Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vehicles for Sale (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum233/)
-   -   Ford F100 4x4 - Factory 292 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1169824-ford-f100-4x4-factory-292-a.html)

THartman 06-18-2012 08:47 PM

Ford F100 4x4 - Factory 292

1959 Ford F100 4x4 truck - $2,100 OBO. 1959 Ford F100 4x4 truck. I have another truck I am working on and don't have the time/space/budget to finish this one at the same time. Overall the truck is a solid base for anyone who wants to have a 4x4 from the first year they are in production. The truck has the 292 Y block, 3 on the tree, and drum brakes on all four corners. If you are looking for a restoration project or something fun to play with this is for you. This truck has the chrome grill, fender, and steering wheel with the horn ring found on the custom cabs.

Pictures available at 1959 Ford F100 4x4 - Factory 292

This Academy Blue F100 rolled off the Kansas City assembly line on - August 04, 1959. From everything I have been able to find this looks to be factory 4x4 gear and not a M-H or Napco conversion. This isn't a truck where somebody stuck a 1970's 4x4 set of running gear in it or tried to transplant the body onto a late model truck. The VIN plate in the glove box shows it coming with a 292 Y block which is what is under the hood.

This truck comes with the flatbed installed as pictured. The Styleside bed is the one pictured sitting under the tree. I put a bed from my other truck on this one to take a picture. The styleside bed included is the one shown NOT mounted on the truck.

-The engine is a 292 Y-Block. If you aren't familiar with these engines you can read the success Karol Miller had building them up and racing Bonneville back in the late 50's. Y-block Ford powered T-bucket: Ford Success Stories: Karol Miller ... Bonneville Legend
-3 speed column mount transmission "Three on the Tree"
-Axles - Dana 44 closed knuckle on the front with a ford 9" in the rear
-Overall the front end cab interior and exterior are in good shape regarding dents and trueness. Some patches needed at the base of the fenders and lower portion of the door skin needs some work. LMC truck and similar websites carry patch panels and other parts for a restoration.
-Both doors and the rear glass is in good condition. The front windshield is cracked and needs replaced. It isn't leaking. A local shop quoted me $185 for the glass.
-Wheels and tires - turbine style as pictured. No spare included
-The frame has normal surface rust but is solid

Buyer is responsible for any shipping costs and arrangements. We will help load it on the buyers transport.

I bought this truck after it had sat in a barn for the last several years. When we cranked the engine it turned over but didn't fire up. We went ahead and pulled it apart to check everything out, overhaul as necessary, then go from there. The only issue we found was one of the push rods was slightly bent and a mouse had tried to move into the exhaust system. Right now the engine is disassembled so you can decide if you want to put in a new rod, replace the gaskets and drive it as is or to do any other changes while it is disassembled. The main bearings and other components don't show a significant amount of wear.

Any questions please call 424 two three four 6634