleside beds were used thru 1966 on some, both types of bumpers will also be found on these trucks.

And, guess what? The same contoured rear bumper brackets were also used on 1961/63 Uni's. But not the bumpers, Uni bumpers are Uni only.

Originally, the right inner/outer & left inner/outer brackets were riveted and sold together. At some point, FoMoCo began selling these brackets individually.

Still depending on that worthless one year parts catalog? Or have you "stepped up" and bought the 1957/63 catalog on a CD? My guess is, you haven't stepped up.

What's 22 bucks when you're spending 1000's? I find it amazing that peeps do a resto without the apropos parts catalog.

There's a guy in the 1961/66 forum I have helped multiple times finding parts, because he's too cheap to step up, :-X15 even after completing a frame off resto.

ibuzzard 10-21-2012 06:41 AM

Dustin, we'd appreciate any more updates you can find the time to make. Glad to see you are back home safely.

Well, sort of safely.Now that Bill's back and rested also, keep your head down.LOL! Better buy that parts disc!

transam525 10-21-2012 07:39 AM

NumberDummy,

I bought the CD last year...definitely a worthy investment. You and I already did a search for these parts in NOS form, with no luck, so I initiated this post in hope to find a used set from a forum member. It looks like since our conversation a dealer now has one spring plate, which I will purchase, but I still need a second spring plate and the rear bumper brackets along with their OEM mounting hardware.

ibuzzard,

I'll refresh my original restoration post with some updates. I'm currently deployed again, but will be home shortly to continue the restoration. I will definitely keep you all updated.

ibuzzard 10-21-2012 07:52 AM

I hear tell that " Riffs Restorations " near Pahrump, Nevada has tons of stuff for our trucks.He does not do email/computer, though.

Riff's Restorations

Pahrump, Nevada

(775) 751-3751

If the time difference is a problem, I could call on your behalf.