Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   You can forget the fire, but don't forget the campfire permit. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1162960-you-can-forget-the-fire-but-dont-forget-the-campfire-permit.html)

william_04_x 05-18-2012 07:33 PM

You can forget the fire, but don't forget the campfire permit.

Just read this, and thought I'd pass it along.

New fire restrictions just went into effect .

wpnaes 05-18-2012 10:36 PM

"Above-normal rainfall this winter and spring..."

Did I miss something or are we talking about the 2010/2011 winter?

I thought the past winter was fairly dry.

bpounds 05-19-2012 07:59 AM

Campfire related - have you seen this latest California effort?

California Firewood Task Force > Buy It Where You Burn It

It is not the law yet, but you can bet that is where it is headed in this wrong-headed state.

In most Fed and State parks you cannot collect firewood. Now they don't want you to carry firewood either. So what does that leave? Buying firewood from your friendly Fed or State agency onsite.

wpnaes 05-19-2012 11:16 AM

You mean buying local, wet firewood for $2x that's gonna smoke like crazy if it even lights. Have to buy some more wax logs. Plus that won't work in the Mojave...

bpounds 05-19-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 11853047)
...firewood for $2x ...

The camp hosts where I've been have it for $6/bundle. And I doubt if you could heat a hot dog to body temp on one bundle of their soft wood.

wpnaes 05-19-2012 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That not an outrageous price, same as at the Vons/Ralphs/TrueValue... Agree it's soft and usually wet or a smokey wood. I'll just keep my eyes out for the doug fir pallets. Thanks to my dad, I spent many an hour as a teen learning to use a crow bar on screw shank nails disassembling pallets. Something else to share with the new generation in between video games...

Still nice to have a gas stove around assuming that's not outlawed too. :-X22

Nighteyez 05-20-2012 11:47 AM

Gotta watch out for those Pitch Cankers. they'll get you every time. :( Sounds like another ploy to help fund the deficit.

Jim

BradyCouchman 05-22-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by bpounds (Post 11852665)
Campfire related - have you seen this latest California effort?

California Firewood Task Force > Buy It Where You Burn It

It is not the law yet, but you can bet that is where it is headed in this wrong-headed state.

In most Fed and State parks you cannot collect firewood. Now they don't want you to carry firewood either. So what does that leave? Buying firewood from your friendly Fed or State agency onsite.

Wouldn't the bug burn with the wood? or does that mean that PETA will get evolved next?

wpnaes 05-22-2012 08:55 PM

Those new bugs are smart, they 'split' wood when they feel the heat.

SteveBricks 05-22-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 11853999)
I'll just keep my out for the doug fir pallets.

I've got 4 or 5 waiting for you in the back yard :-X22