Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Modular V10 (6.8l) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum49/)
-   -   Something weird happened today (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1163801-something-weird-happened-today.html)

IslandBlueV10 05-22-2012 03:50 PM

Something weird happened today

I was driving my truck ealier today and all was fine, then I stopped to make a left turn, while waiting for traffic to pass as I moved my foot from the brake to the gas pedal, my truck like lost all power for a split second then all of a sudden took off. It seemed like the motor was about to stall then caught, my rpms jumped to over 2500. I was just about home when this happened so It didn't do anything else until I got home. I also had my radio on and did not hear anything weird at the time it happened, but did shut off the radio after and still sounded and drove fine.

In the last week I have put 300 miles on my truck with no problems. I have a Scan Gauge and it doesn't show any fault codes, and I wasn't watching the gauges when this happened, It happened to fast and I was busy watching traffic.

I hope nothing is going on and it is just something weird.

mikeismadness 05-22-2012 05:07 PM

My dad has an 01 v10 that had a vacuum leak, sometimes it would idle really high and sometimes it would idle fine and other times it would try to stall. Check all the vacuum lines is where I would start

IslandBlueV10 05-22-2012 10:20 PM

I looked over my vacuum lines and they seemed good, but I need to find a diagram to find them all. I took my truck for a drive and nothing happened. So I will just keep driving it and see if this happens again.

mikeismadness 05-22-2012 11:27 PM

Hows your plugs and cp boots?

krewat 05-23-2012 07:39 AM

Sounds like the IAC might have stuck ...

Aune163rd 05-23-2012 05:03 PM

Sounds like IAC as well..i do know what that is from my 1989 F-150 5.0l....

IslandBlueV10 05-23-2012 09:16 PM

This last fall I did clean my IAC Valve as talked about on this forum. Before that when it was cold out when I first start my truck it would instantly stall. After cleaning it this past winter my truck would start up just fine. I have driven the truck again today and still nothing. But maybe I ought to put a new IAC Valve on my list of things to do. Maybe I will try cleaning it again until I can get a new one.

Thanks everyone for all the help that is offered on FTE!

KOESTNER 05-23-2012 10:33 PM

Are you sure your foot wasn't on the brake and the go pedal at the same time? They're pretty close you know.

IslandBlueV10 05-24-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by KOESTNER (Post 11870669)
Are you sure your foot wasn't on the brake and the go pedal at the same time? They're pretty close you know.

I know I wasn't on both pedals. When the traffic cleared their was more coming so I stepped on the gas pretty hard, if I was still on the brake I think it would jerk or jump. But it just felt like I had no power then all of a sudden it just went. It was just like a split second, where I was on the gas and nothing there.