Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   6.2L Misfire cylinders 4 & 7 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1174942-6-2l-misfire-cylinders-4-and-7-a.html)

Grandslam99 07-11-2012 08:47 PM

6.2L Misfire cylinders 4 & 7

Has anyone had cylinder misfire codes and had a sucessfull repair. My 6.2L, 12,000 miles towing has experienced #4 & #7 misfires. It's build date was 8/2010 and falls within the parameters of TSB 10-25-7. According to the servicing Ford dealer the Tech has examined the Rockers/Cam shafts and states that they look okay. Coil packs were moved around and still only cylinders #4 & #7 are reporting misfires.

Any help guys? Raptor's also are listed as experiencing this issue.

Thanks.

fixnair 07-11-2012 11:29 PM

Switch sparkplugs, if still there switch injectors, if still there do a compresion test.

Grandslam99 07-13-2012 05:01 PM

"It's Fixed??"

:)Just back from the Ford Dealer, NO check engine light. Here's the story as I understand it. No mechanical issues, ALL rockers and Cam's look good, coil over plug on #4 and #7 were replaced, no change. Ford Tech Hotline had Local Tech make the computer relearn the crank/cam shaft sensor position. This is what the paperwork called "Performed CKP Neutral profile correction."
This corrected some "bad learning" in the adaptive power section of the computer.
In the next week or so I'll re-attach the Boat and Trailer and see what happens when we are towing it above 4.5K on the Tach.
If it goes South again I'll report back on this thread.

Enjoy!:)

sergefournier 12-16-2013 02:57 PM

Ford F250 6.2 2013 Power Balance Loss of RPM contribution

Ford F250 Power Balance Loss of RPM contribution on cylinders 4 and 7.

This is a brand new truck with less than 5000 km. We have been back and forth to the dealer arguing the lack of power on this one. I was only last week, after six months of struggling, that we made a road test with a 6000 lbs trailer when the code came out on their engine monitoring tool hooked up while driving.

This is how Ford references this in their OASIS stuff. This is a known problem without any solution. This is what says the SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGES #44156, 44155 and 32247 that they are referencing in the paperwork they gave me. I can email this to you if you need it.

This make my truck less performant than the old 5.4.

If you find a solution, please advise.

I am trying to have them to buy back the vehicule.

AspenFord 02-29-2024 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Grandslam99 (Post 12055683)
:)Just back from the Ford Dealer, NO check engine light. Here's the story as I understand it. No mechanical issues, ALL rockers and Cam's look good, coil over plug on #4 and #7 were replaced, no change. Ford Tech Hotline had Local Tech make the computer relearn the crank/cam shaft sensor position. This is what the paperwork called "Performed CKP Neutral profile correction."
This corrected some "bad learning" in the adaptive power section of the computer.
In the next week or so I'll re-attach the Boat and Trailer and see what happens when we are towing it above 4.5K on the Tach.
If it goes South again I'll report back on this thread.

Enjoy!:)

Thank You for your post, my 2012 F250 Super Duty 6.2 has been having similar issues but on 3&5. Same, only under load (over 2k, usually pulling a hill or trailer), changed plugs, wires, COP's with no change! If driving in town, she drives like a dream, get on the highway and put a load on her and lose power and starts throwing misfire codes. I will definitely look into your soln, thanks again!