Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   the project '56 f100' (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1186648-the-project-56-f100.html)

tempforce 09-01-2012 10:00 AM

the project '56 f100'

be picking her up along with a parts truck shortly. so the project begins...
will post photos as the project progresses..
alas, it will be a slow project. so be patient...
suggestions to name her, as the build progresses will be welcome ....
cc

:-blah :-drink:-drink :-X04

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ctureid=108456

Rojak 09-01-2012 10:18 AM

Good luck with your project. Please enable your fellow truck addicts with lots of pics asap! Love the Dancing Snoopy!

tempforce 10-16-2012 10:18 PM

as she was found

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ctureid=108458

Stephen67 10-17-2012 12:51 AM

Sweet! What your plans for her?

A project name usually finds it's way when you're working on it. Some names, like Julie, or what not have a tendency to fit them better than others. Start with your favorite star and go from there (Don't want to name it after someone you know usually, tends to effect the whole thing as well as your relationship with them, but star's have personas or characters, so you can name it after a persona rather than an actual person).

With those colors on it, Luna isn't too bad of a fit for my eye. Course what you're planning to do with it all can change a fitting name quite a bit, keep the end goal in mind.

The Horvaths 10-17-2012 04:53 AM

I heard "Snoopy."
;)

tempforce 10-17-2012 06:26 AM

been thinking of 'Hanna' …
or 'Haylee'…
she currently is sporting a volare front end, a small block ford, with a aod auto, 8.8 rear. i have a stock frame and another cab. i'm swapping the frame to hanna if it's in good condition. and putting the spare cab on the current rolling chassis, for swap or sale along with extra fenders and doors…
with the stock frame, she will get a crown vic/mark 8 front end. "hopeing to find a mark 8"… a 4-5 speed auto with controller box…. a 4.6 converted to liquid propane…. the system "schwans" delivery trucks use, swaps injectors and fuel delivery system. the factory computer is used un-modified… a mustang independent rear… i'm thinking of air bags on all corners, using the mark 8 ride sensors. body color custom steel wheels with vic/mark offset. mustang bolt pattern 5x4.5", will need 16" or 17" rims to clear brakes….planning on 7-8" wide rims with 65-70 series tires…. for a good ride….
4 wheel disk with anti-lock. also thinking of exploder/expedition seats…. i have a few cedar trees that are coming down due to last years wild fires.. i hope to make lumber/boards from the trees, to line the bed floor with, also thinking of using thin tongue and groove cedar boards on the outside of the bed for a woody look… the white and red wood will look great with a aqua/teal and white paint job. still trying to find the right shade. as i plan on spraying a blue pearl over both the white and teal…. the top and back of the cab will get the white along with lettering and a white pin stripe on the steel wheels.
the bed, fenders and part of the running boards will tilt like a dump truck, to allow access to the relocated battery, brake master cylinder and hydraulic tank. using relay rods for the master cylinder due to being located further from the floor pedal. this way i won't have to deal with keeping the access holes in the floor. i plan on coating the cab floor with bed liner on both sides, prior to remounting onto the frame… (the cab floor needs sheet metal replaced while i'm swapping frames)… i'm thinking of having the running boards sprayed with bed liner as well… allowing for the step plates…
outside more or less stock, except for the wood on the bed and wood load extender stakes above the sides of the bed. (think of the little red wagon dodge produced)…
"photos posted" as the work progresses.

dmack91 10-17-2012 12:19 PM

Very ambitious project. Keep us posted.

gsato55 10-19-2012 02:31 PM

Sounds like you're a retiree with lots of time to take on such a task. I'm just hoping to get all the block sanding done so as to get it painted before winter sets in. Check out my photobucket for photos. I also messaged you privately so check it out.

ben73058 10-19-2012 02:38 PM

Nice to have some more guys on here from Central Texas.
It's amazing how industrious we get once the heat finally breaks!

Nice project Tempforce - where did you find her? I haven't seen that
one locally on Craigslist.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1 (351W/AOD)

tempforce 10-19-2012 03:14 PM

i've been lurking on here for a few years… a couple summers ago i went to a effie get together, i believe it was in marble falls.
this year, i finally found a place and moved.
i found the trucks in prescott, az., just driving by the repair shop on my way to the v.a. med facility..
i'm swapping the frames and cabs. i will be selling the volare front suspension modified frame, it also has a aod auto and a 8.8 rear… i'm using the stock frame and installing the mark 8/crown vic front end mod..as mentioned above.
i need to level out some ground and have it graveled, then a metal cover installed over my work area/shop…. walls to be completed later… so i can get everything under cover… as i sun burn easy….
us northern born, take a while to tan…:-X0A6
then i can get serious on the work… with my health i'm thinking 3-5 years, to completion… hopefully a lot sooner…
the place needs a lot of t.l.c. due to being involved in last years wild fires… over 5 acres of standing dead/burn't trees that need brought down and then the place replanted.. which unfortunately the property gets priority, until the replacement trees are in….:-blah:-blah

gsato55 10-19-2012 03:55 PM

Tempforce,

I'm in need of all the inside door parts if you have them available. If you are willing to part with them, please call me with prices at 254-291-3075. I'm in Copperas Cove so not to far away from Marble Falls.

Thanks,

rzns60 10-19-2012 05:33 PM

Fantastic another central texas guy. Sounds like a fun project. Would like to get a look a her.

gsato55, I have 1 door that I can part out if you are interested. Down in South Austin.

Kelly

AXracer 10-19-2012 05:51 PM

good luck with it. That's a pretty ambitious build. Be sure to keep the paperwork straightened out on the two frames, remember the truck is legally defined by the factory stamped # on the frame. When you put the first body on the second frame, it becomes the second frame truck. Be sure you get the title on the second frame, that it matches the ID# on the frame and that it is clear to save you a lot of problems down the road and even possible confiscation.

I am of the belief that the truck will tell you it's name when it has developed it's personality and is ready to be named.

gsato55 10-20-2012 09:54 PM

Kelly,

Sorry for the delay. I will need the window regulator and door mechanism with all the hardware minus the handles and wing window as I'm going to illiminate the wing window. Which door is it for and how much are you asking? You can e-mail me at gsato55@gmail.com or call me at 254-291-3075.

Thanks

gsato55 10-24-2012 11:23 AM

Door Parts

Tempforce,

I received your reply, but my reply was not deliverable due to your box being full. I do appreciate the heads up and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Glenn