Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   Turn signal auto off... not... auto... offing... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1188363-turn-signal-auto-off-not-auto-offing.html)

king-david 09-08-2012 07:37 PM

Turn signal auto off... not... auto... offing...

In my slowly but surely progress with the Ex... I've run into another small issue. So yeah.. my Ex turn signal works fine.. just wont auto turn off. I dont know the tech term for whats happening or.... not happening. Anybody know the issue or the fix? I tried searching.. but I guess not knowing what it's called is hurting me :(

AndrewWV 09-08-2012 11:21 PM

I have sort of the opposite problem. There are times I can't set the turn signal until I move the wheel one way or the other. Someone recommended changing the multifunction switch, but I haven't tried to yet.

khadma 09-09-2012 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by AndrewWV (Post 12251522)
I have sort of the opposite problem. There are times I can't set the turn signal until I move the wheel one way or the other. Someone recommended changing the multifunction switch, but I haven't tried to yet.

These are a pretty simple replacement job, it is funny how long
We deal with the inconvenience. The switch is around 115.00 or so
And it should take about a half hour to replace.

It is so much cooler than driving for miles down the road with your blinker
On.

jh818 09-09-2012 06:34 PM

You may want to check online for that multi-function switch. I replaced mine 3 years ago for the same exact problem of not returning to the off position. It's one of the pins in the switch. I bought mine for about $65 from a parts dept. of a Ford dealership in Oregon, but online.

xbox73 09-09-2012 08:03 PM

Yep, I have the same problem. I was quoted a couple hundred bucks by the dealer to fix it (~$100 for the switch & ~$100 labor). I had just spent about $2k in maintenance after buying the X to get everything operational (A/C fixed, 3 out of 5 door lock poppers replaced, driver window switch & regulator, etc.), so it was kind of the last straw breaking point & I opted not to fix it at the time & maybe fix it at a later date. Honestly, I've got so used to canceling the turn signal lever manually that I automatically do it now without thinking. Since I've got so used to it, I'm not sure I'll ever fix it, unless I need to replace the MFS or do some maintenance in that same area for some other reason.

Bxrd 01-06-2013 06:56 PM

Post edited, became duplicate. How can I delete it?

Bxrd 01-06-2013 06:56 PM

Actually, I really have the exact opposite problem. I want it to STOP auto-off´ing. I hate how it switch off my pre signalling when entering a roundabout, or how it turns off the signal whenever I have to adjust adversely, ultimately affecting the curves I choose to make.

So basically, how can I disable the right connection? Preferably a mechanical fix, to also remedy the problem that certains positions of the driving wheel rotation keeps blocking the lever (probably tries to switch it off). Any help sincerely appreciated!

Cheers, Bård :)

Diesel Newb 04-26-2013 10:36 PM

OK, so it seems like the turn signal gets canceled WWWAAAYYY too easily in our X. Turn the wheel a couple of inches & off they go, turn it back on, clicks right back off. Would a new stalk would fix this?

Apocalypse 04-26-2013 11:38 PM

Mine was doing this so I got a whole new column. On the way home from buying it it started working again :D Guess I'll toss the column in the garage until I need it lol.