Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Banks IQ 6 Gunn Questions (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1167733-banks-iq-6-gunn-questions.html)

Gcapell 06-09-2012 02:02 PM

Banks IQ 6 Gunn Questions

I have 2008 F350 crew cab 6.4 and recently purchased the Banks IQ and 6 Gunn tuner. I'm very new to diesels. Can anyone give me some advice on which settings will improve gas mileage cause honestly I'm not seeing it yet. Is it even supposed to be a noticeable difference. Thanks.

powerstroke72 06-09-2012 09:56 PM

Moved to the 6.4L Powerstroke Diesel forum.

auriferous 06-09-2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gcapell (Post 11933889)
I have 2008 F350 crew cab 6.4 and recently purchased the Banks IQ and 6 Gunn tuner. I'm very new to diesels. Can anyone give me some advice on which settings will improve gas mileage cause honestly I'm not seeing it yet. Is it even supposed to be a noticeable difference. Thanks.

there is of course the econ mode,the mech at banks in azusa said to try it on the 4 setting and see how the mpg's are so I have been running that for a few months and can't really tell. Since I had it installed I have definitely seen a 2 mpg gain combined driving and I chose to tow one way on econ and returned home on the 4 setting, it seemed to get going better on 4 [my trailer is about 6500 lbs] good luck and welcome! [I hand calc my mileage as some tuners cause the readout to lie,mine however has been accurate ]

RM2738 06-10-2012 10:34 AM

I'm sure Senix will be able to chime in here.

All trucks are different as the way their driven. Some people don't see a noticeable increase in MPG's after tuning, and some allegedly see 2-4 MPG's. You'll honestly have to test different settings. The real benefit of the banks that I saw was the decreased regen frequency with improved performance.

senix 06-10-2012 10:34 AM

I run mine on level two all the time. about 1.5-2 mpgs.

Biggest improvement is regens being farther apart.

I tow in level 2 with anthything less then 10K and over that I tow in stock.

smotrs 06-11-2012 03:52 PM

That will be your number 1 benefit is that regens will be further apart compared to stock. Otherwise, don't expect more then 1-3mpg increase on the various settings. You also won't have to remove it for smog inspections either if required in your state.

auriferous 04-23-2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by auriferous (Post 11935223)
there is of course the econ mode,the mech at banks in azusa said to try it on the 4 setting and see how the mpg's are so I have been running that for a few months and can't really tell. Since I had it installed I have definitely seen a 2 mpg gain combined driving and I chose to tow one way on econ and returned home on the 4 setting, it seemed to get going better on 4 [my trailer is about 6500 lbs] good luck and welcome! [I hand calc my mileage as some tuners cause the readout to lie,mine however has been accurate ]

I just posted on another thread about towing on the econ setting and
found this thread ! I won't be towing anything on a setting this high again ! was warned about the risks of damage and will be staying in the stock or #2/econ mode strictly.