Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Escape & Escape Hybrid (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum36/)
-   -   2013 1.6L Escape recall (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1176656-2013-1-6l-escape-recall.html)

2ndStroke 07-19-2012 01:52 PM

2013 1.6L Escape recall

Ford recalls 1.6-liter Ford Escape, tells owners to stop driving - Yahoo! News Canada

tcesni 07-19-2012 05:09 PM

This is seriously bad PR for a new model launch.

2ndStroke 07-19-2012 05:24 PM

I'd say so. We are looking at a new vehicle for my wife this fall. The Escape is on the list, just thought I would throw the article out there for other interested buyers. Hopefully Ford can get it fixed quick!

tcesni 07-20-2012 02:07 PM

I would love to replace my 09 with the 2.0 liter turbo version but I need to get my wife a new car first.

wptski 07-20-2012 03:48 PM

It's a bad gas line. Ford doesn't make them so this is a supplier issue but Ford gets blamed for it. Happens all the time.

tcesni 07-20-2012 06:42 PM

Supplier issues happen all the time but seldom does the manufacturer have to tell owners to park their cars. At least they won't catch fire while sitting still (unlike F-150's with the bad cruise control switches).

wptski 07-20-2012 09:02 PM

A local story where the dealer didn't have a loaner for a women as stated by Ford. Later when they had a loaner wanted her to ride in the tow truck to pick it up. She ended up driving it anyway because of a time issue with her job.

FTE Herman 07-20-2012 09:30 PM

My Dealer's instructions from Ford:

1. Contact owners of new vehicles sold, tell them to park the vehicle.
2. Deliver loaner to owner's residence.
3. Tow vehicle from residence to dealership.
4. Await repair instructions (ETA Monday).

The delerships are under a do not sell order.

bmuhlbach 07-20-2012 09:49 PM

Just was walking around the Ford lot there was two 1.6 liters for sale I figure or hope there already fixed.

wptski 07-21-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by FTE Herman (Post 12082050)
My Dealer's instructions from Ford:

1. Contact owners of new vehicles sold, tell them to park the vehicle.
2. Deliver loaner to owner's residence.
3. Tow vehicle from residence to dealership.
4. Await repair instructions (ETA Monday).

The delerships are under a do not sell order.

Here's the actual video from my local Detroit station story:Woman drives recalled Ford Escape | News - Home:

tcesni 07-22-2012 08:18 AM

Just picked up the September issue of Motor Trend where they picked the Escape 1.6L SE as number 1 in a comparison test.

2ndStroke 07-22-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by tcesni (Post 12086041)
Just picked up the September issue of Motor Trend where they picked the Escape 1.6L SE as number 1 in a comparison test.

Hmm, well that sounds good. I haven't seen the 13's yet, bringing my truck in Sat for service, maybe I can get a quick test drive in with an eco.

my02ctd 07-23-2012 08:44 PM

Hi Im new to the Ford forums here so Hi to you all. I bought a new 2013 escape the first part of June. I bought one of the very first escapes off the line and the very first in the state. Well guess what? I have the 1.6 eco-boost with the gas line recall ! I called the dealer where I purchased it as soon as I heard it on the news. They told me they havnt had any info on the problem. I called them back the next day as I read it on the Ford web site. They said they have no info. I told them about we are NOT to be driving them and the dealer will pick it up and supply a loaner. This happened July 19 and 20. Called on 21st and they said that they will not pick up the Escape because we live farther than 30 miles from them and that we will have to rent a car from Enterprise rental for $50. They told me I either drive it to them , which will be 140 miles, or haul it to them. They said they would check into it and call back Monday (today) Nope not a word. My wife needs the Escape to go to work . I have a F-150 to get to my work. So she has to keep driving the Escape. So who is responsible then if it bursts into flames when they seem not to help or I have to drive it there to get fixed? I quit buying fords about 15 years ago cause a stupid dealer in my area so now I come back and now this!! Any suggestions? The dealer where I bought this treated us really well when I bought it and afterwards till now! Maybe Im jumping the gun here. We really like it tho. Nice and comfortable, good room. The mileage is improving so i think it will do the 33mpg. I have 1500 miles on it now. I like the eco-boost. It runs great and will really haul a.. for little engine. I had it full the other day with 4 adults, me and the other guy are over 6 foot and it was loaded in the back with coolers and such. Handles and drives great. My wife thinks its great and she is real fussy on how the vehicles are.

2ndStroke 07-24-2012 04:48 AM

Wow, sounds like your dealer isn't following Ford's instuctions. I would try calling Fords customer service and see what they say? Maybe they can point you in the right direction to get the answers you need. Sure sounds like a nice vehicle you got there, hope you get it straighten away soon.

wptski 07-24-2012 07:43 AM

Sounds like from a corporate level, Ford is handling this correctly but it seems somebody else is dropping the ball.