Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   July Chat/All Topic Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1172532-july-chat-all-topic-thread.html)

jgoodman6891 07-01-2012 08:57 AM

July Chat/All Topic Thread

Finally got one made!!!

Anyway.... slow & hot around here. Anyone want to come out for the rain dance next weekend?

IB Tim 07-01-2012 09:25 AM

Is it July already?? Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone..

cookie88 07-01-2012 10:26 AM

It's only 87 in NW MO. today. Was 113 in central Kansas Wednesday. Get back to Arkansas hot later this evening.

zhilton 07-01-2012 09:44 PM

And the year is half over. Don't tell the kids, but they've got 6-7 weeks before school starts back up.:-jammin

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 12012659)
Finally got one made!!!

Congratulations:-X22 I think Joe is still in a daze over his father's day gift. Lucky guy:-X16

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 12012659)
Anyway.... slow & hot around here. Anyone want to come out for the rain dance next weekend?

Nah, I'm going to have to pass. But I did wash two of the four rides here at the house (Pavement Princess & Fungus Among Us). We went to WM this evening for a couple of items and it was sprinkling when we walked in. So maybe the car washes & 30% chance of rain tomorrow will be enough to get some of that wet stuff the weather guessers are teasing us with.

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12012979)
It's only 87 in NW MO. today. Was 113 in central Kansas Wednesday. Get back to Arkansas hot later this evening.

I have a sneaking suspicion the corn crop this year looks just like last year's...burned up. I know they had a bumper crop in 2010...but two years back to back of burned up crops ain't good for our fellow American's just over the border in Misery who make a living plowing dirt. Maybe they'll get lucky and the rains will return this month and they'll be able to salvage the crop before it's too late.

cookie88 07-02-2012 03:10 PM

Beans are in rough shape. Corn looks surprisingly strong, but it's gonna need to rain pretty soon.

tojoski 07-03-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 12014924)
I think Joe is still in a daze over his father's day gift. Lucky guy:-

Yea something like that :-X18

Atleast my mower is getting a break this year... I mowed I think maybe twice this season, and the last time I did it was like mowing the dirt road.

tojoski 07-04-2012 01:27 PM

Added one more thing to the backlog of goodies for the 250, picked one of these up off of craigslist this morning:

http://bicostereo.com/images/uploads...LT-2-10-DF.JPG

Its a down-firing box that fits under the rear seat.. there goes the neighborhood

zhilton 07-04-2012 02:12 PM

The life of a railroader...even national holidays are just another day at the office. At least it was a short day, and only had to take care of a few simple things.

Anyone talked to Andy lately? The last thing I heard out of him was they were staying at LRAFB and he was on the prowl for another truck.

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12017132)
Beans are in rough shape. Corn looks surprisingly strong, but it's gonna need to rain pretty soon.

When I was working out of Nevada/Carthage there was a couple of guys there that railroaded "to support the farm". I say all that because one of them was telling me that for a good crop of corn, it needs almost 3/4" of rain a day from early July until a late August. Last year you could spot the crops that were irrigated and those that weren't without having to see the RainBird.

(From the June thread)

Originally Posted by Will P. (Post 12022740)
When in first are you hard on the gas or do you just ease into it? Ours will shudder if you don't get on the pedal. You have to drive it like you stole it! I haven't heard any clunks in ours and it shifts good most all of the time. We did get a recall on the transmission though. They had to reprogram it for hills and such but I can't really tell a difference. So far, after 25k miles, it has been pretty good.

Well, that's what the dealership asked us...if we were hard on it. When I told him no, I drive it like I drive the truck. I don't hammer down on the throttle until we're rolling down the highway. Always thought the key to good fuel mileage is easing into the throttle...and with the truck it has paid off over the years (mid-19s to low 20's on the MPG). The service writer/adviser (who never lie;)) assured me that there's nothing wrong with the car. The guy at the parts counter (same dealership) tells me I'm dealing with the wrong SA...he's phrase was the SA is a moron. So next week when I'm on nights, I'm going to take the Fungus over one day before work and let my bad attitude off the chain. I've never felt a tranny slip & chatter/shudder like this one is. The wife said Monday on her way home from work it knocked it's self out of cruise and she had to pull over to the side of the road to keep from getting hit (was on a 65mph Hwy at the time). I hooked my AE up to that night, but there aren't any stored codes...though my AE only list up to 2011 MY Fords.

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 12023606)
Its a down-firing box that fits under the rear seat.. there goes the neighborhood

:-huh What did he say? :-huh

(Loud music)

cookie88 07-04-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton
I say all that because one of them was telling me that for a good crop of corn, it needs almost 3/4" of rain a day from early July until a late August.

Sure..... if you're trying to drown your crops. There must have been some sort of misunderstanding or misinterpretation in that conversation.

Originally Posted by tojoski
Its a down-firing box that fits under the rear seat..

Cool. How big on the subs?

cookie88 07-04-2012 05:29 PM

Happy independence day everybody!! Anybody on the grill or is it too hot to stand outside?

tojoski 07-04-2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12024264)
Sure..... if you're trying to drown your crops. There must have been some sort of misunderstanding or misinterpretation in that conversation.

Cool. How big on the subs?

10's .. no subs in the box yet though. Somewhere I have a decent Kenwood amp put up that I had in the mustang.

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12024267)
Happy independence day everybody!! Anybody on the grill or is it too hot to stand outside?

I think my grill is smoking but i haven't touched it in months..:-X18

Are you on nights this year? This 105deg stuff has got to be brutal.

cookie88 07-04-2012 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski

I am not, and it is indeed.

Last few days it's been averaging about 140 degrees on the steel deck plating under the engine. Pretty unpleasant place to work. Hot enough that the soles of my work boots begin to soften up if I stand in one place for more than a few minutes.

Will P. 07-05-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 12023700)

(From the June thread)Well, that's what the dealership asked us...if we were hard on it. When I told him no, I drive it like I drive the truck. I don't hammer down on the throttle until we're rolling down the highway. Always thought the key to good fuel mileage is easing into the throttle...and with the truck it has paid off over the years (mid-19s to low 20's on the MPG). The service writer/adviser (who never lie;)) assured me that there's nothing wrong with the car. The guy at the parts counter (same dealership) tells me I'm dealing with the wrong SA...he's phrase was the SA is a moron. So next week when I'm on nights, I'm going to take the Fungus over one day before work and let my bad attitude off the chain. I've never felt a tranny slip & chatter/shudder like this one is. The wife said Monday on her way home from work it knocked it's self out of cruise and she had to pull over to the side of the road to keep from getting hit (was on a 65mph Hwy at the time). I hooked my AE up to that night, but there aren't any stored codes...though my AE only list up to 2011 MY Fords.

Ours has never done anything like that before. I drove it to Florida last February and had it on cruise all the way with no problems at all. The only time ours does anything remotely close to what you describe is on hills from a standstill.

zhilton 07-05-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 12024273)

I wish it was that cool in the cabs of the locomotives at work. When your dealing with 50 year old locomotives...A/C isn't in the equation for cab comfort. Oh well, at least a couple of them have fans to help keep ya' cool while the brain dead conductor waste time.:-arrgh

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 12024464)
Last few days it's been averaging about 140 degrees on the steel deck plating under the engine.

I'm going to nights again next week...but figures it would cool down the week I'm not on days. Oh well, if I have to wear a jacket to ride home on the scooter in the mornings I'll wear it with pride!:-jammin

Originally Posted by Will P. (Post 12025963)
Ours has never done anything like that before. I drove it to Florida last February and had it on cruise all the way with no problems at all. The only time ours does anything remotely close to what you describe is on hills from a standstill.

Yeah, I kind of figured something wasn't right. My wife found a forum for Focus' that is sort of like FTE. From what I've been reading on this DCT/Select Shift tranny...once the PCM gets used to your driving habits it will keep the clutch slippage to a minimum & and nearing unnoticeable. And only one guy has reported something similar to what her's is making in 3rd & 5th gears. I talked to the dealership this morning...guess we'll figure out something come Monday morning.

zhilton 07-05-2012 06:07 PM

Got this link off another thread...I'm 99.999% sure it's fake (look at the phone number). But it's "different" to say the least.

best of craigslist: 1962 International rat rod?

https://post.craigslist.org/imagepre...3087661f99.jpg