Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Stupid motorcycle.. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1196501-stupid-motorcycle.html)

Texas Chain Ring 10-15-2012 06:19 PM

Stupid motorcycle..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...y/IMAG0180.jpg

Furyus1 10-15-2012 06:21 PM

I hope you have some burn cream to put on that...

Texas Chain Ring 10-15-2012 06:24 PM

Been using A & D. This is now about one week old, barely healing.

donjamer 10-15-2012 06:33 PM

Did you have it checked out by a doctor??

If you didn't I would immediately..

That doesn't look good

rollerstud98 10-15-2012 08:35 PM

What were you wearing when that happened? Also, what is A & D?

jroehl 10-15-2012 08:54 PM

I hope you're keeping it clean, creamed and covered (bandaged), or it will likely get infected. I'd go to a doc, though.

Jason

CampSpringsJohn 10-15-2012 09:07 PM

A&D Ointment is a cream that good for minor skin irritations, burns, diaper rash and such. The picture above in my opinion does not qualify as a minor burn. The skin is all gone from the burn. You need an antibiotic cream along with a bandage, as well as a doctors visit. The infection you have if left untreated could cost you part of your leg. A doctors visit is cheap insurance against possibly more severe damage.

Texas Chain Ring 10-15-2012 09:07 PM

I was wearing shorts. :-huh

A & D is like Neosporin, same thing. Good for cuts and minor burns although this one isn't so minor.

No doctor. It looks like in the pic about an hour after it's washed and I apply ointment to it. Then it begins to show that yellowy puss looking stuff and drips. Once it's dry it looks like a regular scab, not all *****. Hurts like hell all day though!

rollerstud98 10-15-2012 09:16 PM

I bet you never get on a bike wearing just shorts again eh. I always cringe when I see people on bikes wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Really can't believe that they do that actually. Sure it probably feels really good, just like riding with no helmet is probably really refreshing having the air blow through your hair, if you have any left, but really proper protective clothing is a must on bike. This is one of the reasons.

CampSpringsJohn 10-15-2012 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Chain Ring (Post 12376418)
I was wearing shorts. :-huh

A & D is like Neosporin, same thing. Good for cuts and minor burns although this one isn't so minor.

No doctor. It looks like in the pic about an hour after it's washed and I apply ointment to it. Then it begins to show that yellowy puss looking stuff and drips. Once it's dry it looks like a regular scab, not all *****. Hurts like hell all day though!

That's an infection you have in there. It will likely clear itself up, but, I would choose to be safe rather than sorry. Go to your doctor and see what he says. They likely have some stuff better than what you are using too.

donjamer 10-15-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn (Post 12376460)
That's an infection you have in there. It will likely clear itself up, but, I would choose to be safe rather than sorry. Go to your doctor and see what he says. They likely have some stuff better than what you are using too.

They do has something better.. I was given silvadene cream when I accidently put my arm in front of acetylene torch years ago..}>

Silvadene Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

This is what it helps..

INDICATIONS AND USAGE

Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) is a topical antimicrobial drug indicated as an adjunct for the prevention and treatment of wound sepsis in patients with second- and third-degree burns.

Furyus1 10-15-2012 10:26 PM

That wound has abscessed and is going to be a major bugger to self-treat.

I did that with a cigarette burn back in my younger and dumber days - took forever for it to heal and the scar it left behind is still quite plainly visible (I've had people ask me if I'd been shot :confused:)

I would go see a doctor...

Texas Chain Ring 10-16-2012 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by rollerstud98 (Post 12376459)
I bet you never get on a bike wearing just shorts again eh. I always cringe when I see people on bikes wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Really can't believe that they do that actually. Sure it probably feels really good, just like riding with no helmet is probably really refreshing having the air blow through your hair, if you have any left, but really proper protective clothing is a must on bike. This is one of the reasons.

I have no plans of getting on a bike again period!

monckywrench 10-16-2012 06:42 PM

I have no plans of getting on a bike again period!
Motorcycles ruthlessly punish unwise choices, riding naked among them. :-X03

Skip1970 10-16-2012 06:49 PM

oh the joys of 2 wheelin! it was usually the hot chicks i took for rides on the back that would get off and burn their sexy legs.